Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Cigarette (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/cigarette-32/)
-   -   How do you work the toilet? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/cigarette/124565-how-do-you-work-toilet.html)

Clay Washington 03-10-2006 08:16 PM

How do you work the toilet?

OK... I'm a newbee... :p

In the head are two buttons. The top one flushes the toilet (I think) and the bottom one works the macerator pump.

The "Y" valve on the macerator pump appears to be set to "pump" water into the holding tank. The input valve is open and the output valve is closed (I think).

Assuming that the holding tank is either empty or has a small amount of "winterizing" fluid... What do I do?

Do I need to pump lake water into holding tank? If so, how much?

Should I see water in the toilet when I "flush" it?

Help out a fellow Cigarette owner, please! :rolleyes:

H20 Toie 03-10-2006 08:31 PM

Re: Do do you work the toilet?

I have never had an issue with mine. oh yea thats becuase i never use it. that way i don't have to worry about getting it clean or smelling. :D

OldSchool 03-10-2006 08:34 PM

The top button pumps water into the toilet from the lake. The bottom button flushes the toilet into either the holding tanks or overboard, depending how the Y-valve is set.

**disclaimer**
I would never, nor have I ever flushed any boat toilet into anything other the holding tank.******

:D :D

PS- Unless the holding tank has been replaced in that boat, I'd be willing to bet $50 that the tank is rotted out and anything that you flush will end up in the bilge. They all do it. If that is the case, your in luck!!!! Do a search on "Bullet Head ReDo" :cool:

Clay Washington 03-10-2006 09:16 PM

Re: How do you work the toilet?

thanks Craig :cool:

Roger 1 03-10-2006 09:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by OldSchool
The top button pumps water into the toilet from the lake. The bottom button flushes the toilet into either the holding tanks or overboard, depending how the Y-valve is set.

**disclaimer**
I would never, nor have I ever flushed any boat toilet into anything other the holding tank.******

PS- Unless the holding tank has been replaced in that boat, I'd be willing to bet $50 that the tank is rotted out and anything that you flush will end up in the bilge. They all do it. If that is the case, your in luck!!!! Do a search on "Bullet Head ReDo" :cool:

Yep!

Roger 1 03-10-2006 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by OldSchool

**disclaimer**

And remember, no matter what. NEVER, NEVER, PUSH THE THIRD BUTTON!!!!!! :eek:

dukenrock 03-10-2006 09:42 PM

That's just not right!!! :eek:

cig1988 03-11-2006 04:37 AM

Craig is 100% correct on the tank. If you happen to replace the tank it's very simple to do. To prolong the life of the new tank you need to mount them on rubber grommets -vs- the rigid mount from the factory. It will help absorb the shock and it won't rest directly to the mounting pad. Keep in mind the tank does not have a large capacity.

birdog 03-11-2006 06:17 AM

I never used mine & I sent the directions with the boat when I sold it..But..
I remember something about pushing both buttons together ??

offshoredrillin 03-11-2006 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by cig1988
Craig is 100% correct on the tank. If you happen to replace the tank it's very simple to do. To prolong the life of the new tank you need to mount them on rubber grommets -vs- the rigid mount from the factory. It will help absorb the shock and it won't rest directly to the mounting pad. Keep in mind the tank does not have a large capacity.

bet thats a crappy job...some one had to say it...So that means the claymates can't be loading up on burritos and stuff and filling the tank.:D