Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Cigarette (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/cigarette-32/)
-   -   Anyone know this 46 Rider? (OSO classifieds ad # 65975 by Cobra powerboats) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/cigarette/343838-anyone-know-46-rider-oso-classifieds-ad-65975-cobra-powerboats.html)

sprsptr 01-10-2017 05:01 PM

Anyone know this 46 Rider? (OSO classifieds ad # 65975 by Cobra powerboats)

Evening all, I don't know how to show the ad on this thread, sorry my kids aren't here to help me. I was curious about this 46. The price was reduced to 199k, listed in Boat Trader now. I am looking for any input on the 1,200 hp engines, seems this company has a "controversial" history on this site. Also, any history on ownership or first hand experience would be appreciated. Thanks All!

offshoredrillin 01-11-2017 07:03 AM

Supposedly the boat is in nj now, with another questionable broker. I would check to find out warranty on engines if any, and when i made some inquirys on it, i was also told to check the headers. Im not saying anything is wrong, just do the due dilligence...

sprsptr 01-11-2017 08:04 AM

Yup. The boat is in NJ with "warrantied" Cobra 1,200's. As we all know, warranty has limited credibility with some merchant's. As I posted, nervous about Cobra's reputation. I have Zul 1000's in my Tiger and they have been problem free, and there has not been a deluge of poor experiences associated with Richie Zul's efforts. To the contrary, I have never seen a post that had a negative comment associated with his work. I am inclined at this point to steer clear,and let the next guy have a shot!

PS offshoredrillin - Did have to rebuild the Stellings Headers, but still look cool!

offshoredrillin 01-11-2017 08:30 AM

the thing about Randy and cobra is he will 100% warranty his stuff, that's not an issue. the down time is (in my opinion). people use him because of his pricing and he will use used parts. I dont have a problem with that, just some people need to know the facts when they do deals. I really like that boat, and in time if its available, i may make an offr sans power as I have my own options available.

Schweeng 01-11-2017 11:50 AM

That boat is nice BUT same boat has been in classified for years....same pictures..... or at least has been for sale on and off and then on again..and then off again for ----gotta be 3+ years

offshoredrillin 01-11-2017 12:22 PM

5 years at least, the new pics on boattrader are from jersey.

sprsptr 01-11-2017 03:29 PM

Has anyone actually looked at this boat in the last 2 years? It seems like a lot of bang for the buck, I am just not in a mood to take a beating on rebuilds or new power after dropping 200k to purchase it. Also not a mechanic, so I am dependent on good folks who charge a fair price for good work. Just read too many horror stories in here!

thisistank 01-11-2017 03:56 PM

Good buy with no motors and 100k off. ;)

sprsptr 01-12-2017 09:21 PM

Agreed, Good Luck with that! Just not interested in a project.

302Sport 01-13-2017 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by sprsptr (Post 4519164)
Agreed, Good Luck with that! Just not interested in a project.

Swapping motors isn't a project lol, if your buying a boat with 1200hp blower motors and consider changing two engines a project, then I really suggest you re-evaluate purchasing something with that big of power in it.