Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Cigarette (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/cigarette-32/)
-   -   Anybody know these Gladiators????? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/cigarette/167203-anybody-know-these-gladiators.html)

Outdrive1 08-26-2007 10:54 PM

Anybody know these Gladiators?????

I would really like staggered motors but I haven't found any in my price range. I also really really love OSG's boat (hint, hint) but here's a couple in my range..........

Any history on this boat?

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/8/1/89711781.htm

Or this one?

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o18327-en.html

Pm me if you don't want to say anything in the forum.

masher44 08-26-2007 11:20 PM

Top one is on Grand and it a cool set up, converted race boat and in great shape... P Offshore on the board owns it and the motors are just about new.

chad1 08-26-2007 11:52 PM

i tried to buy the 2 boat less than a year ago...nice boat

Outdrive1 08-26-2007 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by masher44 (Post 2248577)
Top one is on Grand and it a cool set up, converted race boat and in great shape... P Offshore on the board owns it and the motors are just about new.

P Offshore? Cool maybe he'll pm me. My biggest concern with that boat is the motors. He didn't post pics of the interior or the engines.

Jimmy are you close enough to the top one to check it out for me?

Griff 08-27-2007 12:59 AM

The one in the OSO classifieds is jawbreakerkid's old boat. It was in perfect/like new condition when he had it. He sold it the same week I sold my Pantera, in mid April.

Outdrive1 08-27-2007 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 2248617)
The one in the OSO classifieds is jawbreakerkid's old boat. It was in perfect/like new condition when he had it. He sold it the same week I sold my Pantera, in mid April.

You're right and I if I remember correctly wasn't that about what he sold it for?

Wasn't this one recently sold too? This one is a little out of my range but it has everything I would ideally want.

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/3/2/89530132.htm

Griff 08-27-2007 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by BADKACHINA (Post 2248618)
You're right and I if I remember correctly wasn't that about what he sold it for?

I think it's asking price is about the same now as when jbk had it.

thisistank 08-27-2007 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by BADKACHINA (Post 2248598)
P Offshore? Cool maybe he'll pm me. My biggest concern with that boat is the motors. He didn't post pics of the interior or the engines.

Jimmy are you close enough to the top one to check it out for me?

I'm almost possitive Poffshore sold that gladiator to the guy that is selling it now. Poffshore did all the work to it converting it. That is an OUTSTANDING price!

Tom A. 08-27-2007 07:16 AM

Seeing Jawbreakers, if it is still in the same condition as it was when he had it, I would go with that. Unless you have the extra coin, then the 3rd boat (Fountain 40ICBM) boat is flawless and still owned by his family. I just saw it a couple weeks ago in 1000 Islands and that boat still looks new.

Sea-Dated 08-27-2007 09:02 AM

POffshore just bought it back I think. I will be up there this weekend if you want me to take a look at it for you. I have been on this boat and it is in great shape. I do not know much about the machanics though.

Outdrive1 08-27-2007 10:21 AM

Since I'm hearing good things about both of them, I'll probably decide which one I like better and hire a surveyor. I would like more pictures of both and will email both sellers to get them. I also won't make a purchase without a sea trial.

TheGladiator 08-27-2007 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by BADKACHINA (Post 2248975)
Since I'm hearing good things about both of them, I'll probably decide which one I like better and hire a surveyor. I would like more pictures of both and will email both sellers to get them. I also won't make a purchase without a sea trial.

I just sent you a PM regarding my Gladiator.

Todd

OL40SVX 08-27-2007 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by BADKACHINA (Post 2248618)

Wasn't this one recently sold too? This one is a little out of my range but it has everything I would ideally want.

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/3/2/89530132.htm

Thats our boat. If you want anymore info on it pm me. Staggered is the way to go. The boat is still for sale. You cant beat a Gladiator!!

Dan

masher44 08-27-2007 02:42 PM

Brad Smith built the motors and he is building my new one now and has built a bunch for erik. The boat is on E Dock and I have been in it recently. The motors are killer as far as I know. PM Erik P offshore and he is a straight up dude. The boat isnt a "fancy" type glad with all the interior crap but it is a really cool set up and runs in the upper 90s I think.

Outdrive1 08-27-2007 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by TheGladiator (Post 2249276)
I just sent you a PM regarding my Gladiator.

Todd

Cool, I pm'd you back with my email address.

Outdrive1 08-27-2007 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm (Post 2249277)
Thats our boat. If you want anymore info on it pm me. Staggered is the way to go. The boat is still for sale. You cant beat a Gladiator!!

Dan

Your boat is very nice, I would probably prefer it and may wait until I can swing it or until I find another similar to yours in my price range.

