99 Top Gun Water & Waste holding tanks. >

99 Top Gun Water & Waste holding tanks.

Notices

99 Top Gun Water & Waste holding tanks.

Old 11-10-2007, 08:52 PM
FIERCE ALLEGIANCE
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 Top Gun Water & Waste holding tanks.

Here's the deal... 99 top gun.

I went to fill my water holding tank today with a hose so I could get it all cleaned out and winterized... I was impressed with how much it was holding. Looked into the bilge and the bilge was the only thing filling up with water. So I voided that idea and proceeded to poured some pink antifreeze into my head & flushed it and that too ended up in my bilge.

What am I up against? Water and waste tanks leaking? The bildge was filling up as fast as a hose could pump it...so it's almost like there is a hose off?
Old 11-11-2007, 08:59 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Likely, they almost always rot at the bottom seams at the floor. Real fun job replacing them. Good thing is the OEM mfgr is still in business.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:40 AM
FIERCE ALLEGIANCE
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Von Bongo
Likely, they almost always rot at the bottom seams at the floor. Real fun job replacing them. Good thing is the OEM mfgr is still in business.

Can you get them out and back in without destroying anything? Their both under the cooler in the cabin?
Attached Thumbnails 99 Top Gun Water & Waste holding tanks.-picture-356.jpg  

Last edited by Blue by You; 11-11-2007 at 09:44 AM.
Old 02-18-2008, 03:35 PM
FIERCE ALLEGIANCE
Platinum Member

Can someone either post pics or explain exactly where both the water & the head holding tanks are on a 99 top gun please? I need to replace them both. Also, any suggestion on getting them out or putting new ones in would be much appreciated. Thx!
Old 02-18-2008, 09:30 PM
Registered

Take out the tray in the head and you will see the head holding tank. It is put in place before the head is put in so you can cut it apart and take it out in pieces. but then you will need to see have one made that will fit. the OEM one will not go in or come out that same hole.

Or you can cut the side out of the head and take it out. Can't help you on the fresh water one, never replaced it.

While you have it out might as well rebuild the pump and put in a new macerator and hoses. The OEM company is still in business name is now RDS or something like that, if you search on here you will find it. I replaced on a few years ago and it's not a fun job

Last edited by Von Bongo; 02-18-2008 at 09:34 PM.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:05 AM
FIERCE ALLEGIANCE
Platinum Member

IS this the tray?
Attached Thumbnails 99 Top Gun Water & Waste holding tanks.-100_1341rev.jpg  
Old 02-19-2008, 08:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Von Bongo
Take out the tray in the head and you will see the head holding tank. It is put in place before the head is put in so you can cut it apart and take it out in pieces. but then you will need to see have one made that will fit. the OEM one will not go in or come out that same hole.

Or you can cut the side out of the head and take it out. Can't help you on the fresh water one, never replaced it.

While you have it out might as well rebuild the pump and put in a new macerator and hoses. The OEM company is still in business name is now RDS or something like that, if you search on here you will find it. I replaced on a few years ago and it's not a fun job

Yep..
Attached Thumbnails 99 Top Gun Water & Waste holding tanks.-top-gun-holding-tank-001-large-.jpg   99 Top Gun Water & Waste holding tanks.-top-gun-holding-tank-010-large-.jpg  
Old 02-19-2008, 08:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Blue by You
IS this the tray?

Yes. Prepare yourself for an unpleasant experience.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:58 AM
Registered

the pump and macerater are jabsco. the head is a standard elecric toilet that they took apart and mounted the pump on the floor instead at the base of the bowl.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:10 AM
FIERCE ALLEGIANCE
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Roger 1
Yep..
You had to saw this tank into pieces to get it out? Then size something that will fit back into the same hole? Wouldn't it make sence to cut an access hatch in the side (put in an inspection hatch) Has anyone done this? Any pics of what it looks like.

Also, still need to know where the fresh water holding tank is.

Quick Reply: 99 Top Gun Water & Waste holding tanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.