Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Checkmate
Anyone Know This Boat?  Just Bought It Black Convincor 283, Chicago >

Anyone Know This Boat? Just Bought It Black Convincor 283, Chicago

Notices

Anyone Know This Boat? Just Bought It Black Convincor 283, Chicago

Old 07-17-2016, 11:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kunkels Marine in Ohio has done quite a few Procharger installs in Convincors. They may know if you can fit them in without cutting fiberglass. I have an M3 in my Convincer 253 and had to notch the back of the seat to fit the Intercoler
Old 07-21-2016, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Talked to the builder again today, still on schedule. They are building the engines and breaking them in the dyno. They should be done by wednesday or thursday of next week. The engines will arrive broken in and ready to go! They run them for between 2-3 hours on the dyno and do 3 oil changes in the first 2 hours. They advised me to run shell rotella 15-40 only.

We are doing some impellers and minor things to the drives, just cheap insurance type stuff in the meantime. Bought a cool steering wheel lol. Drive showers came in. Ordering some bottom mount starters and drive couplers today as well. I'll run Amsoil Marine in the drives.

We're moving along! Going to make some calls on props today. Seems a 4 blade bravo is the way to do. I will have alot of arse and be stern heavy for sure.

PS, talked to Kunkels for just a bit. They think I'll be ok with my set up in regards to safety. The guy I was even speaking with told that there were a couple 283's that came out of the factory with 540 bulldogs in it. This must have been on e of those boats I'd imagine. Anyways they are super friendly guys.
Old 07-24-2016, 09:07 PM
Registered

The 540s out of that boat were put into a buddy of mines Active Thunder..

Cool boat, should run mid 80s no problem

I also have a mint 283 that is in need of a engine rebuild and rigging if anyone is interested..mine would be similarly priced and comes with basically everything needed....I've been planning to finish it buy habnt made it happen this past year
Old 07-25-2016, 01:56 PM
Registered

Alot of indecision on a very small part. The flame arrestor. The boat has cutouts under the deck for them, the hole measures 10 7/8 in diameter. I desperately want to keep it stock, definately dont' want to cut, but also don't want to shim the deck platform either. I called K & N and they told me I would need literally their largest 14x4 to met the CFM requirements. So that's out. Called Hardin marine and they couldn't even give me specs on their offering. Ran into a cool guy at gaffrig and so I snatched up two of these http://gaffrigperformance.com/boat-f...or-10-x-2.html He said they should flow mid 900's which is where I need to be. I'm a little skeptical and hope that they don't choke the engine, and with higher manifold we're using I don't end up have to modifier the deck anyways.
Old 01-22-2017, 07:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pics???