Look what was waiting for me at my shop this morning

Notices

Look what was waiting for me at my shop this morning

Old 10-23-2014, 10:45 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Look what was waiting for me at my shop this morning

[ATTACH=CONFIG]531387[/ATTACH]

I am beyond excited. I bought this Cafe from Brad (Yamaha24). The weather is so bad here right now I haven't even taken the cover off of it yet but the hull looks fantastic. This was Sean's old boat that he repowered with 496's and Bravo's with a grey interior Brad did that ICDEDPPL hates. I will be out this weekend in my snowmobile gear if need be to try it out. This wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for an enormous amount of help from some OSO members:

Sick Stinger He is an angry little yard gnome, but Mike was an absolute pit bull when it came to hammering out a deal on this boat. I initially wanted nothing to do with it but he was one of the people who talked sense into me about going after the boat I wanted. In fact, he insisted and was the go between between seller and buyer until we agreed on terms. He also dealt with me being a whiny bit ch about it until the deal was struck.

smokin' gun Gordon was just as instrumental in this. The first thing he did was tell me to not get worked up over internet drama and buy the boat. It was spot on advice. From there, what do you say about a guy who not only loans you his Myco trailer to go get the boat but gives you his Top Gun to use for a couple of weeks in the meantime? It was a huge help and made getting the boat home so much easier. Not only that but he won't take a dime for letting me use the trailer although I will figure it out.

Yamaha24 From our first phone call after we came to an agreement Brad has been completely forthcoming about every detail or flaw with the boat. In fact, he insisted on rattling off everything he knew was wrong before giving me an address to mail the check to. He provided tons of pictures, phone numbers to people who did work on the boat, and his survey from less than a year ago. The level of attention he gave this boat is incredibly high and it is obvious he is pretty particular about his stuff.

These guys are really what OSO is about. Boat freaks helping boat freaks. I am hugely indebted to them for all the help. This winter can't go by fast enough.
Attached Thumbnails Look what was waiting for me at my shop this morning-img_1463.jpg  
Old 10-23-2014, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what could possibly be wrong with that boat after all the work Brad and I put into it?

great boat! best of luck with it... now please do something about that grey interior - it makes me depressed...
Old 10-23-2014, 12:02 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

CONGRATS MATT!!!! i thinnk you made a very wise decision. the road to making a purchase of that magnitude can be very frustrating as we both know.. but look what happens in the end with a little persistance!! nice job!! now call in sick to work on the next sunny day and go burn some fuel
Old 10-23-2014, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by donzi matt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]531387[/ATTACH]

I am beyond excited. I bought this Cafe from Brad (Yamaha24). The weather is so bad here right now I haven't even taken the cover off of it yet but the hull looks fantastic. This was Sean's old boat that he repowered with 496's and Bravo's with a grey interior Brad did that ICDEDPPL hates. I will be out this weekend in my snowmobile gear if need be to try it out. This wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for an enormous amount of help from some OSO members:

Sick Stinger He is an angry little yard gnome, but Mike was an absolute pit bull when it came to hammering out a deal on this boat. I initially wanted nothing to do with it but he was one of the people who talked sense into me about going after the boat I wanted. In fact, he insisted and was the go between between seller and buyer until we agreed on terms. He also dealt with me being a whiny bit ch about it until the deal was struck.

smokin' gun Gordon was just as instrumental in this. The first thing he did was tell me to not get worked up over internet drama and buy the boat. It was spot on advice. From there, what do you say about a guy who not only loans you his Myco trailer to go get the boat but gives you his Top Gun to use for a couple of weeks in the meantime? It was a huge help and made getting the boat home so much easier. Not only that but he won't take a dime for letting me use the trailer although I will figure it out.

Yamaha24 From our first phone call after we came to an agreement Brad has been completely forthcoming about every detail or flaw with the boat. In fact, he insisted on rattling off everything he knew was wrong before giving me an address to mail the check to. He provided tons of pictures, phone numbers to people who did work on the boat, and his survey from less than a year ago. The level of attention he gave this boat is incredibly high and it is obvious he is pretty particular about his stuff.

These guys are really what OSO is about. Boat freaks helping boat freaks. I am hugely indebted to them for all the help. This winter can't go by fast enough.
Enjoy the boat Matt. It was a pleasure doing business with you.
Old 10-23-2014, 12:28 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats on the new ride Matt. Very nice to see a great story like this!! Sure beats all the drama going on in the "teaser" thread. enjoy!!
Old 10-23-2014, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean
what could possibly be wrong with that boat after all the work Brad and I put into it?

great boat! best of luck with it... now please do something about that grey interior - it makes me depressed...
I like the grey, but I am a mechanic so there is always a certain amount of grease in my hands no matter how hard I scrub them. I am a disaster when it comes to white vinyl.
Old 10-23-2014, 12:43 PM
Registered

so no more center console?

Congrats by the way, I looked it up on the resto thread, that interior is stunning. Cant wait to see what you will do with it. Enjoy

Last edited by stimleck; 10-24-2014 at 08:23 AM.
Old 10-23-2014, 12:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by donzi matt
I like the grey, but I am a mechanic so there is always a certain amount of grease in my hands no matter how hard I scrub them. I am a disaster when it comes to white vinyl.
I hear ya - i was just stirring the pot after reading a post from Brad's for sale thread...
Old 10-23-2014, 01:05 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Congrats on the purchase! Should be able to log some good boating hours on those 496's!
Old 10-23-2014, 02:29 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

I was under the impression his boyfriend came back after he strayed with there butt plug to another hole. My fault nice boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.