Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Cigarette (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/cigarette-32/)
-   -   RIP Lipschutz Sister (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/cigarette/187748-rip-lipschutz-sister.html)

cigracing1 05-29-2008 08:29 AM

RIP Lipschutz Sister

I am sure some of you all have heard but i thought i would let everyone know that Philly's sister past away last week. I spoke to Philly Friday and he was having a rough time but i think he's doing better each day. You can read about his sister in the article below. Philly were all thinking about you.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...805270338/1060

Cheryl English taught at series of area schools
Withrow, UC grad trained in Australia, with NASA
BY MIKE MCQUEARY | [email protected]
E-mail | Print | digg us! | del.icio.us! | Click-2-Listen

ANDERSON TOWNSHIP - Cheryl L. English, who spent almost 40 years teaching in Greater Cincinnati, died from a stroke Saturday at University Hospital in Clifton. She was 62.

"She knew when she was 5 years old she wanted to be a kindergarten teacher," her daughter, Christy Soucek, said.

Mrs. English graduated from Withrow High School in 1963. After being consecrated at the Isaac M. Wise Temple when she was 16, she learned Hebrew, and by the time she graduated from the University of Cincinnati in 1967, she was using her linguistic skills to teach Sunday school at the temple.

She met her husband, Richard English, on a blind date shortly after college graduation. After their marriage, they moved to Texas for one year.

"She missed Cincinnati and her family," and the couple returned, her daughter said.

Mrs. English's first teaching job in Cincinnati was in 1968 at Mount Washington Elementary. She also taught at Norwood Elementary before starting the kindergarten program at Bramble Academy in Fairfax. During her nine years at Bramble, she received the school's Distinguished Teacher award. During the 1980s, Mrs. English founded the kindergarten program and taught at St. Mary School in Hyde Park. After five years, she left to teach kindergarten at Eastern Hills School in Mount Washington.

"My mother felt if you stayed in one place, you became stagnant," Soucek said. "You couldn't grow as a teacher."

Mrs. English was selected to attend a program in Australia to learn interactive teaching methods. Upon her return, she taught four years at Quebec Heights in Price Hill, a math and science academy.

"The children always loved her, and the parents loved her. It was like a dream to have her as your teacher," Melody Dacey, Quebec's principal at the time, said.

Mrs. English, a member of the National Science Teachers Association, was invited to attend teacher training held by NASA. Astronauts later visited her class.

Mrs. English returned to Kilgour for five years, then became a literacy coach with Cincinnati Public Schools. Mrs. English became involved with Underground Railroad education and worked with instructors at Northern Kentucky University. She also led teachers on field trips to the Ripley-Maysville area.

Mrs. English was at the Schiel Primary School for Arts Enrichment before retiring from full-time teaching in 2006.

She later worked at Mayerson Academy in Mount Auburn and Fairview-Clifton German Language School and had been hired as a substitute teacher at Covedale Elementary in Price Hill.

"My sister and I think she'll start a school in heaven," Soucek said.

Besides her daughter and husband, both of Anderson Township, survivors include another daughter, Jennifer B. Walker of Anderson; a son, Rick L. English of Anderson; a sister, Lynn Lipschutz of Blue Ash; brothers, Marshall Lipschutz and Milton Lipschutz, both of Anderson, Michael Lipschutz of Clermont County and Phillip Lipschutz of Miami; and five grandchildren.

Visitation will be 5-8 p.m. today at Middendorf Funeral Home in Fort Wright. Services will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Highland Cemetery in Fort Mitchell.

Memorials: Literacy Network of Greater Cincinnati, 19 Broadcast Plaza, Suite 103, 635 W. Seventh St., Cincinnati 45203.

BLee 05-29-2008 09:07 AM

I'm sorry Phil. Chin up brother, everyone's on your team.

dreamer 05-29-2008 09:08 AM

verry sorry to hear

Tom A. 05-29-2008 09:37 AM

My condolences to Phil and their whole family. :(

pm203 05-29-2008 09:53 AM

My condolences as well. Very sorry for your loss.

BOSSMAN 05-29-2008 10:11 AM

Very sorry for your loss.

ciaoderhead 05-29-2008 10:25 AM

Sorry for your loss Phil. You are in our thoughts.

shelby 05-29-2008 11:09 AM

My condolences as well to Phil and his family.

Roger 1 05-29-2008 11:11 AM

My thoughts and prayers are with you Phil.

Roger

omerta one 05-29-2008 11:16 AM

Phil, we are very sorry for your loss; please accept our most sincere condolences.

Tom and Nikki