Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Cigarette (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/cigarette-32/)
-   -   Team Virgin Gladiator (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/cigarette/343187-team-virgin-gladiator.html)

HOSSMAN 12-09-2016 11:09 AM

Team Virgin Gladiator

What is the scoop on this boat. Been for sale for 8-9 months now. I have contacted the owner and gone back and forth a few times. Like the boat (looks) but think it is to bare bones still maybe for the asking price (have not seen in person). Really like the Gladiators and my wife and I are really considering one for the boating we do. Anyone know more about the boat? I know it's been spun or and flipped before but so have a lot of Gladiators. Sold our 388 Hustler so just out kicking tires but would like to have something by Spring or Tickfaw this year.

Any insight as to what to look for would be great.

Thanks,
D

PigNaPoke 12-09-2016 11:31 AM

Boat looks nice. I've felt the same as you , and never contacted. That thing with some scx's and blower motors or big cube NA , would be a rocket ship

thisistank 12-09-2016 12:26 PM

I believe it was the first glad built. It replaced tres' F2 TS Gun.

I dig the boat and its sister ship (F2 TS). It is what it is. Pretty bare bones Ex race boat, with the narrow cockpit. I think the price is not too far off for what it is if it's as clean and well cared for as it appears to be. I do believe the owns or owned, the virgin MTI too.

Only other two glads that sold for near that price was the all white one that needed lots of love and chengs old glad that was stripped, had sank at one time and put back together by the dude in Texas.

HOSSMAN 12-09-2016 02:11 PM

Yeah, first Glad built and Tres' old boat. I know of a few that have sold under 80K, one with Stirling power a few years back that was clean. The cockpit is small in the boat and he does have the MTI also. The one that was in FL with the 500's and Whipples was listed at $75,900 and sold for less than that I think loaded up with goodies from what I hear and there is the one in Michigan now with the ZUL's that was bought for at or under 100. At 70-80K I think they are good buys but when you get to 100 that opens up the field to another level of boats I think. We have made offers on this boat (Virgin) a few times but even if he accepted we wonder if it's a boat that has too much history or is too bare bones to sell if we wanted to in the future given how long it's been for sale this time. Cheongs boat, which was that? That the one with the Smithpower motors?

F-2 Speedy 12-09-2016 02:21 PM

Are they under powered with 500's ?? how well do the run

HOSSMAN 12-09-2016 02:54 PM

This boat runs 90-92. Dyno numbers on the motors I was shown were 507 and 509 I believe

Cash Bar 12-09-2016 02:57 PM

I don't think that boat ever went ALL THE WAY over. It's spit out a few people(DHLAW) has a great story and it did sink to the cockpit when Bob owned it. Otherwise I have always thought it was cool. Setup as a two-man boat for awhile kept me away and now it's gotten to a good price point.

Lucky Strike Jr.(Bobby) was watching every Gladiator out there for the last year or so before he bought Hot For Teacher. I'd hit him up with a PM and see what he knows.

Good luck Dave, See you at Tickfaw.

HOSSMAN 12-09-2016 03:11 PM

Thanks for the info bud. I'll hit him up and see. I knew the boat was beaten on pretty good as most all race boats were but in most all the pix I was sent they look fairly decent for what it is.

See ya in the swamps!

Schweeng 12-11-2016 11:02 AM

I've seen the boat a few times this year....most recently at the SCOPE poker run. It looks real good floating on the water- some of the shots from the ad are from this event... I think the money is right on it - A Cig with great classic paint...runs 90 all day long...aluminum Myco..... Have fun with it for a year and sell it for the same amount ya paid for it...

Rick G 12-11-2016 12:37 PM

I am missing something. The last add I saw said it was being sold without power. Has that changed or am I mistaken ?
Rick G.