27 Squadron or Imperial? >

27 Squadron or Imperial?

Notices

27 Squadron or Imperial?

Old 03-22-2018, 05:24 PM
Registered

Received 1,820 Likes on 712 Posts

Way cool.

I remember looking at an Imprrisl and thinking, WTF is this?
Clearly Imperials version of something else.

I remember walking away shaking my head.
Old 07-29-2018, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rampage and Imperial

Rampage and Imperial were the only two companies commissioned to complete the 27ss.. they were all checked for build quality during construction to ensure cigarette quality. That should answer anyone's questions iif theseare worthy! I also have a squadron xii HIN# ASLPW006..88 I know how incredibly strong it is...
Old 07-29-2018, 02:24 PM
Registered

Default Rampage and Imperial

Rampage and Imperial were the only two companies commissioned to complete the 27ss.. they were all checked for build quality during construction to ensure cigarette quality. That should answer anyone's questions iif theseare worthy! I also have a squadron xii HIN# ASLPW006..88 I know how incredibly strong it is...
Old 07-30-2018, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,

While Cig might have checked for build quality of the hull (I am personally dubious), I know for sure they didn't check or supervise the rest of the builds, at least for sure the 3 or 4 of the Imperial knock-offs I have seen and inspected in person compared to the real thing, no comparison IMHO.

Cheers,

Dave
Old 07-30-2018, 10:43 AM
Registered

The Imperial 27 was completed in Jupiter Florida and they were all Aronow..... The quality is the same of any Cigarette or Magnum these hulls were Don at his best building Cigarettes and using other companies to title them. He had a strict Non-Compete and he was always making extra money on the side. The movie coming out on August 16th "SPEED KILLS" tells you all about it.
Old 07-30-2018, 12:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sheerant
The Imperial 27 was completed in Jupiter Florida and they were all Aronow..... The quality is the same of any Cigarette or Magnum these hulls were Don at his best building Cigarettes and using other companies to title them. He had a strict Non-Compete and he was always making extra money on the side. The movie coming out on August 16th "SPEED KILLS" tells you all about it.
I don't know what the movie says...but, when I look at these photos I see I big difference, and these are just a from a quick google search to find some comparable pics...and just shows the "surface" of the low build quality IMHO.

Real...

Fake...

Real...

Fake...

It's just that every Squadron copy I have looked at in person, I came away feeling like I had looked at an old Bayliner vs an old Cigarette. It;s hard to put into words, it was just my first hand impression of the build quality.

Have a good one,

Dave

Last edited by 78CIG24; 07-30-2018 at 12:37 PM.
Old 07-30-2018, 12:39 PM
Registered

Only difference I see is the helm on the other side.....
Old 07-30-2018, 12:54 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 12 Posts

Can't comment on the build of the imperials, but i can certainly say that the squadron's are absolute beasts. I've crawled under the bow several times, and it is an unbelievably strong bulkhead layout. It can handle pretty much anything thrown at it, and flies true and straight. Handles on rails right up to 96, where it props out. Should mention ours has HIN XEX, although from what i understand it was completed by cigarette after don merged the two companies.
Old 11-14-2022, 03:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sheerant
I purchased a 1986 27 Imperial seems to be the exact same boat as they cigarette Squadron 27 but the helm is on the starboard side. Was wondering if anybody has any more information regarding the 27 Imperials where they were manufactured if the mold did come from cigarette or if they made their own mold from a 27 Squadron? Any information would be helpful.
did you find out any more on this, do you still have yours?
Old 11-14-2022, 03:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Winning
I also have an ASLP Hin #008 do you still have yours would love to find out more.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.