Considering Sale need help >

Considering Sale need help

Notices

Considering Sale need help

Old 02-10-2010, 08:11 AM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

I know the used boat market sucks as does everyone. But with that said most older boats are worn out and dated, this is why they are undesirable to most. Some think I will find one of these boats buy it cheap and then redo it and have a great boat, unfortunately they always under estimate what it will cost to do it right. I am almost finished with my 93 Cafe and I have more then double the value in it, so my advice would be for someone to buy a boat that is all redone(as long as it was done right) for 50 cents on the dollar. This boat appears to be that boat. The target market for this boat is probably not another Cig owner but instead someone who is looking to spend $50k+ on a Baja or Formula or another boat of that caliber. They will twice the boat for the same money. I would not sell that boat for a penny less them $50k and would try to hold out for more. Take a look around even though the market sucks what does $50k buy you? Most often not much!
Old 02-10-2010, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Purple Hornet, you may have missed my point. I am not telling Rockstar what his boat is worth . I am pointing out what can be had right now and at what price. Your point about my boat only supports my point . It was originally listed at $ 90k and todate at $ 65k I have not had one bite. I think my boat is worth more but it appears I am the only one that thinks so.
Everybody's boat is mint . That fact is ,there other boats just like your friends that are selling for much less . That is the current market. Point was just that if you need to sell your boat in this market you will not get what it is worth but what the market will bear. It is a great time to buy a boat and as I am learning a crappy time to sell a boat. Don't take my word for it check the classifieds here , Serious offshore, Boattrader, Boats.com etc. etc. etc.

Rick G.

Last edited by Rick G; 02-10-2010 at 01:07 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

I sold my 1985 Mistress last March when the market might have even been a little better. It had Konrad Drives, 540's that made 675HP on 87 octane. Huber Built Transmissions, Stainless Marine Exuast, all new gauges, new interior. Didn't have a chip in the hull. 3 full sunbrella covers, All braided lines, all billet pulleys, ect. Mirroed engine compartment, new trim pumps, GPS. Drives had 15 hours, motors had 125. Hull had 300. Triple axle trailer with new wheels.

I sold the boat for 46.5K. It took me 3 months to sell.

The boat would run 75+ all day. Touch 80 light, could have been higher with wroked props.

Tough sell on older flatdecks. Good luck with your sale, its a nice looking machine.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by cigrocket
I sold my 1985 Mistress last March when the market might have even been a little better. It had Konrad Drives, 540's that made 675HP on 87 octane. Huber Built Transmissions, Stainless Marine Exuast, all new gauges, new interior. Didn't have a chip in the hull. 3 full sunbrella covers, All braided lines, all billet pulleys, ect. Mirroed engine compartment, new trim pumps, GPS. Drives had 15 hours, motors had 125. Hull had 300. Triple axle trailer with new wheels.

I sold the boat for 46.5K. It took me 3 months to sell.

The boat would run 75+ all day. Touch 80 light, could have been higher with wroked props.

Tough sell on older flatdecks. Good luck with your sale, its a nice looking machine.
Your flatdeck was a gem. Any word from the new owner regarding their experiences with it ?
ed
Old 02-10-2010, 06:16 PM
Registered

Received 1,491 Likes on 806 Posts

I love the old flat decks. I have never owned one however I think they look sharp. I saw one last summer in Frankfort MI at the marina. The boat looked fully restored and beautiful. Seems like it was white with a little tan or beigh. i was thinking the owner said he was from down state somewhere or otherwise IL but can't remember for sure.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
Your flatdeck was a gem. Any word from the new owner regarding their experiences with it ?
ed
The boat went to Oklahmoma City, stores the boat in a cave. He had a full summer of trouble free boating on LOTO.

The reliability was what he was looking for. That's why my boat was a steal. Turn the keys and go....... Thanks for the compliments.

I am heading to MIAMI tomorrow. Checking out the Hardware!
Old 03-02-2010, 07:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that is a nice 38
Old 03-02-2010, 07:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what do u guys think about that flat deck that is in the oso classifieds from carolina marine seems to be needing some up dating
Old 03-03-2010, 04:59 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Tom I spoke to Carolina Marine on that boat. He told me he took it in on trade and it is his boat. He said he used last summer without issue and I got the distinct feeling you could buy that boat for some where between 16 and 19K . I just aquired a flat deck myself a 1985 hull only and am going to take the power out my Scarab and run it in the Cig. I think the Carolina boat needs some work and updating but if you get it for 16 to 17k it is well worth the trouble.

Rick G.