Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Cigarette (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/cigarette-32/)
-   -   OK, whens the lip ship poker run (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/cigarette/136286-ok-whens-lip-ship-poker-run.html)

Wild 07-27-2006 09:23 PM

OK, whens the lip ship poker run

Since it seems alot of new lip ship purchasers are out there.

When are we all going to meet up at phils with our Lip Ship Editions and rip up some ocean for the first ever Lip Ship reunion

Any suggestions

Wild

lucky strike 07-27-2006 10:34 PM

Re: OK, whens the lip ship poker run

Sounds good !

pm203 07-27-2006 10:50 PM

Phil used to do a nice Lip-Ship run to the keys.

thisistank 07-27-2006 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by pm203

I'm in....However, I'll need a ride :drink: :drink:

terryandalexa 07-28-2006 06:38 AM

Let's go! ... hey, I can say that now!

signed,

STOKED! :D

BLee 07-28-2006 10:05 AM

Yeah he used to do a NICE run. :cool:

lucky strike 07-28-2006 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by thisistank
I'm in....However, I'll need a ride :drink: :drink:

You got it ! :drink: :drink: :drink:

thisistank 07-28-2006 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by lucky strike
You got it ! :drink: :drink: :drink:

Lovin you!! :cool: :cool:

HUSTLEthis 07-28-2006 03:27 PM

Starting to sound like a little Broke-Ship run to me Tank.... :p

thisistank 07-30-2006 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by HUSTLEthis
Starting to sound like a little Broke-Ship run to me Tank.... :p

Hey, I'm secure in my man-hood. However, you jumped to conclusions.....Do you want to come out and tell everyone something on OSO Tom? :p

Joe 08-04-2006 01:17 PM

Well, Phil......... How about somewhere around the Laud/Miami Boat show (obviously not too close to Stu's).

Joe

thedonz 08-04-2006 04:40 PM

And yall can all go out Haulover at the same time :D :D :D

mike

Joe 08-04-2006 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by thedonz

mike

....I'd say, "right behind you" ------ but, I now know you'd do it. Just wait til you get to our old ripe age and the bullet proof jacket you wear begins to weaken! :D

thedonz 08-04-2006 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Joe
....I'd say, "right behind you" ------ but, I now know you'd do it. Just wait til you get to our old ripe age and the bullet proof jacket you wear begins to weaken! :D

nope that won't happen it runns in my blood :D remember what my old man told you when you said " one of these days i have to have a talk with you about your son " :D

mike

Joe 08-04-2006 05:24 PM

True --- A close second would be from my wife when I was on the phone w/ her after we arrived in Islamorada (also in the dark) and she asked how the run was (after telling her during our previous conversation about the big water we went thru exiting Hallover --- 10+ footers). I told her we were in 2-4's running 75 MPH+ most of the way ----- and she replies "Well, that must have been kind of boring for yau'll." :D -------- I think she knows us too too well! :eek: :eek:

thisistank 08-04-2006 06:08 PM

I talked to Phil about this a while back and he seemed to think it was too much a pain in the azz! :D

I think if we pressure him, he'll succumb!

thedonz 08-04-2006 09:32 PM

if yall our really up for it and a lot of boat ( lip-ships) are willing to come id be more then happy to organize it..

mike

Wild 08-05-2006 08:23 AM

How is the weekend of Dec 16th for everyone, you can either get in thursday or friday and leave on late sunday or monday morning

Thursday night for the partiiers and go to Automatic Slims,
Friday Get boats ready and do lunch down at Montys, Friday night spot TBD
Sat Lip Ship run to some where, either Keys or Bahamas TBD and spend the night. Sat night LIP SHIP PARTY at hotel bar or wherever we end up racing to
Sunday come back swing by shooters then head back to phils and plan to do it again in 07

What do you think, thats my quick thought, please give me your thoughts

Wild

thedonz 08-05-2006 02:29 PM

Thursday night =automatic slims poker run pre- party.......
Fri AM = meet up at Lip ship for meeting and so on and take off ( ofcourse exit out by Haulover cut )....stop at gilberts for lunch and then run it down to holiday isle ( as this isthe last yr of the tikki bar according to the staff over there as of jan 07)
Sat we all head out to the holiday isle sand bar :drink: :drink:
Sat night poker run party at the holiday isle
Sun AM take off late AM and head out to shooters........what do yall think

mike

Wild 08-05-2006 03:05 PM

some people may not be able to come in until friday, but that schedule works great for me. Good call Mike, see ya in few weeks bro

Wild

thedonz 08-05-2006 03:21 PM

i think it would be great like a couple of weeks after the KW poker run....MOST of yall leave your boats down here anyways after the KW poker run..let me know and i'll go talk to Phil this week..let me know

mike

Joe 08-07-2006 10:45 AM

mike

LOL.... That was funny!

I bet the folks in our office think I have an even better time at work than I do..... I can almost hear what they're thinking as they walk by my office ----- "Boy, that Joe surrrrre does have a good time at work". :D

Joe 08-07-2006 10:49 AM

if yall our really up for it and a lot of boat ( lip-ships) are willing to come id be more then happy to organize it..

mike

Nooooooooooooooooo thank you! We'd all be in the Gulf Stream jumping 20'ers. I'll pass!

But, as a counter suggestion ------ why don't we outsource a person/company that can organize the run. That way Phil can have a "low stress" trip and enjoy seeing all of his boats on the water ------ because we've seen what Phil can do when he gets mad........ Just ask Gino! :eek: :eek: haha, Phil --- just kidding! But, I am serious about the suggestion. We could easily pay for something like that via our entry fees.

