Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Cigarette (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/cigarette-32/)
-   -   38th Airborne (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/cigarette/197596-38th-airborne.html)

MaroonKnighty 10-20-2008 09:39 PM

38th Airborne

I don't post much but have lurked on OSO for a while. Just have a love for boats, especially the old school ones.
What's the skinny on 38th Airborne out of Holland, MI? All I know is it's owned or was owned by Rick VB. It's one of my favorite cigs, I'm surprised with all of the Lake Michigan boaters on this site that this boat is rarely mentioned. I'd love to know the history. I see it all the time in the summer anchored about 1/2 mile north of my summer place in Holland. IMO one of the best looking boats on Lake Michigan.

wstultz 10-20-2008 09:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by MaroonKnighty (Post 2721136)
I don't post much but have lurked on OSO for a while. Just have a love for boats, especially the old school ones.
What's the skinny on 38th Airborne out of Holland, MI? All I know is it's owned or was owned by Rick VB. It's one of my favorite cigs, I'm surprised with all of the Lake Michigan boaters on this site that this boat is rarely mentioned. I'd love to know the history. I see it all the time in the summer anchored about 1/2 mile north of my summer place in Holland. IMO one of the best looking boats on Lake Michigan.

Any pics? Is it this boat?

MaroonKnighty 10-21-2008 06:17 AM

nope, it's white with a red stripe and Hawk.

Biggus 10-21-2008 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by wstultz (Post 2721141)

Nice pics! That's Art and Mike Girard from Portland Maine Airborne Cigarette. They raced that boat for many years. Too bad it's gone to a grave yard in the islands somewhere.

Do you have hi res photos?

Kurt

MaroonKnighty 10-22-2008 02:18 PM

nobody knows anything about this boat?

wstultz 10-22-2008 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Biggus (Post 2721268)
Nice pics! That's Art and Mike Girard from Portland Maine Airborne Cigarette. They raced that boat for many years. Too bad it's gone to a grave yard in the islands somewhere.

Do you have hi res photos?

Kurt

Where has it gone??? I would love to snag that one. Sorry, No high res photos those were scans of some pictures I took at the races in the early 90's in Corpus Christi. Do you have contact with the old owners?

Sorry Maroon for the highjack.

MaroonKnighty 10-22-2008 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by wstultz (Post 2722549)
Where has it gone??? I would love to snag that one. Sorry, No high res photos those were scans of some pictures I took at the races in the early 90's in Corpus Christi. Do you have contact with the old owners?

Sorry Maroon for the highjack.

No problem, my fellow Michiganders must be too busy chopping wood for the winter.

wstultz 10-23-2008 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by MaroonKnighty (Post 2722817)
No problem, my fellow Michiganders must be too busy chopping wood for the winter.

Good luck with that!:drink:

J-Bonz 10-25-2008 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by wstultz (Post 2721141)

Anyone remember the when the picture of "Airborne" was hanging in Sloppy Joes?

Nykamp 10-25-2008 11:26 AM

I did a Pier 33 poker run years ago with Rick in his 38, she is a great looking CIG.