Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Cigarette (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/cigarette-32/)
-   -   TS Playboy?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/cigarette/118902-ts-playboy.html)

Tazz 12-21-2005 08:17 PM

TS Playboy??

I've been looking for a TS Top Gun for a little while now but in my search have seen a few Playboys. Whats the Cig experts opinion of them? The boats look identical, from what i can see, It looks like there's only 2 1/2 ft difference. The boat would be lake used so the smaller boat may even be better for my needs. Any input ?

I've also considered Gladiators, i think they're cool as hell, but i have a 3yr old boy who loves playing in the cabin, and i kinda like the versatility of bolster seats.

Andy0331 12-21-2005 08:34 PM

Re: TS Playboy??

I haven't had a chance to use mine yet, but it seems that the general consensus is they're good to go. From what I've heard a T/S Top Gun has a little bit more on the top end (1-2 mph), but the Playboy has better acceleration.

Weather/work permitting, I'll have mine out tomorrow.

dreamer 12-21-2005 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Andy0331
I haven't had a chance to use mine yet, but it seems that the general consensus is they're good to go. From what I've heard a T/S Top Gun has a little bit more on the top end (1-2 mph), but the Playboy has better acceleration.

one diff is a playboy has no notch... guns do

top end no way 500 efi t/s gun running 83-84? idont think so ... w/ the 525s allday

only 12 made in a 2 1/2year run 2000-2002

4 or 5 2003 mstresses were built after the playboy agreement ended

mine is for sale!! check oso classifieds

ted 216 978 6607

H20 Toie 12-21-2005 09:40 PM

I have a 02 TS Playboy that i have run at Lake Mojave/Havasu as well as the ocean and it does just fine up against the Top Guns, there are a lot more Guns out there and it would probably be easier to sell a Gun than a Playboy. Mine tows great (Myco trailer) The cockpit and engine compartment are the same. the only difference i have noticed is in the real rough stuff mine seems to land flat as opposed to the Guns landing on the stern first but that could be becuase of how i am trimming the boat.

H20 Toie 12-21-2005 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Andy0331

i have always been slower on top end but i the 500efi's compared to 750's or bigger that everyone else has :(

thisistank 12-22-2005 12:34 PM

Dan's boat (ht0 toie) is awesome. Handles the rough killer too!

Sean H 12-22-2005 02:14 PM

3 Attachment(s)
freedom us1 other offshore boat is a 35 cig.... seems to do fine... :D

Stormrider 12-22-2005 02:35 PM

Sean, nice pics, but i hope thats not in the 5mph zone in the intercoastal. :eek:

Sean H 12-22-2005 03:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Stormrider
Sean, nice pics, but i hope thats not in the 5mph zone in the intercoastal. :eek:

i don't think it is.... :D :drink:

his wife crews it sometimes as well... :D

BLee 12-22-2005 03:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Stormrider

it's coming out of port on an FPC fun run, Mom. :rolleyes: :D