Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Chris Craft
Any Chris Cat Project Boat For Sale / Trade ? >

Any Chris Cat Project Boat For Sale / Trade ?

Notices

Any Chris Cat Project Boat For Sale / Trade ?

Old 10-21-2017, 09:11 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 368 Likes on 247 Posts

so you think the cockpit is bonded to the hull? other can confirm they are all like that?
Old 10-21-2017, 09:33 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The deck is definitely bonded to the hull. Its hard to tell if the cockpit is. I cannot imagine them not running at least a bead of bonding compound when they put the deck on. If you pull the box below the seats you can kook in there and see if you see anything. Are you pulling the whole deck or just the cock pit. I'm pulling everything out soon to cut the hull in half and make it a foot wider.
Old 10-21-2017, 09:36 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

when i get there, i will lift the whole deck off, no question or doubt about that!

Whatever it is going to take, I will split it ! I want nothing, like really nothing, left unknow when it will be done!

but I'm not there yet! still untouched since I got it! LOL
Old 10-21-2017, 09:37 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Also did you find the fuel tanks? They are located as soon as you go in the doors under the carpet and go back under the aft seating. They are 110 gallons each. Mine still had the original sticker on them.
Old 10-21-2017, 09:44 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

I just rented a 3000 sq ft warehouse to start taking mine apart. I'm moving in on the first. I have to build a gantry to lift the deck off. Why are you taking the deck off. I saw all the gel coat cracks in the photos you sent me. Theres a lot of them. It would be easier to repair them than taking the deck off
Old 02-01-2018, 06:07 PM
aex
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Looking for Chris cat photos

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1727...action_generic
Old 02-12-2018, 07:56 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I pulled the deck off the boat. I cut it just below where the deck is attached to the hull. The cockpit was not bonded to the deck. The fuel tanks are centered where the forward seating is. They run from the aft bulkhead to about 2 ft aft of where the door is and you step down. Theres a compartment there that's empty except for a little water trapped there. The tanks are foamed in. The deck and hull sides are balsa cored. I ground all the gel coat off of the tunnel so I can cut it. You can see the core material through the fiberglass. It appears to be 3/4inch plywood cut in to 6 inch strips and laid not flat but on their side so you can definitely see that its plywood. I'll know for sure when I cut the boat in half. Also I shot the bottom of the boat with a laser. Once I leveled it, I could look at the running surface of the hull. Both the aft section and center section where the steps are, were perfectly flat. I don't think there was a variance of more than a 1/16 of an inch. That's why the boats run so flat through the water and out of the water. The section forward of the first step had slight hook that can be easily straightened out. If anyone has any questions about the boat, I'm more than happy to discuss what I have found. The transom was plywood in excellent condition. All in all, these were very well designed and built boats.

A little tid bit of information. I work with a boat builder from New Zealand. He told me that Jesse James was bought and shipped to New Zealand back when. He also said no one beat that boat for 15 years. The had to design a new cat to beat it. That tells you something about these Chris Cats
Old 06-05-2018, 09:43 PM
Registered

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/...593490970.html

Free hull - trailer is $2000 firm
Old 08-14-2018, 10:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Worked an hour tonight in the cabin and found some writing!
on may 29 th 1985 final rigging was done by ralph wofford and james seymour!
Anyone know them?
Old 09-29-2018, 08:44 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Started to work on the hull and deck '' bonding'' with a air die grinder, simply by cutting between 1 and 2 inches strip. It peels quite easy with a small screwdriver and little hammer... so engine compartment is done with back seat, and stbd side cockpit and cabin entry... beside the dust, not too hard to do!

Quick Reply: Any Chris Cat Project Boat For Sale / Trade ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.