Bullet question...dead batteries

Notices

Bullet question...dead batteries

Old 10-13-2008, 11:02 AM
www.sunriseuph.com
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bullet question...dead batteries

Hi all, My batteries are dead in my Bullet and of course the hatch won't go up to charge them. I've had the shore power hooked up for quite awhile but guess it's just made to maintain, rather than recharge. Anyway, I've heard that you can hook up 12 power to a couple of connections on the hydraulic pump under the rear seat and the hatch will go up. Does anybody have any idea exactly what connections to use, before I just start trying them all. Thanks.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:11 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

You could also try one of those charges that plug into a cigarette lighter and charge the batteries that way. Or at least get enough juice to them to open the hatch.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:45 PM
Registered

If you put the power on the wrong one you will hear the tabs or drives move. When you find the hatch I think is on the port side under the seat. if it does not go in the right direction reveres the connection.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:51 PM
Registered

Mine is port side and I just used a power pack on mine to do it on saturday morning. I believe i followed the single red wire and put the positve there and connected the negative to the connection right below it.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:46 PM
www.sunriseuph.com
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Brad
If you put the power on the wrong one you will hear the tabs or drives move. When you find the hatch I think is on the port side under the seat. if it does not go in the right direction reveres the connection.
The unit is under the seat on the port side. It appears to have two sets of solenoids. The red wire is on the right side, there is a blue wire on one and a green wire on the other. So are you saying that this unit controls the drives and tabs as well?? Thanks for you input.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:48 PM
www.sunriseuph.com
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Sea-Dated
You could also try one of those charges that plug into a cigarette lighter and charge the batteries that way. Or at least get enough juice to them to open the hatch.
A friend told me that by plugging in the shore power and turning the charger on that it should have enough juice to power the hatch at that point, but mine doesn't and it has been plugged in for quite some time now as I mentioned. Thanks.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:33 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi John
I would try going to one of the battery switches with either another battery and jumper cables or a portable jumper box. The former owner of my Bullet wired in jumper posts to the + and - lead mounted on the fiberglass tunnel between the bulkhead and switches.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by lakeluvr
A friend told me that by plugging in the shore power and turning the charger on that it should have enough juice to power the hatch at that point, but mine doesn't and it has been plugged in for quite some time now as I mentioned. Thanks.
Once you get the batteries replaced, you should check your charger. It may be dead.

Good luck!
Old 10-14-2008, 08:43 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Is the breaker for the charger on? I know, stupid question but I spent 45 minutes once trying to figure out why one engine wouldn't start because someone bumped the breaker for the ignition.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi John,

Do you hear the pump under the seat clicking or trying to open the hatch or is it completely dead silent? If it is clicking it is trying to open and you can manually assist the pump by lifting the hatch by hand. This worked for me in the past.

Evan

Quick Reply: Bullet question...dead batteries

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.