Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Does this Tiger have any life left in her? >

Does this Tiger have any life left in her?

Notices

Does this Tiger have any life left in her?

Old 10-05-2010, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Does this Tiger have any life left in her?

Just came across this...

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/boa/1989362524.html

Do you think she has any life left in her? How much do you think it would cost to bring her back? Is it even worth it?
Old 10-05-2010, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 64 Posts

With the prices of boats right now, I dont think its worth it. Lots of good deals out there. Not to metion the time that is going to be invested....
Old 10-05-2010, 10:28 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kreed
With the prices of boats right now, I dont think its worth it. Lots of good deals out there. Not to metion the time that is going to be invested....
I've been looking at the same boat. My guess is she's worth half of what they are asking. I'm also suspect that they are only showing the phonos that they want you to see. After 3 requests for more, I still don't have any.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MidOcean
I've been looking at the same boat. My guess is she's worth half of what they are asking. I'm also suspect that they are only showing the phonos that they want you to see. After 3 requests for more, I still don't have any.

I thought the same thing. Cockpit fire yet no pix of the cockpit....I bet the left side is badly burnt.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the same 42 tiger that was for sale on ebay a while back. There were much more detailed pictures in that ad. There is also a thread over on SO in the Cig forum titled "should buff right out". Boat was on it's lift when the next door neighbors house and boat house caught fire, fire spread over to it. I remember thinking that it could be fixed when I looked at the pictures, but it would need a completely new cockpit and the there is a ton of glasswork to be done. New engine hatch, motors will have to be torn down, etc. The top deck may need to be repaired. If you get it for 8-10K it might be a worthy project (or a nice parts boat). Here is what I found on it, hope this helps somebody.
Attached Images   
Old 10-05-2010, 01:26 PM
Registered

The fatlady has sung.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rumrunner29
This is the same 42 tiger that was for sale on ebay a while back. There were much more detailed pictures in that ad. There is also a thread over on SO in the Cig forum titled "should buff right out". Boat was on it's lift when the next door neighbors house and boat house caught fire, fire spread over to it. I remember thinking that it could be fixed when I looked at the pictures, but it would need a completely new cockpit and the there is a ton of glasswork to be done. New engine hatch, motors will have to be torn down, etc. The top deck may need to be repaired. If you get it for 8-10K it might be a worthy project (or a nice parts boat). Here is what I found on it, hope this helps somebody.
you are right it was on ebay all its good for is parts the motors look better now it looks like they have wash them cause in the pics on ebay it looked like it just came from the fire they were black
Old 10-05-2010, 03:11 PM
Charter Member #139 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

if they would take 10k would be good to part out I am surprise they are not doing that themselves
Old 10-05-2010, 04:32 PM
Registered

Out of curiosity, what could part out apart from the engines (which probably need work) and drives? Cockpit is dead....I guess maybe some of the cabin stuff?
Old 10-05-2010, 05:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by nkosi
Out of curiosity, what could part out apart from the engines (which probably need work) and drives? Cockpit is dead....I guess maybe some of the cabin stuff?
All the expensive stuff is low and aft. Probably lots of good parts steering system, tabs, hydraulics, strainers, etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.