Winter project - Motors/Bilge >

Winter project - Motors/Bilge

Notices

Winter project - Motors/Bilge

Old 01-21-2012, 07:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by customryder
if your just looking to fill some stress cracks go to a automotive paint store and get a pint of fiberglass gell.. its real thick and should work for what you want.
Thanks customryder, I'll check that out. I started sanding it today and was able to just feather out most of the stress cracks with the DA, but I do have some screw holes I'd like to clean up still

Originally Posted by Tom A.
For your LED lights, I have a few suggestions.

C-Spray has a trick set up with both clear and colored LED strips to both accent and actually light up the bilge.

BOJO - "Bazooka" Joe on OSO is one of the owners of OPTX Marine LEDs and they are top notch pieces.
http://www.optxmarine.com/optxmarine/index.html

Lastly, if you want red, LED truck lights work awesome and cheap.
Tom thanks for the suggestions, I like the idea of doing both colored and white, I'm going to look into that. The problem with OPTX and the truck options are I'm looking for purple and they are hard to come by, I don't see any purple on OPTX's website and the truck one definitely don't have purple...anyways, thanks for the suggestions!
Old 01-21-2012, 07:08 PM
Registered

Progress update...finally finished de-rigging...I think and started sanding today and taping/wrapping everything. Enjoy the pix!

One question, does anybody know how the trim/drive brackets come off? Do you REALLY have to remove the back seat to get them off? It seems they are bolted through and would be behind the backseat...but come on, really?
Attached Thumbnails Winter project - Motors/Bilge-bilge_sanded_full.jpg   Winter project - Motors/Bilge-trim-drive_brackets.jpg  
Old 01-21-2012, 09:45 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

On mine you can reach up behind the back seat from inside the seat and get a wrench on the nuts. Much harder to reinstall.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:11 PM
Registered

hmm, I'll have to check that out next time I'm down there. I hope that's the case, really don't want to take out the back seat...thanks!
Old 01-23-2012, 05:05 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 4195
They are getting a freshen up new set of Dart aluminum heads little port and polish, new exhaust, going through the blowers and the injection. Power will be between 750-800hp. They are 540's with 6-71 blowers so they will only run 3-4 psi of boost so a milder set up. I am limited by the XR drives. I am excited to get it done. By the way great job on your boat I have been following your progress along the way.
I have the exact same boat and engines and I love them, great running engines! Blowers are actually 8-71s

Cigaretteman
Old 01-23-2012, 07:55 PM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

[QUOTE=Cigaretteman;3599956]I have the exact same boat and engines and I love them, great running engines! Blowers are actually 8-71s

Cigaretteman[/QUOTE
Are you running XR drives? If so are they stock? What speeds are you seeing?

sorry for the hi jack
Old 01-25-2012, 11:01 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=4195;3600084]
Originally Posted by Cigaretteman
I have the exact same boat and engines and I love them, great running engines! Blowers are actually 8-71s

Cigaretteman[/QUOTE
Are you running XR drives? If so are they stock? What speeds are you seeing?

sorry for the hi jack
I ran Imco Extreme SC's but the suckers broke as expected! I will upgrade to SCX oo maybe -4's buy would like to see someone else do it first. best I have seen is 92 mph. with standard 4 blade Bravo 1 32 props. The boat has seen 96 with special props according to a few people here on OSO that knew the previous owner. I have one of the props bur the other one was replaced with a standard 34 Bravo 1 prop so I never tried those. Love the boat and engines but need to find better drives! Love your boat too nice grafix and colours!

Cigaretteman
Old 02-10-2012, 05:54 PM
Registered

Okay, little update for those that are interested, lol.

Couldn't get the trim brackets off. Could reach up behind the seat but Subwoofer box was in the way from getting at the last two brackets and didn't feel like taking that all apart. So I decided to spray bomb them white along with the engine mounts on the stringers. The offshore plates that mount to the engines are being powder coated purple.

Here's an update pic. Hope to get it the first coat of primer tomorrow...Shogren's thread is putting me to shame
Attached Thumbnails Winter project - Motors/Bilge-bilge_stbd.jpg   Winter project - Motors/Bilge-bilge_port.jpg   Winter project - Motors/Bilge-bilge_whole.jpg  

Old 02-10-2012, 06:50 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Wow J, that looks great already!

And yea, good idea not taking the speaker boxes apart. They were custom built INSIDE the seat with the proper CI for those particular 12" speaker.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:48 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Wow J, that looks great already!

And yea, good idea not taking the speaker boxes apart. They were custom built INSIDE the seat with the proper CI for those particular 12" speaker.
Can i get some pics of this? I am building a box under my bench for 12's & would like to see how yours was done.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.