Outdrive1 08-27-2007 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by masher44 (Post 2249379)
Brad Smith built the motors and he is building my new one now and has built a bunch for erik. The boat is on E Dock and I have been in it recently. The motors are killer as far as I know. PM Erik P offshore and he is a straight up dude. The boat isnt a "fancy" type glad with all the interior crap but it is a really cool set up and runs in the upper 90s I think.

Does Brad Smith have a shop and what other stuff has he built? I know this one doesn't have any warranty but does he give a warranty on his new stuff?

masher44 08-27-2007 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by BADKACHINA (Post 2250247)
Does Brad Smith have a shop and what other stuff has he built? I know this one doesn't have any warranty but does he give a warranty on his new stuff?

PM him. His oso name is NOBODY. He has built a bunch of stuff for Erik. He can answer your Qs.

PhantomChaos 08-28-2007 12:24 AM

Nice lake boats........ :D

TheGladiator 08-28-2007 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by BADKACHINA (Post 2250241)
Cool, I pm'd you back with my email address.

I just sent you some pics.

tonybesh 08-28-2007 10:44 AM

Hey guys, I have the 02 Glad for sell in the classifieds with the Vortec's. I bought the boat from Chad (jawbreakerkid) and it has been the best boat i have ever owned. I just ordered a new boat so thats why this one is for sale. For the money there is nothing even close. I looked at the staggered glads to but there just to tight in the cockpits for me.

Croozin2 08-28-2007 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Tom A. (Post 2248712)
Seeing Jawbreakers, if it is still in the same condition as it was when he had it, I would go with that. Unless you have the extra coin, then the 3rd boat (Fountain 40ICBM) boat is flawless and still owned by his family. I just saw it a couple weeks ago in 1000 Islands and that boat still looks new.

BK, I'm with Tom on this. Chad's boat was spotless when Tony bought it. I saw it down here in Louisiana for our PR in early May and then again in Destin 2 weekends ago. Didn't get a chance to get up close to it but it still appears to be in awesome shape. I was looking at it prior to buying Wild's boat but the boss said "no cabin, no go". You know the rest, "wife happy, life happy".:D Good luck shopping. It really is the most fun part of the deal!

Outdrive1 08-28-2007 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Croozin2 (Post 2251098)
BK, I'm with Tom on this. Chad's boat was spotless when Tony bought it. I saw it down here in Louisiana for our PR in early May and then again in Destin 2 weekends ago. Didn't get a chance to get up close to it but it still appears to be in awesome shape. I was looking at it prior to buying Wild's boat but the boss said "no cabin, no go". You know the rest, "wife happy, life happy".:D Good luck shopping. It really is the most fun part of the deal!

I think either of the boats I found sound like they will both be very nice pieces. I need to see them for myself, hopefully in the next few weeks. I've been really busy the last few weeks but should have some time in Sep. Tonybesh I see your in Texas, and so is the other boat. Maybe I can make a weekend where I can see both. Maybe the middle of Sep? I'll bring my truck.

tonybesh 08-29-2007 05:21 PM

Thats sounds good to me call me if you get a chance even if you dont buy my boat I can help you in your search. It took me 8 months and 6 boats before I bought this one.

Tony Besharse 972-658-6944

jawbreakerkid 08-29-2007 05:26 PM

Hey guys, I know I might be a bit biased here, but if you are interested, you should really take a look at Tony's boat. For the money, you will not find a boat that is in better condition and runs as strong as this one. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Tony had is rollin' in the 107mph range. Tell me, where there is a boat in great condition, awesome paint with a turn-key engine/drive combo for this kind of price!

Good luck w/ the sale Tony.

Chad

In2Deep 08-29-2007 06:17 PM

How do these gladiators handle the LOTO rough stuff?

kewler 08-29-2007 06:39 PM

i'am looking at a pair of vortech's I like that they do not make a lot of boost at cruse because they are easyer on drives but I have heard of problems with injectors and then you loose a motor any please

Steve_H 08-29-2007 06:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by jawbreakerkid (Post 2253059)
Hey guys, I know I might be a bit biased here, but if you are interested, you should really take a look at Tony's boat. For the money, you will not find a boat that is in better condition and runs as strong as this one. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Tony had is rollin' in the 107mph range. Tell me, where there is a boat in great condition, awesome paint with a turn-key engine/drive combo for this kind of price!

Good luck w/ the sale Tony.

Chad

easy choice if i was ready:cool-smiley-011:

johnnywhip 08-29-2007 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by masher44 (Post 2249379)

I thought over 100 for sure..ask poffshore/eric...his boat is the best looking set up for a boat that size! If you have not seen the detail..do not buy untill you see that boat! whip