Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Cigarette (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/cigarette-32/)
-   -   whats up at cig? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/cigarette/199438-whats-up-cig.html)

BillR 11-28-2008 11:33 AM

There must be SOMETHING major to have happened for Niel to leave.

JUSTGOLF 11-28-2008 01:12 PM

so what's the deal? does anyone have the story?

ManBayBoatClub 11-28-2008 01:21 PM

Does Tim G still work as a sales manager at Cigarette? Maybe ha could tell us...

dreamer 11-28-2008 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by ManBayBoatClub (Post 2748898)
Who has close contact to the people at cig, someone should talk..

not our business....

Dino 11-28-2008 05:57 PM

Just got back in town. I heard the BAD new about Neil, made a few calls and it true blue....Shippy fired him.

Fordhipo 11-28-2008 06:11 PM

Makes you wonder what's going to happen to the quality of Cigarettes

How long was he there?

Dino 11-28-2008 07:28 PM

I have been buying Cigarettes for about 18 years (Mostly New Cigarettes) The first time I met Neil he was working in the electrical department of Cigarette. He not only mastered the electrical system, he knew Cigs from the inside out, bow to stern, mat to gel coat. He weathered all the FAT CAT owners along the way, worked his way to the top. I met Skip 4 different times, 3 of the 4 he was too drunk to carry on a conversation. The one time we did talk, 5 minutes into the conversation it was obvious that he did't know a LH prop from a RH, let alone how to build boats, he knew how to market. He did what every top CEO does when they are out of their league. Surround yourself with the best people and he did. In my opinion, Neil was CIGARETTE!!! SKIP........ From a relatively successful customer, that has bought and sold over a few million dollars worth of Cigs....I think you just Pucked yourself. As to the future quailty of Cigs, we can only hope, for all our resale values.

ManBayBoatClub 11-28-2008 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Dino (Post 2749151)
Just got back in town. I heard the BAD new about Neil, made a few calls and it true blue....Shippy fired him.

Who's shippy??? And, will Cig have anything new for 2009?

offshoredrillin 11-29-2008 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by Dino (Post 2749201)
I have been buying Cigarettes for about 18 years (Mostly New Cigarettes) The first time I met Neil he was working in the electrical department of Cigarette. He not only mastered the electrical system, he knew Cigs from the inside out, bow to stern, mat to gel coat. He weathered all the FAT CAT owners along the way, worked his way to the top. I met Skip 4 different times, 3 of the 4 he was too drunk to carry on a conversation. The one time we did talk, 5 minutes into the conversation it was obvious that he did't know a LH prop from a RH, let alone how to build boats, he knew how to market. He did what every top CEO does when they are out of their league. Surround yourself with the best people and he did. In my opinion, Neil was CIGARETTE!!! SKIP........ From a relatively successful customer, that has bought and sold over a few million dollars worth of Cigs....I think you just Pucked yourself. As to the future quailty of Cigs, we can only hope, for all our resale values.

good post, i don't think that skip did that great of a job marketing, i think the product sold itself. As I had said to Tim G in an email, it's pretty bad when we as owners cant even get a return call to buy cig parts, I now use Phil exclusively for anything that must be from cig. I also said in the email it was sad that no one can even purchase from a web store when I wanted to purchase apparel, a web store would take a few thousand dollars to set up and generate tons of revenue for them with a no one in the back to fill orders,as well as an online secure billing. I think the value of our boats will stay up because they were made during Neils tenure, they will more than likely be post neil boats that will plummet(read 09). Best of luck with your future neil and thanks for always doing the right thing when it came to our boats and quality.

TheGladiator 11-29-2008 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by ManBayBoatClub (Post 2749290)
Who's shippy??? And, will Cig have anything new for 2009?

I think he meant Skippy... as in Skip!