Joe 08-07-2006 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Wild
How is the weekend of Dec 16th for everyone, you can either get in thursday or friday and leave on late sunday or monday morning

Thursday night for the partiiers and go to Automatic Slims,
Friday Get boats ready and do lunch down at Montys, Friday night spot TBD
Sat Lip Ship run to some where, either Keys or Bahamas TBD and spend the night. Sat night LIP SHIP PARTY at hotel bar or wherever we end up racing to
Sunday come back swing by shooters then head back to phils and plan to do it again in 07

What do you think, thats my quick thought, please give me your thoughts

Wild

Everything sounds good except the date. We have company parties, holidays, and not to mention just getting back from the KW Worlds and Thanksgiving.... Too much going on in Dec. for me to make it.

I'd push for sometime between Feb. - April; preferring late Feb., early March. But, obviously, I will be VERY flexible, as there's no way in he!l, I'm missing a Lip-Ship run!!!!!!!

Joe

thedonz 08-07-2006 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Joe
Nooooooooooooooooo thank you! We'd all be in the Gulf Stream jumping 20'ers. I'll pass!

But, as a counter suggestion ------ why don't we outsource a person/company that can organize the run.

that's not kool i thought you had a good time :D...if yall are planning on getting a person/company....then i'm that PERSON :evilb: ....in all serious note i'm willing to do this ...if yall were to shoot me some dates to choose from......and if it makes everyone one happy we'll run by the inside....NO haulover

mike

Joe 08-07-2006 01:17 PM

that's not kool i thought you had a good time :D...if yall are planning on getting a person/company....then i'm that PERSON :evilb: ....in all serious note i'm willing to do this ...if yall were to shoot me some dates to choose from......and if it makes everyone one happy we'll run by the inside....NO haulover

mike

Here's my .02 cents ------- Call Phil, get his buy-in (and check his availability), then create a thread w/ a poll to see who can commit and on what date(s). Then, afterwards, create a website called MApowerboat.com and book Cigarette poker runs across the country. I'd beat working while you're in college!!!! Remember, you pop is retiring the Cig., he says ---- so, there's your perfect poker run boat!!!!!!

I was serious about the first part --- and obviously joking about the MApowerboat.com part and what followed!

Make it happen!

thedonz 08-07-2006 01:43 PM

:D

mike

Wild 08-07-2006 01:55 PM

Second weekend in Jan

thedonz 08-07-2006 04:43 PM

k i'll go talk to Phil sometime this week to see what's a good date for him and to see if he approves us doing this..

mike

thisistank 08-07-2006 06:44 PM

Second weekend in Jan

Can we push it into first of Feb???

Wild 08-08-2006 06:55 AM

Feb 14th weekend is Ft Lauderdale boat show, Phil is burried by then

Wild

Joe 08-08-2006 11:34 AM

Here's an idea..... Someone call Stu and see if he'll coordinate a Lip-Ship (only) Poker Run.

Wild 08-08-2006 11:37 AM

I just emailed Stu

Wild

Joe 08-08-2006 12:15 PM

I just emailed Stu

Wild

I think that is the answer.... But, one more thing ---- we:

1) need to tell Phil that he has no option but to attend, and

2) need to put together (confidentially) some type of recognition to give to Phil for the excellence that he's brought to the industry and Cigarette.

Someone's got to run some type of company that can get that done. Then, each of us participating can get our names (and possibly boat photo's) put on it and send the money to an OSO/FLpowerboat etc.... account to cover the expense. It would blow Phil's mind.

thedonz 08-08-2006 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Joe
Here's an idea..... Someone call Stu and see if he'll coordinate a Lip-Ship (only) Poker Run.

you really don't want me to organize it huh

mike

Joe 08-08-2006 01:09 PM

you really don't want me to organize it huh

mike

Bro --- (if you're being serious), you're reading waaaaay too much into this. My thinking is simple ----- If you organize it you won't be able to enjoy the run (have you ever seen Stu during a run --- he's a bit tense...... Heck, do you remember what he used to look like before he starting doing poker runs --- he's aged!! haha, Stu ---- just kidding).

If you really want to hook it up, do it... and do it GRAND (just no Haulover Inlet, please! :D haha). As we say here in Texas, "Get'r Done!"

I don't care who does it, but I know it will be one of the coolest events I'll have been on... and we'll be ALL OVER the go-fast magazines!

Not to mention..... Phil deserves something like this!

Wild 08-08-2006 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Joe
I think that is the answer.... But, one more thing ---- we:

1) need to tell Phil that he has no option but to attend, and

2) need to put together (confidentially) some type of recognition to give to Phil for the excellence that he's brought to the industry and Cigarette.

Someone's got to run some type of company that can get that done. Then, each of us participating can get our names (and possibly boat photo's) put on it and send the money to an OSO/FLpowerboat etc.... account to cover the expense. It would blow Phil's mind.

What to get the man that has everything :cool: :cool:

Phil does read this, so he now knows :D :D Way to give it away Joe :drink: :drink:

thisistank 08-08-2006 05:12 PM

keep Stu and FPC out of it. Trust me.

Joe 08-08-2006 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by thisistank
keep Stu and FPC out of it. Trust me.

"The Donz Jr." says he's going to put it all together. I'm sure their will be extensive conversations while we're in Destin next week.