Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
What price will this go for? >

What price will this go for?

Notices

What price will this go for?

Old 09-16-2011, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

its worth what someone is willing to pay and what the buyer is willing to accept.. there is alot of nice stuff for sale and has been for a while. nice looking boat tho good luck with the sale
Old 09-19-2011, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RebarBox
Wow!!

I'd agree with Envision - Mid 90's.
There are very, very few buyers out there that are looking to spend mid 90's on a flat bottom TG... even the nicest of them. At $95k you're in TS territory (selling price). Like I said, $70-$80k, more than that and the boat will sit for a long time waiting for the next owner (IMO). I'm not knocking anyone's boat, just trying to be realistic after watching the market for a long time...
Old 09-19-2011, 12:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eddie
I'd get rid of the picture of jumping the boat out of the water, not my idea of a selling point.
Looks like he took your advice!!
Old 09-19-2011, 12:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd get rid of the picture of jumping the boat out of the water, not my idea of a selling point.
just shows how good a boat she really is
Old 09-20-2011, 11:20 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930
There are very, very few buyers out there that are looking to spend mid 90's on a flat bottom TG... even the nicest of them. At $95k you're in TS territory (selling price). Like I said, $70-$80k, more than that and the boat will sit for a long time waiting for the next owner (IMO). I'm not knocking anyone's boat, just trying to be realistic after watching the market for a long time...
Any TS at $95K would have 300 hours on it and need $30K (engins and drives) to make it fresh.

This boat is FRRRRESH if it had 300 hours on it I would agree with $70-$80K.

Maybe it would be a better sales pitch for $75K with 300 hours on it
Old 09-20-2011, 12:35 PM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by seahawk
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/boa/2541848493.html

2000 straight botton, full cabin, stelling standoff boxes, Myco trailer 600 HP motors and XR drives all just rebuilt. Turn Key
Just my guess would be it will sell for $75k it will sit for $90K. The other problem would be the bank. The bank will put a value you would not like on the boat that could blow apart any deals. I sold my Cafe last year with fresh custome paint brand new Cigarette interior new shifters throttles carpet external steering new cover etc,etc in the $60's (no trailer). The boat was fresh but he market is what the market is. The buyers out there today all want twin step boats so this softens the market. This not a knock on the boat I still love the straight bottoms but the market wants to go fast and high cruise speeds with dependable power.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 4195
Just my guess would be it will sell for $75k it will sit for $90K. The other problem would be the bank. The bank will put a value you would not like on the boat that could blow apart any deals.
The age is going to be a problem too, the banks are not loaning as often on boats older than ten years. If you want a true number call Scott at Shogren's and see what he puts on it. In my experiance his numbers are a good way to see what a boat would sell for.

Originally Posted by SS930
At $95k you're in TS territory (selling price).
I"ve been watching TS prices and haven't seen any TS go for $95k regarless of the power/hours?
Old 09-20-2011, 01:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by seahawk
Any TS at $95K would have 300 hours on it and need $30K (engins and drives) to make it fresh.

This boat is FRRRRESH if it had 300 hours on it I would agree with $70-$80K.

Maybe it would be a better sales pitch for $75K with 300 hours on it
Honestly, the 0 hours would make me nervous. No idea who the builder is, who did the refresh, if the motors will even make it 5 hours at this point.

I would be more comfortable with 300 hours on merc power that have never been touched.

But that is just me.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I"ve been watching TS prices and haven't seen any TS go for $95k regarless of the power/hours?
Do you know this for a fact or just that no one has been ASKING $95K?

You might be surprised what people are actually taking for the boats vs what they were asking.

I know I took WAY less for mine than I was asking as I am sure most people due if they actually want to move it these days.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:14 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 593 Likes on 273 Posts

T/S for $95 ! Really?? Come on!!
I know somebody that would buy it.
Show me the add.
I think you guys are out there on T/S prices.

Must be some desperate times for someone.
Glad mines PAID FOR!

Last edited by Quinlan; 09-20-2011 at 02:16 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.