2006 38 top gun on ebay!Buyers Beware it was sunk in saltwater >

2006 38 top gun on ebay!Buyers Beware it was sunk in saltwater

Notices

2006 38 top gun on ebay!Buyers Beware it was sunk in saltwater

Old 08-18-2012, 09:02 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First off, salt water does not rot wood like fresh water. App some of the guys on here have spoke to the people selling the boat. This is a huge site, most of the boats that are out there are known by people on this site. There is no negativity, just calling it like we see it. I can admit there are some asshats on the site, but no one in this particular thread seems out of line. If you simply joined so you could post on this thread? That is silly. What scam artist have you ever ment that wasn't VERY HONEST SOUNDING or nice?? Thats rite they all are.

John jr
Old 08-18-2012, 09:12 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Fenderjack
First off, salt water does not rot wood like fresh water. App some of the guys on here have spoke to the people selling the boat. This is a huge site, most of the boats that are out there are known by people on this site. There is no negativity, just calling it like we see it. I can admit there are some asshats on the site, but no one in this particular thread seems out of line. If you simply joined so you could post on this thread? That is silly. What scam artist have you ever ment that wasn't VERY HONEST SOUNDING or nice?? Thats rite they all are.

John jr
Good point... I guess if they seem shady and make you throw a red flag right away, they aren't very good at scamming....
Old 08-18-2012, 09:14 PM
Registered

I think it has all been said and pointed out, nice boat, decent price if that is what it sells for.......but the main point was "DISCLOSURE"......if you know something about an item that you are selling that could affect the sale then you are obligated to inform a potential buyer of it.......if you know, or might know of a problem and do not disclose it, shame on you..............and if you "think" there might be a problem and don't find out what it is and disclose it....your an a$shat...
Old 08-18-2012, 09:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a good point, I am suprised the previous owner (or owners) or someone else with the "inside story" hasn't posted on here, eventually the truth will come out
Old 08-18-2012, 09:41 PM
Registered

I am 1 of the guys who was bidding on it, but retracted my bid when I was given a heads up by someone who new the history of the boat. What else is not being disclosed?
Old 08-18-2012, 09:59 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

get a complete survey and let the surveyor no that the boat was sunk and see what he can find and go from there . and just no if your buying a $130 k boat for $ 80 k you have $ 50 k left over for repair's
mike
Old 08-19-2012, 02:13 AM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Bottom line is you got a 2006 boat that is selling for much less at a no reserve auction. Now the owner or owners of the boat either have more money then they know what to do with, or there is a issue that has not been brought up for such a price and no reserve. Normally, 99% of the time if it is or seems to good to be real it usually is. Or this boat is pristine and some one is offering a steal of a life time ( doubt it )

My personal motto is '' I am dumb but I'm not stupid ''

John jr
Old 08-19-2012, 06:18 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

I love the paint on that thing.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 08-19-2012, 10:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jayboat
i love the paint on that thing.

x2
Old 08-19-2012, 01:08 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

She is gorgeous...no argument there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.