Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Cigarette (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/cigarette-32/)
-   -   konrads on 35 mistress?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/cigarette/240069-konrads-35-mistress.html)

delsol 10-01-2010 04:45 PM

konrads on 35 mistress??

We've got a 35 mistress that we've mounted Konrads on and are having issues with hooking up. It seems that above 4500 rpm all props tried so far have blown out.
Engines are approx 750 hp na, the drives were kept in the original trs location as far as x dim.
28 bravo 1's blew out at 4800 rpm running 63 mph
32 5 blade herrings blow out at 4500 rpm running 72 mph
30 p-5x hydromotives blow out at4500 rpm running 66 mph
It didn't seem to matter where trim was -- negative neutral or a bit positive.

Does anyone have any ideas on what can be tried next? We think top end should be around 84 mph +/-.

Thanks for any help.

Dave

NJgr8ful 10-01-2010 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by delsol (Post 3221302)
We've got a 35 mistress that we've mounted Konrads on and are having issues with hooking up. It seems that above 4500 rpm all props tried so far have blown out.
Engines are approx 750 hp na, the drives were kept in the original trs location as far as x dim.

Does anyone have any ideas on what can be tried next? We think top end should be around 84 mph +/-.

Thanks for any help.

Dave

Hey Dave,

Dean (Xtreme Air here on OSO) mounted Konrads on his 84 Mistress and his worked out great .. no real issues that I can remember. Not sure about X-dim measurements, but I will call him and maybe he'll chime in on this thread. Great guy and he would be glad to help out. Kurt (Biggus) and CigRocket installed them on Mistress and they might be good resources for this stuff too.

~~Edit~~
Here's a thread with Dean discussing props and such http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/c...ess-speed.html

Biggus 10-01-2010 06:17 PM

Thanks for any help.

Dave

Dave,

Some of the straight bottom Cigarettes with out the notch need to run spacers. (especially if the boat was originally rigged for SSM II drives) Some respond to a 1" spacer, some need the 1.7" spacer to duplicate the same prop shaft height as the TRS. It seems they are all different.

From the info you've provided, I'd suggest the 1.7" spacer as the X-Dimention must be a bit higher than the avaerage Mistress.

Give Pete @ Konrad a call Monday morning 715-386-4203 He'll hook you up.

Feel free to call me direct for more info.

Kurt 715-410-0735

excalibur27 10-01-2010 06:31 PM

Thanks for any help.

Dave

I had Konrads installed on my 89 Cafe back in 2006. I have not had any issues like you are describing. I had standard TRS' prior & I am not using any spacers.

TOASTY 10-01-2010 08:26 PM

it would be interesting to see what speeds you get with that power.

I have had an interesting experience with dean it seems that a fellow new jersean created a little nastiness and suggested that he mentioned something mean toward me /us. However reflecting on the type of person dean is i am sure now its prob false. I hope he chimes in and gives advise on this topic

J-Bonz 10-01-2010 11:28 PM

5 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Biggus (Post 3221349)
Dave,

Some of the straight bottom Cigarettes with out the notch need to run spacers. (especially if the boat was originally rigged for SSM II drives)

The boat was originally had TRS's on it... :) Cant wait to hear how she runs... Miss that boat............ The last two are Ralph Martin at the helm......... :)

MrCIG 10-02-2010 02:46 AM

Are you sure the props are blowing out. I never had one blow out at higher rpm. Are you sure your trans is not slipping. I had a planning issue but never once it was hooked up

Mark

cigrocket 10-02-2010 10:01 AM

I had similar power, around 700HP N/A on the Mistress. I was running 4 blade non labbed Bravo 26" wheels spinning inward. Never had an issue with blowing out. I didn't even need to adjust the tabs. Motors were mounted in stock TRS location. I didn't even need tab to plane. I sold the boat, I could have had some prop work done for higher speed. I would say that there is a chance of your trannies slipping however.

delsol 10-02-2010 01:05 PM

Thanks for the replies,
excalibur and cigrocket --what hp, props, speed?

we are going to look into the trannies, didn't think they were slippin, but we should try to make sure. Any good way of telling if trannies are slipping, rather than props?

J bonz -- sorry its not your old boat-- it's mikes tiessens white one that came out cleveland -- greg's old boat. your old one just had the drives ripped off of it though-- a litlle too shallow i guess...

cigrocket 10-02-2010 05:00 PM

Mine ran 76-77 MPH at 5400 RPMs with the 26" bravo 1 4 blades. GPS Speed. Could have had a few more ticks if I worked the props a little. But I sold the boat. Good luck, if you have any other questions, let me know.

Kurt