41 Apache vs. 42 Cigarette?

Notices

41 Apache vs. 42 Cigarette?

Old 09-22-2016, 03:00 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 41 Apache vs. 42 Cigarette?

What are the differences between 41 Apache vs. 42 Cigarette? Are the dimensions and layout of the lower hull the same or similar?
Old 09-22-2016, 03:19 PM
ben
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

Old 09-22-2016, 03:47 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

It is the first day of fall, here we go...
Old 09-22-2016, 03:57 PM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

Might have well asked? What kind of oil to run, Do they use custom ground cams and should I tow one with a single axle truck?
Old 09-22-2016, 05:10 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts

Dar
Old 09-22-2016, 06:09 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by caseyh
Dar
Member since 09? Doubt it.

I've always said the 41 Apache and 42 cig are sister boats. The Revolution hull was the predecessor for the tiger and was the inspiration behind the 41 Apache.

I'd say the biggest difference between the two is that the Apache will have more structural support (more resin) and more bulk heads. I've been in both. They feel basically the same running in decent water.

The Tigers can be had for reasonable money. The apaches are over priced (in my opinion - don't throw sh*t at me Apache fanatics)

Id be extatic to own either and wouldn't worry about running in any "runnable" water.
Old 09-23-2016, 06:14 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL, as I was typing the OP I thought my question seems Darr'ish. I'm not buying one anytime soon, i have my hands full with current projects, just curious and don't remember seeing this particular discussion.
Shawn
Old 09-23-2016, 06:46 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Tank nailed it with his comment. Accept for being overpriced as I can think of a few 41's that have sold recently for sub $90k where comparably powered Tigers seem to bring the same money. You always have outliers but the reasonable people that actually want to sell eventually get realistic with pricing.

This weekend marks 10 years we have had our 36' (dammed 41's with raised deck) and couldn't be happier with it. The fact that it is 21 years old and has 700+ hours on it says something about the build quality of these older straight bottomed boats.

Cig and Apache have same bloodlines as the Apache is just a stretched 39' squadron (at least that's how I remember the original story). 41'+ is that sweet spot where the length of the boat is enough that the length spans the waves/swells.

I'd also be happy to own either but like the history that goes with
Apaches and will always have one in my stable.

(Not sure if link will work but here is an old link with Mr. saccenti's quick version of Apache history and explains Don's/cigs involvement in original molds).
http://teamspeed.com/forums/performa...che-hulls.html

Last edited by baywatch; 09-23-2016 at 07:04 AM.
Old 09-23-2016, 07:20 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

41 Apache has the same full forward entry on the hull as a 35/38 Cigarette. 42 Cigarette has a much more "pointy" forward entry. (shared with the 46 and 50 cigarette). Most 41 Apaches are Kevlar, most 42 cigarettes are fiberglass.
Old 10-15-2016, 08:01 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Good read, thanks for sharing.
Originally Posted by baywatch
Tank nailed it with his comment. Accept for being overpriced as I can think of a few 41's that have sold recently for sub $90k where comparably powered Tigers seem to bring the same money. You always have outliers but the reasonable people that actually want to sell eventually get realistic with pricing.

This weekend marks 10 years we have had our 36' (dammed 41's with raised deck) and couldn't be happier with it. The fact that it is 21 years old and has 700+ hours on it says something about the build quality of these older straight bottomed boats.

Cig and Apache have same bloodlines as the Apache is just a stretched 39' squadron (at least that's how I remember the original story). 41'+ is that sweet spot where the length of the boat is enough that the length spans the waves/swells.

I'd also be happy to own either but like the history that goes with
Apaches and will always have one in my stable.

(Not sure if link will work but here is an old link with Mr. saccenti's quick version of Apache history and explains Don's/cigs involvement in original molds).
http://teamspeed.com/forums/performa...che-hulls.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.