36' Cigarette >

36' Cigarette

Notices

36' Cigarette

Old 10-12-2010, 01:01 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 36' Cigarette

Hi guys. I am looking at a classic cig....an 1983 36. I have been searching for info on this model but it looks like it is the hidden stepchild of cigarette. I have seen the early flat decks but you rarely see the 36 with the windshield. I know that they are different from the awesome and the mistress because of the beam. Do any of you actually have one? Ridden in one? Do they run comparable speeds with the mistress and maybe the 38se flatdeck? What do you think it would run with a pair of 500hp 502's with trs drives?

Thanks.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know there is one on our lake and it is a bad ass boat. I think BLee knows more about them than I do.

I know there was another thread on these at one time.
Attached Thumbnails 36' Cigarette-summer-10-025.jpg   36' Cigarette-summer-10-886.jpg   36' Cigarette-summer-10-888.jpg  

Old 10-13-2010, 07:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by turbo rr
Hi guys. I am looking at a classic cig....an 1983 36. I have been searching for info on this model but it looks like it is the hidden stepchild of cigarette. I have seen the early flat decks but you rarely see the 36 with the windshield. I know that they are different from the awesome and the mistress because of the beam. Do any of you actually have one? Ridden in one? Do they run comparable speeds with the mistress and maybe the 38se flatdeck? What do you think it would run with a pair of 500hp 502's with trs drives?

Thanks.
I also have always loved that style of 36 footer. I've been looking for one for the last couple of years also. Occasionally come across one for sale ... but usually ragged out from neglect. Now the red one in the above pic is a downright perfect 10 ... I'd give my left nuht for that one. I have never been in one or actually seen one in person, nor do I care how fast it would run. I just love the look.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I like the look of them also....but not more than the 38 flat deck. I really like the flat deck. This one has some tired 502's trs drives and has been out of the water for approx 8 years. I can get it for a good price and I can rebuild the engines and paint it myself. I know that I would never get the $ back out of it but I like projects. They are just so rare......I know that it is blasphemy, but that windshield would have to be changed for a fiberglass race fairing......
Old 10-14-2010, 10:47 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been in the one Sea-Dated posted pictures of, and it was a 70+mph boat back in it's day, with around 700hp at the time. That was in the early 1980's when it was brand new. You can expect appoximately a 60+mph boat, with 500hp a side, & a TRS setup.

They were heavy boats, and weren't built with top speed being the number one goal. They have a lot of wood/teak in them, as well as being wider than the standard beam.

I don't think you can expect it to run with a 35 Mistress or 38 Flatdeck with equal power, but it will not be a huge difference since all of those classic designs carry quite a bit of weight. They will definitely crush some waves though.

Good luck!