Is this a Cigarette 28SS? New owner.

Old 04-02-2015, 10:27 AM
dcb
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 33outlawsst
She signed ' Tiffiny ' in her first post
Eh, missed that. Dont think any member was belittling her because of her sex.

Last edited by dcb; 04-02-2015 at 10:31 AM.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Three pages in, her name is Tiffany, she;s 29 and nobody has asked for a bikini pik yet...... Im really loosing faith in OSO,,,,,,,,,
Old 04-02-2015, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Batmans.
Randy could have built the hull but he did not screw the deck up like that.
At best if it ran that long is 45MPH. Rabco 28 boats are big 28 Cigs are small side by side

Stop all work on that boat and go get this one will be the best day of you life.
http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/bod/4957509351.html

If you do the work it needs I wish you the best of luck and keep us posted.
$1200 today will turn into $20,000 next year.
Old 04-02-2015, 11:20 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tiffany, like any forum unfortunately, there are members that are just insensitive and don't know what they don't know. The Rabco hulls have a design kinship with Cigarette that goes way back I believe. They make some very nice center consoles, 28' and 35' in length. The Rabco 28' CC was the model for my conversion project. I completely stripped my 35' Cigarette Awesome and made a 28' center console out of it, and the process tested my patience, dedication, and bank account to a degree that I had not anticipated. If you do restore the hull for whatever reason, do at least double the cost estimates. There will be so many surprises that will test your plan. Boats, especially older ones, are just expensive to restore, and the modern parts required to accomplish this are just plain expensive. Look at "GlassDaves" comments on this forum, and you will learn a lot about the restoration process and what makes sense and what doesn't. Dave is in Ohio not that far from you, and he is a gentleman. What ever you decide, have fun, wear proper dust and fume protection, and keep a sharp eye on your bank account. Let me know if I can help identify some great resources. Bob N.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ren3
Tiffany, like any forum unfortunately, there are members that are just insensitive and don't know what they don't know. The Rabco hulls have a design kinship with Cigarette that goes way back I believe. They make some very nice center consoles, 28' and 35' in length. The Rabco 28' CC was the model for my conversion project. I completely stripped my 35' Cigarette Awesome and made a 28' center console out of it, and the process tested my patience, dedication, and bank account to a degree that I had not anticipated. If you do restore the hull for whatever reason, do at least double the cost estimates. There will be so many surprises that will test your plan. Boats, especially older ones, are just expensive to restore, and the modern parts required to accomplish this are just plain expensive. Look at "GlassDaves" comments on this forum, and you will learn a lot about the restoration process and what makes sense and what doesn't. Dave is in Ohio not that far from you, and he is a gentleman. What ever you decide, have fun, wear proper dust and fume protection, and keep a sharp eye on your bank account. Let me know if I can help identify some great resources. Bob N.
I would love to see your Cigarette Awesome. Those are beautiful boats. Thank you for the sweet message. I will take all of this into consideration before doing anything to it.

Originally Posted by LOTOWONTOPGUN
Batmans.
Randy could have built the hull but he did not screw the deck up like that.
At best if it ran that long is 45MPH. Rabco 28 boats are big 28 Cigs are small side by side

Stop all work on that boat and go get this one will be the best day of you life.
http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/bod/4957509351.html

If you do the work it needs I wish you the best of luck and keep us posted.
$1200 today will turn into $20,000 next year.
That is a beautiful Rabco. Thank you for sharing.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:02 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tiffany, there is a thread on it in the Cigarette forums, "Conversion of a 35' Cigarette to a 28' center console" if you do a search. I posted some pictures of the build. I have a complete picture history of the project. You will see the resemblance to the Rabco 28' CC on their website. Bob N.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:10 PM
Registered

Interesting news: I pulled the tag off the boat. I had the numbers wrong as it was hard to see with the tag on the boat. I typed in the numbers online and found this thread and youtube videos. Anyone recognize the boat now or know the owner - Ken Royce?

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...ood-laugh.html

and another

http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forum...ad.php?t=22592

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TThANiPTo6s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab9ifls51VA

Last edited by Batmans; 04-02-2015 at 05:21 PM.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:32 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,131 Likes on 1,408 Posts

Good investigative work.

PS: You think that thread is funny but I'm being rude ? Otay.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SB
Good investigative work.

PS: You think that thread is funny but I'm being rude ? Otay.
I don't think anything is funny. I copied and pasted the link in here and that's what pasted.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:58 PM
Registered

Quote Originally Posted by THRILLSEEKER View Post
Definately not a 28 Cig. Was this boat sitting in a yard next to the Stansteel asphalt tank and kiln yard?
You can clearly see other boats in the background of the images.
The first images I posted is the day I purchased the boat. I picked up the boat at one marina and drove it to another marina, and took it off the trailer. The photo you are referring to, is how it is sitting now. I’m having the trailer painted and the boat needed to come off of it. It’s next to a huge warehouse where I work.

My comments were not belittling or rude, I've walked past my own 28ss Cig every day for the past 14 years. I know what they look like. Secondly, a few years back, I was in Louisville at an industrial asphalt tank manufacturers yard and saw "your" boat sitting on the other side of the fence. A lot of the suggestions and advice given on this thread is painfully accurate. There are a lot of people here who have learned the hard way and dumped insane amounts of money into the wrong boat because they were mis-informed and don't want to see someone else go through the same predicament. Don't be so defensive and good luck with your restoration.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.