Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Cigarette (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/cigarette-32/)
-   -   New 49’ Grand Sport (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/cigarette/171651-new-49%92-grand-sport.html)

Sydwayz 10-26-2007 01:14 PM

:worthless_without_p

Top Banana 10-26-2007 01:21 PM

3 Attachment(s)
The dimensions sound bigger than they look. It doesn't appear to have the Magnum presence.

To me it appears as a stretched 36 ....which was also 10 feet wide, with a Bertram race deck design. The front of the deck canters over the like the old Bertram 38's did.

As usual, it is a Cigarette and very well done and a nice selection of colors for the first one.

Jassman 10-26-2007 01:27 PM

The boat should have a pair of diesels in it, not 700's, just my .02

Wild 10-26-2007 01:29 PM

Wow :(

thisistank 10-26-2007 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Stormrider (Post 2318358)
tank, i understand brand loyalty, but if i were an intelligent person, and had a 39TG and wanted a fishboat, i wouldn't consider the topfish either.
Own a 911 and Gonna tow you're 28cig w/ a cayenne turbo? you could, i guess. but i wouldn't think it wise or $ wise.

I understand where you're coming from. I was only attempting to pass on what I've heard cig is trying to do. Which is, give what it's customers are demanding. Customers wanted a Cig yacht, so they built one. Cig customers wanted a CC again, so they built one. Now Cig customers wanted something inbetween a yacht and a performance boat and here ya go.

Jupiter Sunsation 10-26-2007 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by thisistank (Post 2318415)
I understand where you're coming from. I was only attempting to pass on what I've heard cig is trying to do. Which is, give what it's customers are demanding. Customers wanted a Cig yacht, so they built one. Cig customers wanted a CC again, so they built one. Now Cig customers wanted something inbetween a yacht and a performance boat and here ya go.

Tank that is admiralble but if it dilutes your brand image then it is not a good idea. The thrive on the bad boy go fast image which all of these new boats are not...............

Tom A. 10-26-2007 01:58 PM

I can't tell from those pics but my initial response is that it is kinda nice for a cruiser size Cig. There is a market out there for the fast cruiser and it could fill a void.
I would like to see it with diesels and surface drives!

Stormrider 10-26-2007 02:37 PM

OK, 10ft beam is not magnum competition.
i also don't see 10ft beam as very accomodating for a cabin.
OK... brand dilution, and get compromising performance for a compromised cabin.
I like boats that are purpose built.
got a few purposes??? get a few boats.

PurpleStuff 10-26-2007 03:50 PM

we need more pics so flo people...

1bagger 10-26-2007 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Tom A. (Post 2318423)
I can't tell from those pics but my initial response is that it is kinda nice for a cruiser size Cig. There is a market out there for the fast cruiser and it could fill a void.
I would like to see it with diesels and surface drives!

And a kick ass Rooster Tail .