Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Chris Craft
Anyone else know of any Chris craft 245 Limiteds??? >

Anyone else know of any Chris craft 245 Limiteds???

Notices

Anyone else know of any Chris craft 245 Limiteds???

Old 10-13-2005, 05:47 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 203 Likes on 131 Posts
Default Anyone else know of any Chris craft 245 Limiteds???

I have a 245 limited and I cannot find much about them online anywhere,I am just looking for a factory brochure or see who else has them to find out how others run.I am doing a build up of mine this winter as I opted for a small block in mine to save 8000 over the big block version.Any info would be nice.Thanks...
Attached Thumbnails Anyone else know of any Chris craft 245 Limiteds???-edit-4.jpg  
Old 10-13-2005, 05:49 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Default Re: Anyone else know of any Chris craft 245 Limiteds???

another pic,I just had to have this boat and I got it cheap. 248 hrs on a 1988 and all origianal MINT interior!!
Attached Thumbnails Anyone else know of any Chris craft 245 Limiteds???-edit-5.jpg  
Old 10-14-2005, 08:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mines listed in the classifieds for sale. The 460 pushes it to 64mph depending on condition, a little chop is perfect to get some air under it.
But your right , you wont find many out there . My brother has an 88 model with a 454 merc. I can just barely pull away from him. Hes doin a refurbish on his too. Its blue and white also but dont have the port hole. Yours looks gook runnin, where are those pictures from?
Old 10-14-2005, 03:40 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Pics are from the Erie island area,I am in Cleveland,Ohio but I keep the boat by the Islands,there is better boating there.Mine is a small block but I am going to build a potent small block or I may convert to a big block.I can hget a big block engine and convert it for alot less than buying a big block boat like mine.I know alot of people with parts and engines.I can do 50 on gps with mine the way it is which is not bad for only 260 hp.How do these hulls feel at 60+? I figure after 65 this hull would start getting hairy.I am used to being on 32 ft and bigger boats so 75 on them feels like 40 on my boat.Do you have any more pics of your boat? What about your brothers? I would like to see how the big block fits Mine is also an 88 and I paid 6500 with 280 orig hrs and perfect interior.I could not pass it up.With a engine build I will still have less than 10,000 in it and it will run where I want it.I plan to upgrade in a year or two to 30+ ft.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:34 AM
Registered

I'll try and send ya some pics. As far as the ride, mine rides good a 60 + but you can tell real easy if its trimmed up to far, she gets a little wiggle then. There are deffinatley better go fast hulls out there, but if i sell mine im still stayin with a Chris Craft.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:55 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I remeber my 245LTD with mixed feelings.... Cool to just cruise in no speed with some girls in backseat and drinks...
In rough water 3-5's with 2 pesons she was a nightmare.
Only keept that boat a summer. Whats the deadrise? 18?
But I loved the big space and the enginehatch.

Mange
Old 10-20-2005, 04:38 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Mange
I remeber my 245LTD with mixed feelings.... Cool to just cruise in no speed with some girls in backseat and drinks...

Mange
I have had mine out alot this year in 3-5 and a few 4-6 days,not great but I made it to Kellys Island,that is my home away from home,the trip is only 3 mi. so I feel pretty safe,I would prob. not go much farther than that in that water.I love the boat,I am putting more poer in it this winter,I will only keep it for a year or two,I am going to be looking to go 30-34 ft,maily looking at formulas and stingers,good boats and they are affordable.The engine hatch is great,Deadrise???
Old 10-20-2005, 04:56 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by rob245
I'll try and send ya some pics. As far as the ride, mine rides good a 60 + but you can tell real easy if its trimmed up to far, she gets a little wiggle then. There are deffinatley better go fast hulls out there, but if i sell mine im still stayin with a Chris Craft.
I think the boat feels best in 2-3 ft waves,when i am on glass water the boat feels loose,and of course it goes slower,it likes the little chop.Usually i get a little air in 2-3-4 footers!!!!!!!!!1
Old 10-26-2005, 03:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mange

Mange
"nightmare" what you mean by that? How does 245 ltd compare to other boats under 25 feet when the waves are high?
Old 10-26-2005, 05:41 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I boat in lake erie,the waves in this lake can be bad,you can go out in 2 ft or less and in 10 min be in 3-5's.I have made alot of trips in 3-5 and a few in 4-6 and had no problems,bury the tabs and take it slow and you will be fine.I think for a 25 ft boat it does well.
Mine is a 88 245 limited.

Quick Reply: Anyone else know of any Chris craft 245 Limiteds???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.