Updates on the *****en 202, can we make the 100mph mark >

Updates on the *****en 202, can we make the 100mph mark

Like Tree11Likes

Old 05-10-2010, 10:15 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Have bought a few cosmetic things for the old girl. First is a set of flush mount pop up cleats, in addition to a pop up light. Also a new kicker, kenwood, infinity stereo is going to be going in soon.. Also on the way is a set of new livorsi gauges..As of now the floors are out of the boat, to do some much needed repair.. Hope to have them buttoned up in the next few weeks. My dad and myself have a need for speed, so the hull needs to be solid.. Having the new seats we built going out to be covered, real soon.. So now for the go fast stuff.. As of now the boat has a injected small block in it, along with emi thunder exhaust, ASM tune, spinning a 30 B1 prop by a alpha 1 1.83 ratio. The boat runs a sold 78 mph on gps on any giving day, some times go better, still will get the rev box..It is a handfull to drive now, but hopefully the tabs, will mellow it out some, along with the external steering(to reduce the drive flop) Our plans for the boat is to make the 100mph mark.. As of 2 weeks ago we bought imco external steering, put a IMCO extension box on the boat, along with that we might switch to a bravo, for the extra power the procharger will be making Hope to have a solid 530 hp set up.. But i think we will see how well the alpha holds up on this hp setup, being in such a light boat( if you drive it right) Also have a set of 280 k plans that will make its way on there.. If all goes well I think honestly we will be knocking on the door for a 100mph blast.. I am not sure what the fastest 202 stinger is out there, but am hoping if we can make it in the 90's with it that it will be the top 202 stinger.. I will keep the thread updated as I get the boat together, hope to have it in the water by mid june.. Sorry for the rant, just excited, bored tonight

PS the *********en in the title is [email protected] not F^&Kn

John jr

Last edited by Fenderjack; 05-15-2010 at 07:20 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:38 PM
Registered

Hey there fenderjack
I thought i was a crazyman, you are totally nuts, but you sound like you are really stoked on your build, keep me posted, i havent had a chance to post my build yet, but my big block build should be a blast also, i will try to get some pics this weekend!
Be careful you dont peal that boat like a banana
John Russell
Old 05-12-2010, 05:50 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Originally Posted by EASY WAKE View Post
Hey there fenderjack
I thought i was a crazyman, you are totally nuts, but you sound like you are really stoked on your build, keep me posted, i havent had a chance to post my build yet, but my big block build should be a blast also, i will try to get some pics this weekend!
Be careful you dont peal that boat like a banana
John Russell
I'm not sure if I am crazy, just want to see if the boat has it in it.. At the 80mph mark the boat is actually pretty stable, just have to get through the chine walking, which I am pretty sure no external steering, no tabs is playing a big part in that(drive flop) As far as peeling the boat, I hope not, the floor towards the back and the new stuff I redid a few years back, has extra matting on the floor, the stuff I am doing now will get 2-3 extra mats along the hull.. Just hope the glass holds up on the bottom LOL.. I think it will be fine.. I mean were only talking 20 more mph

John jr
Old 05-13-2010, 08:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fenderjack View Post
I'm not sure if I am crazy, just want to see if the boat has it in it.. At the 80mph mark the boat is actually pretty stable, just have to get through the chine walking, which I am pretty sure no external steering, no tabs is playing a big part in that(drive flop) As far as peeling the boat, I hope not, the floor towards the back and the new stuff I redid a few years back, has extra matting on the floor, the stuff I am doing now will get 2-3 extra mats along the hull.. Just hope the glass holds up on the bottom LOL.. I think it will be fine.. I mean were only talking 20 more mph

John jr
As you may know water at those speeds acts just like a water jet cutter so any crazes or cracks could create high presure water cutting like streams between the laminate and gelcoat, I suggest hit your 100mph mark quickly get out of it and check the boat for any signs of stress or peal, Another as you may know, you can stack all the laminate on the back side you want, its the laminate between the gelcoat and the skin coat that you need to be worried about, a pin hole can cause some very serious problems with another 20 mph, not trying to scare ya just food for thought.
JR
Old 05-13-2010, 03:47 PM
HDS
Registered

Hey we have a stinger 202 and we went 350cui,top speed 72mph and no chine walking 2008 and omc 1:5. now we have built a 780hp 604 alu,cui
hydralstyrning, bravo 1:36 IMCO 2 " and hope to brake 100 mph we are from sweden. God luck
Old 05-13-2010, 05:18 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Originally Posted by HDS View Post
Hey we have a stinger 202 and we went 350cui,top speed 72mph and no chine walking 2008 and omc 1:5. now we have built a 780hp 604 alu,cui
hydralstyrning, bravo 1:36 IMCO 2 " and hope to brake 100 mph we are from sweden. God luck
Man, that sounds like a nice ride, post some pics up of it.. You should def be in the 100's wit that kinda power

EASY

I know exactly what your saying. there is one small issue that needs to be addressed but it is more mid to front point in the boat.. As far as where the boat will be riding at( on the hull) at those speeds, the bottom looks, feels great..

This is from about 2 years ago, was just a bit under propped( hear the rev limiter) 77 on that pass, since has more prop, still can tickle the box... As you can see it is only on about a foot of the bottom.. Im thinking with the 280 k's and the exstension box, it will just about ridding on them.. The bottom will def get a look over...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_wyvOUqrn0

Johnjr
Old 05-13-2010, 05:37 PM
HDS
Registered

Well, I just dont knew howe to get in the photos. Dyno Power
hear and enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyjLcRUusHE
HDS411
Old 05-14-2010, 09:16 AM
Registered

Hey Fenderjack
Well we will be out on Torch Lake this weekend, hoping to dial in a few things, i will let you know monday how its turns out, Great to here your bottom feels tough, well see what speeds we get this weekend depending on water conditions.
Have a great weekend everyone.
John Russell
Old 05-14-2010, 02:48 PM
Registered

Default Stinger 222

Well im starting on my 222 stinger restoration....Does any body know what good paint to use on a boat... Like All grip... the name of it
Old 05-15-2010, 06:03 PM
HDS
Registered

start up movie :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs-uWCoWqZA

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser