Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Cigarette (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/cigarette-32/)
-   -   Top Gun molds (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/cigarette/198912-top-gun-molds.html)

BAD ENOUGH 11-15-2008 10:22 PM

Top Gun molds

Does anyone know where the 94' era 38' top mold might be? Phil said he didn't think they were at cigarette anymore. Just wondering if they were sitting behind someone's shop. Thanks, travis

thisistank 11-15-2008 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by BAD ENOUGH (Post 2740534)
Does anyone know where the 94' era 38' top mold might be? Phil said he didn't think they were at cigarette anymore. Just wondering if they were sitting behind someone's shop. Thanks, travis

Weird to think they'd get rid of the mold that was their best selling product for well over a decade. But then again, not like they'll ever make one again.

Hows the project coming along? When do we get to see some updated pics?

BAD ENOUGH 11-16-2008 10:27 AM

Not much updated so far. I spent two hours inside last sat. press. washing with steam to clean the good surfaces before we start grinding and glassing. I have the bullet I'm still trying to finish and a buddies scarab. My top gun seems to get pushed back too often. I will def. post new pix as we get something going . Thanks, Travis

offshoredrillin 11-16-2008 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by BAD ENOUGH (Post 2740715)
Not much updated so far. I spent two hours inside last sat. press. washing with steam to clean the good surfaces before we start grinding and glassing. I have the bullet I'm still trying to finish and a buddies scarab. My top gun seems to get pushed back too often. I will def. post new pix as we get something going . Thanks, Travis

hey Travis, check us out on the other site as well, everyone can pm over there, and you also get to see where those parts I bought wind up on the 20..got 2 sets of heads if you know anyone that needs them, they came off of 500efi's..Rob

pm203 11-16-2008 11:11 AM

With all the space Cig has at the factory, it would be hard to believe they got rid of them.

thedonz 11-16-2008 12:05 PM

all those molds have been destroyed. even the 90 mph mold was destroyed. i was told this by a real good cig resoruce. they also told me it would cost them more now to build an old top gun then a new one
jr

pm203 11-16-2008 12:41 PM

Did they make a new mold for the 38 bottom, or are we just talking about the deck?

offshoredrillin 11-16-2008 12:51 PM

also check with joker and pantera..take a look on some of the salvage sites too, you may be able to find one with a hole in the hull but deck still good.

thisistank 11-16-2008 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by thedonz (Post 2740774)
all those molds have been destroyed. even the 90 mph mold was destroyed. i was told this by a real good cig resoruce. they also told me it would cost them more now to build an old top gun then a new one
jr

So what you're really saying is our boats are worth more than a new Cig? I'm pickin' up what you're throwin' down!!:drink::drink:

BDiggity 11-16-2008 03:47 PM

im surprised they werent sold to other builders.