42 tiger info >

42 tiger info

Notices

42 tiger info

Old 09-08-2014, 06:00 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by CignificantOther
This one meets your requirements and has a full cabin......
The boat looks great
Old 09-08-2014, 06:12 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's one nice looking boat!
Old 09-08-2014, 10:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Quinlan
Man I Really dig the lighting behind side pads. May we ask how you did it?
Thanks. A friend of mine owns Lightnin' Jack Customs in Gonzales, LA. He completely stripped the interior and built new side panels with the added the Cigarette embroidery. The nice thing is during the day, you would never even know the boat is loaded with LED. Custom lower side panels were also constructed, from the dash to the back seat, with foam and glass to create sub woofer boxes. These were designed utilizing a 1 inch relief from the floor to hide and project the LED floor lighting. Now I have use of all of my rear seat storage, since the subs were relocated to the side panels. There are also LED lights mounted under the bolsters and in all of the speakers.

Last edited by CignificantOther; 09-08-2014 at 10:51 PM.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:02 AM
Registered

Do TS tigers have the same tendency to spin or roll like the TG's? Dont think I've heard of any doing the spin or roll? I know there arent as many out there either.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jmackin
Do TS tigers have the same tendency to spin or roll like the TG's? Dont think I've heard of any doing the spin or roll? I know there arent as many out there either.
i don't think any of them really have a tendency to spin or roll unless you drive like an idiot but there are a few of those drivers out there that give boats a bad name
Old 09-09-2014, 02:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My '02 Tiger, 575sc's, XR's, 420 hours. Water is calm here most of the time. Have seen 86 on the gps.[ATTACH=CONFIG]529136[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 42 tiger info-101241d1097959450t-cig-pics-lets-see-em-cig-pix-1.jpg  
Old 09-09-2014, 02:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cig92
i don't think any of them really have a tendency to spin or roll unless you drive like an idiot but there are a few of those drivers out there that give boats a bad name
What I ,meant was more so than a straight bottom or as much as a TS Topgun...
Old 09-09-2014, 02:43 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by cig92
FWIW, I've logged 220 hrs on my 30 Cigarette T/S Mystique and NEVER have I felt it get loose enough to spin out. Not sure why it's happened so often but makes one think that inexperience/aggressiveness might be the problem not the boats.
Old 09-09-2014, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tigers are great boats. From an offshore perspective, there's a significant difference between a Tiger and a TG. Not only are the Tigers sexier with the long bow and beautiful lines, but the extra length is pretty damn noticeable in the open water.

I personally would not consider a bravo butt Tiger, unless it only had 500's or maybe 525's, but I think that package is a little under powered so I would pass on that as well. Tigers love to play in the bigger water, but what's the point of having a boat like that and have it neutered with bravo's and mild power? The only bravo based drive I would accept on a Tiger is the SCX. I would expect a Tiger to be about 3-5 mph slower than an equivalent TG.

The cockpit (like the 46) of the Tiger is smaller than the TG. I've never measured it, but probably close to a foot shorter. There's plenty of room for 5 people (even 6 if one person stands between the front seats), but for socializing the TG cockpit is noticeably more roomy. If you're looking at stepped boats and if overnighting is a concern, keep in mind most if not all of the TS TG's will only have a 1/2 cabin. They did a couple of different cabins with the Tiger.

The TG is easier to trailer and dock, there's no doubt about that, but once in the open water the Tiger is the clear winner.

The stepped TG and Tiger are both stable, but like any stepped boat, if pushed too hard (and I've never understood why people would drive one like it were on a slalom course) both can be made to spin. The Tiger doesn't really have any significant ill-handling issues, it's an awesome boat in the rough water. They are known to have some issues once you get up into the mid 90's and above, but unless you're running 750+ hp per side, you'll never really see those speeds anyway. Cig did recognize the the problem and later corrected it with the 42X.

Overall I'd look hard at the Tiger because they are typically priced on par or even slightly below the equivalent TG, but from a performance standpoint I think they are a better performing boat in the open water and depending on the boat, it might have a better cabin too. If you're looking for something with a little more cockpit room, more friendly to trailer, and easier to dock, the TG is without a doubt a better fit. With that said, looking down the long bow of the Tiger is something that's just so cool... After being on a Tiger, the deck of the TG just looks unnaturally short in comparison.
Old 09-09-2014, 04:53 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 597 Likes on 275 Posts

Unless you try to do a Bat Turn in 3 boat lengths No worries about T/S.