Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Cigarette (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/cigarette-32/)
-   -   Omerta one - how was the test drive last wed (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/cigarette/167758-omerta-one-how-test-drive-last-wed.html)

Wild 09-02-2007 01:47 PM

Omerta one - how was the test drive last wed

well, we want details my friend.

and pics

Wild

LostCowboy 09-03-2007 06:54 PM

O-one must be speechless!

Good to meet you at LOTO Randy, thanks for coming over and saying hello. Good luck with your new ride; very, very nice.

omerta one 09-04-2007 10:11 AM

Sea Trial

Before I get into any details I have a few people to thank:

1. To all of you who responded to the "which new Cig" question. The 39/700 boat is incredible.

2. Randy and PM203 for pointing me in Phil's direction.

3. Harold at Grafikworx for the many schemes he generated and the unbelievable paint on the boat.

4. To Neil and all the rest at Cig...you guys build an awesome boat.

4. To Tim at Cigarette...on the difference between a Cig and a Donzi "I get it now...boy do I get it".

5. And last but certainley not least Phil, Vanessa and all the Lip-Ship boys for keeping me pointed and making it easy. The result is stunning to say the least.

As I stood on my dock Saturday after rinsing her off it finally hit me. It's not about the speed or the incredible ride and it certainley isn't about showing off an new ride...it's really all about the pride of ownership. The whole experience coupled with the end result is truly priceless. I truly wish you all have an opportunity to experience the feeling...indescribable.

Now for the good stuff...she ran 104'ish right out of the box. 1/2 tank of fuel, Philly and I on a steamy hot day. Phil asks me if I want to go out...hell yea, so out Haulover we go...he's running 65-75 in 4-5 footers...what a ride; man that guy can drive; turns the boat around and here comes some big Apache (Broken Arrow, 47', big trip power?); Phil looks at me and says "you picked a good fight", so we come along side, he hammers it, Phils hammers it...she spools up and we're gone. Turn back around and Phil says "I guess he doesn't want to play any more". We were both grinning from ear to ear. That was Wednesday, the boat arrived at LOTO Friday afternoon. (Thanks to Phil for working is butt off to get her wrapped up tight and shipped). First 20 minutes some guy in a mid 30's Baja wants to run, he got it pegged, it's loud and he's running about 75, I ease along side, scrunched down like I'm trying to cheat the wind, look over then hammer it, she spools up and what seemed like 2 seconds later I'm doing about 95 and no more Baja...that mid-range acceleration is sooo strong. I ran her Saturday with the wife and boys on board, we ran all over at 55-65 in the really rough stuff and even the wife was stunned at the ride quality while the boys were high fiving in the back.

Now all I have to do is learn how to handle this beast...WOW! (If I could only drive half as good as Phil I'd truly be blessed).

omerta one 09-04-2007 10:18 AM

Pic's

3 Attachment(s)
A few pic's:

Tom A. 09-04-2007 10:19 AM

Congrats!:circle:
Let's see some pics!
:worthless_without_p

Tom A. 09-04-2007 10:20 AM

WoW
You are quick!
You beat me with the pics!

ME=:hitfan:

BOAT LOOKS AWESOME!

omerta one 09-04-2007 10:22 AM

Take a close look at the lower pic. Let's see if one of you guru's can tell me who's in and what the white boat is.

Croozin2 09-04-2007 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by omerta one (Post 2258225)
(If I could only drive half as good as Phil I'd truly be blessed).

Ditto! The dude can flat handle a Cig!

Beautiful rig Double-O! And you're right - it is about the pride of ownership!

OldSchool 09-04-2007 11:08 AM

Beautiful boat. Congrats!!!!!!:cool-smiley-011:

sellsman11 09-04-2007 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by omerta one (Post 2258239)
Take a close look at the lower pic. Let's see if one of you guru's can tell me who's in and what the white boat is.

Looks like JT in the all white boat. My best guess is that it is an "EGGBEATER"!! :rolleyes: :drink:

Beautiful 39!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: cool: