Cig in rough water

Notices

Cig in rough water

Old 02-28-2013, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kreed
^^^ Hahahahaha! It must get old....
I've ridden in a straight bottom Gun and seen the rubrails blow off of it from flex in 3-5s...nothing is infallible.

I've ridden in a couple 36 Bajas and ICDEDPPL's 33 and was impressed with the ride.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:22 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
I've ridden in a straight bottom Gun and seen the rubrails blow off of it from flex in 3-5s...nothing is infallible.

I've ridden in a couple 36 Bajas and ICDEDPPL's 33 and was impressed with the ride.
I agree! I ran Next to obnoxus in his 36 outlaw a couple summers ago in some water that made that cig video look tame. I don't recall his hull cracking! Or mine or BZ's Beakers either.

And yes, I have seen several cigs with some nasty stress cracks, and a few even delaminate around here in some big water. They all break if you push them too hard!

Cool video, but I still like the side view shots from another boat filming or from a chopper. Gives a better idea of what the hull is running like in that stuff.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:37 PM
Registered

Received 4,322 Likes on 1,241 Posts
Smile

Mr. Summer I did see that Video, what a copy cat
Me and Toddster were doing some under water shooting videos at the beach too lol

I slowed it down for your viewing pleasure

http://33outlaw.zenfolio.com/p13014502/e36f024ce

Mild, what about that day when a certain 42 Fountain, a 36 Outlaw and a 38 Flat Deck were running to sausagetag in some nasty stuff and the OUtlaw lost the windshield, the Fountaine lost the anchor locker AND windshield and the Flat Deck arrived 10 min ahead and in without pieces missing ??

Old 02-28-2013, 04:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Me and Toddster were doing some under water shooting videos at the beach too lol

Mild, what about that day when a certain 42 Fountain, a 36 Outlaw and a 38 Flat Deck were running to sausagetag in some nasty stuff and the OUtlaw lost the windshield, the Fountaine lost the anchor locker AND windshield and the Flat Deck arrived 10 min ahead and in without pieces missing ??

Oh I remember that vividly . I was shotgun on the Flatdeck . That was a bad a$$ boat ride. One of my favorites . Not doubting the cigs rough water capability, they handle it great. Definite wave crushers! Just saying they all can crack and break stuff.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:51 PM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts

I remember seeing that on you tube. Wish i was there looked like a fun run
Old 02-28-2013, 04:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I remember reading somewhere that if it was an Apache the ocean would crack...
Old 02-28-2013, 05:35 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Oh yeah...you mean the day when 2 35 Fountains had to slow down and wait while all the busted boats came?

Until I stopped and waited...you guys were nowhere in SIGHT! Lol.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
Oh yeah...you mean the day when 2 35 Fountains had to slow down and wait while all the busted boats came?

Until I stopped and waited...you guys were nowhere in SIGHT! Lol.
I don't think icdedppl was even there!

I remember the 2 35 fountains leading the pack most of the way. We were just cruising along. Then Ryan (sonic700) came in for the sneak attack and pushed the throttles down and it got fun.

I also remember magic medicine sleeping on the ride home. He was in the front bolster dozing. So we moved him in back and he sawed some z's for about 10-15 miles his head inches away from the open race hatches . Loud! We had a good crew, even drunk joe was aboard! Good old fashioned running, a few Injuries and minor boat damage, but good fun.

The year before that I remember similar water. Rode shotgun on magics 32 sunsation.... We definitely were In the air as much as the water for 15-20 miles. I was 6'1" when we left the harbor. Prob 5'11" when we arrived. That sunsation took a beating and held up very well! No damage at all. Lol and the newbies to boating big Tim and his girl got put with us. They never even met us until that day! I'm sure they had their doubts about 80mph rated hair gel and gold chains, but we gave them a good ride.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 4,322 Likes on 1,241 Posts

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
I remember reading somewhere that if it was an Apache the ocean would crack...

pfffft thats was the Ocean.. on Lake Michigan the Apache landing would spill the Lake out like a fat kid jumping in a bathtub.

Apache.. the Chuck Norris of powerboats
Old 02-28-2013, 11:07 PM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Oh cmon,,,,I drove THROUGH the wave LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.