20 Cigarette Drive >

20 Cigarette Drive

Notices

20 Cigarette Drive

Old 09-22-2012, 09:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 20 Cigarette Drive

Would putting a speedmaster #3 work on a 20 Cig or is this just out of the question?
Old 09-22-2012, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Not sure why not. I've got a deep, heavy-ass TRS with tranny in mine. The higher X could help with less drag.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:54 PM
Registered
Gold Member

I have a 20 with a TRS and the flame arrester is against the engine hatch. It would be great to raise the engine to get a better X but i do not want a scoop on the already raised factory hatch. What are your thought about the raising of the engine, I understand that the speedmasters were deeper than a TRS. Is this the case? I have a new 600+ hp motor that I have not had the privilege of running and interested in options to change out the drive. I would like to heard about a Arneson on a 20 and determine if it is a improved fit. Thanks, Randy
Old 09-26-2012, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Arneson drive on a 20 that would be cool. Has any one did yet? If so how did it work?
Old 09-27-2012, 06:10 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Hatch

Originally Posted by goin70
I have a 20 with a TRS and the flame arrester is against the engine hatch. It would be great to raise the engine to get a better X but i do not want a scoop on the already raised factory hatch. What are your thought about the raising of the engine, I understand that the speedmasters were deeper than a TRS. Is this the case? I have a new 600+ hp motor that I have not had the privilege of running and interested in options to change out the drive. I would like to heard about a Arneson on a 20 and determine if it is a improved fit. Thanks, Randy
Do you have a flat hatch? My old 20 with a TRS and 454 had a raised hatch; it had plenty of room from the flame arrestor to the hatch.

Driver - High's Fuel Your Journey Cigarette Racing Team #598
Old 09-27-2012, 06:32 PM
Registered

Default TRS - LH w/nosecone

Ive got a nice drive, has about 10 hours on it - for sale -http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/swap-shop/285361-trs-drives-lh-rh-1-5-ratio.html