An LT-1 222 Stinger!?!???

Notices

An LT-1 222 Stinger!?!???

Old 02-01-2007, 01:36 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 949 Likes on 478 Posts
Default An LT-1 222 Stinger!?!???

YUP! i just got a smoking deal on an LT1 engine and will be shoehorning it into the stinger! woohoo!
And this just seald the name for my boat......with the dash work and this engine i will be calling it "One of a kind" and have a poker hand of all different cards not worth anything....sort of a duel meaning kinnd of thing
Attached Thumbnails An LT-1 222 Stinger!?!???-lt1-001.jpg  

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 02-01-2007, 02:32 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: An LT-1 222 Stinger!?!???

Sounds sweet! Any pics of the mods? Hope that engine fits, cause I know it's real tight between the longitudinal bulkheads for the exhaust manifolds. If I were rich, I wouldn't have sold mine!
Old 02-01-2007, 02:50 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

WAYNOFZR...if you go here...you can see what my dash looks like now. I re-designed it to fit monster gauges. UNfortunatly when OSO did a system upgrade not too long ago i deleted more then a few pics and the ones showing how i got to this point were part of that group. but i can post more if anyone wants.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=93901

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 02-01-2007, 10:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1,234 Likes on 688 Posts

Wally... how's your dash project coming along?

The LT1 is going to be definitely "One of a Kind!!"
Old 02-01-2007, 10:37 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

You should have not a prob with fitting that into the 222 ,peeps wedge big blocks into 202 stingers.. Keep us up to date on the progress. I will have pic's for you all when we put the lil small block in my 202..

Good luck

JOHN
Old 02-04-2007, 10:21 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

I also had a 202. It doesn't have the bulkheads and is wide open. Anything would fit. No so with much tighter 222. In the 222, there are two removal bulkheads on either side of the engine with like 1 inch of clearance on each side. The bulkheads are removable so maintenace can be done, however, those same bulkheads are also the supports for the multi piece sunpad that changes into the rear jump seats. You'd have to be pretty inventive to move them and not have to redo the sunpad. It's easy enough to just measure and see if the LT1 might be a problem.
Old 02-04-2007, 10:44 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WAYNOFZR
In the 222, there are two removal bulkheads on either side of the engine with like 1 inch of clearance on each side. The bulkheads are removable so maintenace can be done, however, those same bulkheads are also the supports for the multi piece sunpad that changes into the rear jump seats. You'd have to be pretty inventive to move them and not have to redo the sunpad.
On my 240 Empress I had the same arrangement. When I took out the smallblock and "Shoehorned" in the 502 I bought a piece of 1/4" aluminum sheet the same size as the sunpad and screwed all three pieces of the sunpad to it and was able to remove the supports. I also had to screw two pieces of 3/4" aluminum angle across for extra support just in front and behind the flame arrestor. No problem walking on it or anything.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:38 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Yes you could do something like that, but then you only have a 3 passenger boat if you don't have the jump seats. That was the whole reason I originally moved up from a 202 to a 222, to have room for two more. Is that 2 many 2's???? j/k
Old 02-06-2007, 09:18 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

I personally think the rear jumpers are one of the coolest things about the 222.......i was actually thinking of replaceing the sidewalls with some 3/4" clear polycarbonate so the people sitting back there could actually see the engine working.....but then i though if i was sitting back there the last thing i want is to be sitting so close to and engine let alone be able to see it spining at 5000rpms!

Old 05-08-2007, 01:09 PM
Registered

Default 222 Stinger Wind deflector/Windshield

Can anyone tell me where I might find a replacement wind deflector/Windshield for my 222 Stinger??/

Ted

Quick Reply: An LT-1 222 Stinger!?!???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.