Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Cigarette
Cabin Project.........What did I do. >

Cabin Project.........What did I do.

Notices

Cabin Project.........What did I do.

Old 12-28-2018, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 75 Likes on 31 Posts

Wow- great stuff - please keep posting pics. Reminds me of when I purchased a derelict boat that had been on a lift for 15 years - had no engines, no cockpit, no interior, and had plants growing out of the cockpit floor ..... but it was 43 feet deep vee kevlar with arnesons. BTW: wish I had a nice shop like that to make a big mess in - outstanding!
Old 12-28-2018, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 126 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Swamplizard
Wow- great stuff - please keep posting pics. Reminds me of when I purchased a derelict boat that had been on a lift for 15 years - had no engines, no cockpit, no interior, and had plants growing out of the cockpit floor ..... but it was 43 feet deep vee kevlar with arnesons. BTW: wish I had a nice shop like that to make a big mess in - outstanding!
Thanks for the nice comments. It really does give me some drive to keep pushing forward. Some times I don't want to post the pics just because I don't want negative feedback to discourage me, but so far the feedback has been great and I have taken a lot of the ideas and used them or discussed them for the build.
Old 01-13-2019, 09:10 AM
Registered

Windscreen almost done....cockpit is next...

Old 02-24-2019, 11:01 AM
Registered

Some more progress. Dash plug is almost done, windscreen is 99% done, new hatch plug getting close. The amount of time to make this stuff is epic. Bruce Jones is amazing.

Old 02-24-2019, 12:54 PM
Registered

Received 471 Likes on 367 Posts

That's some nice work
Old 02-24-2019, 01:43 PM
Registered

Received 2,970 Likes on 981 Posts

Seriously. Bad azz! Can’t wait to see it completed.
Old 02-24-2019, 02:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thisistank
Seriously. Bad azz! Can’t wait to see it completed.
me too
Old 02-25-2019, 07:12 AM
Registered

Received 431 Likes on 192 Posts

Wow, brings back memories. It's easy to go crazy on these things once you start down the path.

Going to be one of the nicest 36s (only up there with Brians, which I think Bruce did that one too? the silver one.) Very cool, will be fun to go boating with you up on the lake when you're done.
Old 02-25-2019, 09:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by frickstyle
Wow, brings back memories. It's easy to go crazy on these things once you start down the path.

Going to be one of the nicest 36s (only up there with Brians, which I think Bruce did that one too? the silver one.) Very cool, will be fun to go boating with you up on the lake when you're done.
Yes Bruce did Brian's too. He is basically an artist. I have pretty much given him free reign to do what he wants. I show him some stuff I like, some stuff I hate and then let him do his thing. I can't take credit for any of the design. That is all Bruce. I am really excited to see how the hatch turns out. I can see it in my head but we are looking at it upside down and backwards in the mold. It should be pretty unique with the scoop intakes on each side a sun pad in the middle and an inverted vent at the end of the scoops. We sort of stole some ideas from other boats and then turned them into this creation. Again I helped with the big picture but this is all on Bruce for what is being done. I can't even draw stick people.

It should turn out well. We just keep at it and changing and tweaking if it doesn't make sense. It's not perfect or exactly what intended but it should work well once its all done.

Thanks for all of the feedback it is greatly appreciated.

And I can't wait to go boating. I actually might take the fuel caps and put "401K" on one and "IRA" on the other. Hoping to burn some serious amounts of fuel.
Old 02-25-2019, 11:58 AM
Registered

Received 2,970 Likes on 981 Posts

Originally Posted by frickstyle

That silver one is absolutely beautiful! Love that thing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.