My Lunch Hour Sept 23 2010 3:00 Lake St.Clair Time

Notices

My Lunch Hour Sept 23 2010 3:00 Lake St.Clair Time

Old 09-27-2010, 01:17 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by osen007
Aslo moving the motors back without the trans might make it porpoise.

any thoughts

It WILL make it porpose. If whoever does the work doesn't pay CLOSE attention to where they remount your power, you will have a porpose issue that may not be able to be adjusted with props, or at all.

Cigarette changed the location of the rear bulkhead in the mid 90's to adjust for this exact issue, since Bravo's were the main drive they were using at that point.

Also, your boat will not gain anywhere near enough of a noticeable gain on performance by doing so, due to the weight of the boat. 30hp is a drop in the pan on a boat weighing as much as a mid 80's Flat Deck. I'd be surprised if it gained even one mph on the top end, especially if you encounter the porpose issue that's VERY likely to appear.

I'd really think it through, before making the change. It typically doesn't go near as easy as it sounds like it would.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BLee
It WILL make it porpose. If whoever does the work doesn't pay CLOSE attention to where they remount your power, you will have a porpose issue that may not be able to be adjusted with props, or at all.

Cigarette changed the location of the rear bulkhead in the mid 90's to adjust for this exact issue, since Bravo's were the main drive they were using at that point.

Also, your boat will not gain anywhere near enough of a noticeable gain on performance by doing so, due to the weight of the boat. 30hp is a drop in the pan on a boat weighing as much as a mid 80's Flat Deck. I'd be surprised if it gained even one mph on the top end, especially if you encounter the porpose issue that's VERY likely to appear.

I'd really think it through, before making the change. It typically doesn't go near as easy as it sounds like it would.
I think your right. I could use the 10k some where else.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:08 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

I agree, besides bravos on a 38ft cigarette isn't really an "upgrade." I think a konrad conversion would be better and you wouldn't need to cut up the transom. I wouldn't replace the trs's until they let go. Don't fix it if it ain't broke.