Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
03 Mystique No Power $30K on Craigslist & Ebay >

03 Mystique No Power $30K on Craigslist & Ebay

Notices

03 Mystique No Power $30K on Craigslist & Ebay

Old 06-15-2009, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bet if someone buys it they will get a surprise call from the old owner wanting to sell them all the parts.What good are the hatch and interior to him without the boat.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:35 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BAREFOOTING
I bet if someone buys it they will get a surprise call from the old owner wanting to sell them all the parts.What good are the hatch and interior to him without the boat.
would it be worth the gamble though?
Old 06-15-2009, 08:42 PM
Registered

Received 2,970 Likes on 981 Posts

It's a trip that they stripped it down that far but didn't take other things....Like the gauges...Sh!t, the whole dash piece! The fuse panel, the switch panel, the stereo panel, the lexon around the cabin entrance, the grab handle, passenger dash, sh!t, they didn't even take the wind fairings...I know at least two people that would buy those right now! Might as well taken the rear seat too!

the more I look at that boat the more I agree with most of you....That thing needs a LOOOOOOOOOOOT of work!!
Old 06-15-2009, 08:46 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I bet the old owner has a buddy that buys the boat knowing where all the parts are. He will pay a little more than it's actually worth, but all the parts would be free and then they are back to enjoying the boat for next to nothing.

THat is why they didn't get the stuff that would require a pain in the azz to re install, like the electrical chit.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by WMF
Those are my thoughts!! but I would not destroy my boat for that boat!! I really dont think it is worth whay they want, I talked to the sellers today, told them 10K, no deal!!
Yeah, at 10K it'd be worth it I think. At 30.... that's one costly project for someone.

What a shame someone destroyed all the value of that boat stripping it before the repo man showed.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:51 PM
Registered

Now your catching on,someone might just be scamming someone! what do you think.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:55 PM
Registered

I'd bet dollars to donuts that the previous owner will have a straw man buy the boat back for him; he'll put it back together himself, and it'll remained titled in his friend's name. Happens all the time . . . like someone said previously in this thread, think foreclosed homes. The reasoning behind taking all of the nonsensical bull****, such as hatch covers, etc. was to devalue the boat when it ultimately came up for auction after the repo. The worse off the boat is, the better the deal for the "new owner." For the previous owner, even at $30k its a steal - if there was a $120K note that he defaulted on.
Old 06-20-2009, 07:52 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't the twin steps have porpising problems or some handling issue?
Old 06-20-2009, 09:23 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Cig35Mistress
I'd bet dollars to donuts that the previous owner will have a straw man buy the boat back for him; he'll put it back together himself, and it'll remained titled in his friend's name. Happens all the time . . . like someone said previously in this thread, think foreclosed homes. The reasoning behind taking all of the nonsensical bull****, such as hatch covers, etc. was to devalue the boat when it ultimately came up for auction after the repo. The worse off the boat is, the better the deal for the "new owner." For the previous owner, even at $30k its a steal - if there was a $120K note that he defaulted on.
Agreed. See post 34

Isn't it a felony now to strip this stuff before the banks comes to get it?
Old 06-20-2009, 11:08 AM
Registered

I don't know how the laws read, I would imagine each state is different. I would imagine if the buyer strips the boat with full knowledge that it is being repossessed, and for the purposes of personal gain and/or to strengthen his hand when placing a straw man in to repurchase the boat, he's more than likely guilty of fraud. I would think it also depends on how the loan documents and the UCC lien read.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.