Ok, what is it worth??? >

Ok, what is it worth???

Notices

Ok, what is it worth???

Old 09-08-2011, 05:43 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Ok, what is it worth???

Here we go... found a boat that interests me.

Early 90's Top Gun, fresh water since new.

No corrosion, Lip Ship Edition, full cabin,

598" 10:71 blown, intercooled 1000's, they run fine but should be freshened, (115 hrs I'm told)

Stellings headers (one weeping at the collector/tailpipe joint....)

Speedmaster 3A's, look new, told they have low hrs since rebuild

Paint not too bad, always been under cover or inside.

Interior decent but not of the best quality.

Myco steel trailer in fair shape, no rust.

The boat sat for two seasons and was recently woken up and run for 40 or so miles with no issues. A friend ran it, he said it went well.

I do all my own work and not afraid of blower motors but realize it's a money removal machine and very little buyers for an older big power straight bottom 'Gun.

I'm interested but realistic, what do you Cigarette guys feel it's really worth given the market and time of year?

Thanks,

Kurt the glutton for punishment
Old 09-08-2011, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So it sounds like you know exactly what you are getting into. Is the question time,money,effort etc? You realize but are not putting a price next to all of your upgrades. Spare drive, engine rebuilds, interior, etc. How about you jot down what you think you will spend from sending blowers out to be checked all the way down to replacing small stuff like impellers. I did it all and would probally do it again! You have to love the boat. Good luck, Greg
Old 09-08-2011, 07:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am no expert & especially hard w/o seeing the boat....difficult to tell. Updates?? I would guess somewhere middle 60's to middle 70's? If in exceptional shape maybe on that upper end. If in poor shape lower end or less of that range. Then again, how bad does it have to be sold & what is it worth to you, personally. That is the value of the boat.....there are a couple mid 1990 models listed with Brett @ PBB here at LOTO in high 70k range. Each of those have updates, blower motors & are in great shape for year.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BIGGUS: is this boat at LOTO?
Old 09-08-2011, 07:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Midwest Customs
BIGGUS: is this boat at LOTO?
Yes, the boat is at LOTO. I really don't want to drag this particular boat into question, more of a hypothetical discussion of what an older tired big power Top Gun is really worth in todays market.

As for my time involved, I live for projects and enjoy tinkering with my boats just as much as using them. As for the $$ involved to freshen it up, that can be done over time.

Thanks for the replies and keep 'em coming!

Kurt
Old 09-08-2011, 07:22 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by 36Envision
middle 60's to middle 70's? If in exceptional shape maybe on that upper end. If in poor shape lower end or less of that range.
Agreed.......Unfortunately

On the other hand, a great time to buy!!! You know the deal Kurt!!

My buddy still has that T/S that I was telling you about. It would be just as fast with just 575's.....and you know who has done everything to it

Call me tomorrow if you have a minute
Old 09-08-2011, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Carter's boat was the first thing that came to mind for me when I saw your question. His is very comparable to the one you described, but I don't think it's a Lip Ship. Blower motors putting out around 850 and the condition is top notch. Throw in the trailer it has under it and his boat is a steal.

I said all that to say I hope the boat you're asking about is priced cheaper than Carter's boat. Take a look at his ad and see what he's asking.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o41341-en.html

Buck
Old 09-08-2011, 07:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by buck183
Carter's boat was the first thing that came to mind for me when I saw your question. His is very comparable to the one you described, but I don't think it's a Lip Ship. Blower motors putting out around 850 and the condition is top notch. Throw in the trailer it has under it and his boat is a steal.

I said all that to say I hope the boat you're asking about is priced cheaper than Carter's boat. Take a look at his ad and see what he's asking.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o41341-en.html

Buck
I hear ya Buck, so if a totally fresh similar boat can be had for an asking price of 79k, what a tired Gun be worth?

Would the SSM3A's add value over a similar boat such as Carter's? Personally, not a Bravo fan on such a heavy old monster.

Kurt
Old 09-08-2011, 07:48 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Biggus
I hear ya Buck, so if a totally fresh similar boat can be had for an asking price of 79k, what a tired Gun be worth?

Would the SSM3A's add value over a similar boat such as Carter's? Personally, not a Bravo fan on such a heavy old monster.

Kurt
I'm definitely not the one to be saying what they're worth. Not my place. I would think the drives would add some value like you mentioned. Good point on that.

Your concern for the bravos is understood. Surely you know of a company that could make a replacement for them that would meet your needs though????

Buck
Old 09-08-2011, 07:53 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hold on a minute....Kurt, buck,...u guys both boatless? What did I miss?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.