Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
What price will this go for? >

What price will this go for?

Notices

What price will this go for?

Old 09-20-2011, 02:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently purchased a straight bottom, re-rigged TG. I was looking for a TS, made offers on some TS guns & I can tell you w/ almost 100% certainty no TS could be purchased for $95k....unless there were some rare circumstances surrounding the sale. Just my $.02. The subject boat should bring approximately $85k. However, simply opinion & speculation. We will never know until an agreement is made between buyer/seller.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:58 PM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930
There are very, very few buyers out there that are looking to spend mid 90's on a flat bottom TG... even the nicest of them. At $95k you're in TS territory (selling price). Like I said, $70-$80k, more than that and the boat will sit for a long time waiting for the next owner (IMO). I'm not knocking anyone's boat, just trying to be realistic after watching the market for a long time...
Maybe Outerlimits but not Cigarettes
Seriously I have not even seen any of the 2001 early TS Top Guns with 500 EFI's going that cheap, and I am surprised seeing that thaey are XR boats and would most likely need a freshening and probalby some headers. I still stick by the $75k number unless someone knows the boat and everything the owner has done to it, that could bring some extra dough.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:03 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sea-Dated
I would be more comfortable with 300 hours on merc power that have never been touched.

But that is just me.
I guess the thing to do is drive the $hit out of it and sell. Let the guy that thinks he's getting a great deal spend $30K on motors and drive rebuilds ($75k+$30K= $105k) makes $90K sound like a great price

The boat has about 40 hours on it since the rebuild and not merc power
Old 09-20-2011, 03:22 PM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Here is your competition
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o32072-en.html

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o41678-en.html

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o41341-en.html
Old 09-20-2011, 04:41 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

My Buddy will sell his 2001 TS for low 100's.... and its not a 300 hour boat that needs rebuilds, he already did that last winter with receipts!!!

Turn Key on a Black Myco....

PM me if you want his number I will put you in touch with him.

Pat
Attached Thumbnails What price will this go for?-cig-001.jpg   What price will this go for?-cig-004.jpg   What price will this go for?-cig-006.jpg  

What price will this go for?-cig-008.jpg   What price will this go for?-cig-miami-poker-run.jpg  
Old 09-20-2011, 05:03 PM
Registered

1. Maybe good TS buy but no trailer.
2. Two years make a big difference and looks like it's time to rebuild.
3. Too old.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Spicy
My Buddy will sell his 2001 TS for low 100's.... and its not a 300 hour boat that needs rebuilds, he already did that last winter with receipts!!!

Turn Key on a Black Myco....

PM me if you want his number I will put you in touch with him.

Pat
His boat looks like a great deal for low 100's. Does He or did he have it listed anywhere?
Old 09-21-2011, 07:13 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by seahawk
His boat looks like a great deal for low 100's. Does He or did he have it listed anywhere?
It was listed here for a while.

I've got some seat time in this boat (Not nearly as much as Spicy) and it is unbelievable that it hasn't sold. Fresh 575 Mercs (blowers done as well), new transom assemblies, fresh drives, new CMI headers. Every accessory , hose and belt were replaced on the boat when the engines were done......all for the price of what everyone else is hoping to get for T/S boats that need to have all of this work done.

The owner bought a kittyCat this past spring and priced the boat to sell. Other than the paint not being a scheme that some people might not like.....I can't figure out why it hasn't sold. Is the market really that bad???
Old 09-21-2011, 07:45 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Guys there have been multiple TS boats listed within the past year that have sold under $100k. I'm not going to go digging for proof, but there certainly have been boats selling in that area. As I recall, there was even one down in so. FL with an asking price below $100k, it went for well below $95k. And yes, these boats mostly had 500's with hours and XR's, but they were runners and TS boats. Some really nice examples have gone for $105-$125k. Hell, look at Pat's buddy's boat... That boat is fresh (and a clean/sharp boat at that) and can probably be bought at $100k, keep in mind this boat has been listed for a long time too. Speaking of which, someone should jump on that deal!!!

Point is buyers know their options and are looking for the newer stepped boats, at $112k for a straight bottom they will no doubt look elsewhere. Banks wont touch an older straight bottom at anywhere near this price and buyers have a lot more options at this range.

If you don't believe me, look at Darren's (dnebo's) super hot blue and white TG in MI with fresh blower motors (I think 900 Zulls) and SSM drives... That boat sat FS on here for some time w/o selling and it's as pristine and spotless as you'll ever find!!! One super hot straight bottom TG! I think it's still FS (although not on OSO now) and he can't get the kind of coin you're talking for his boat... Keep in mind this boat is the finest straight bottom you'll fine on the market, bar none!

So to move the boat in question, I'll be shocked if it sells quickly at anything close to $90k. I'll stick to my $70's to low $80's guess. No disrespect intended, the OP just asked the question and I've been following the market for quite a while so I threw my 2 cents in...
Old 09-21-2011, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

the 45 apache with 1100 and 6's, and also a 42 cig evolution with 1000's and 6's, both running boats can be bought in the $60k's, so wheres it leave a #3 boat.....basically these old boats are worth what the drives and engines are worth because once they are stripped, nobody is going to dump the money to get them back running

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.