Top Gun Resto prices >

Top Gun Resto prices

Notices

Top Gun Resto prices

Old 05-21-2017, 06:06 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I have had mine for 18 years now, I just think of it as a family member. I costs money, like a family member, gives me enjoyment, I would miss it if it was gone, it's always there for me. I have never counted up what my sons cost, there were lots of dirt bikes, ski boats, cars, trucks, injuries, clothing, college, food. All of it worth every dollar. When I wanted to go a little faster, I purchased the Skater. When it's rough, out comes the Cigarette. It's always an ego trip looking over that bow.
Attached Thumbnails Top Gun Resto prices-img_1025.jpg   Top Gun Resto prices-img_0534.jpg  

Last edited by Zero Patience; 05-21-2017 at 06:10 AM.
Old 05-21-2017, 02:22 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff32
You are not allowed to!!!!
Yeah I know
Old 02-27-2018, 07:05 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Absolute waste of money. If someone is going to dive that deep into a project they could've picked up the cheapest TG they could find and save the transom and engine rerig issues.

Not to mention its almost blasphemes to do that to such a rare and cherished boat.
Fatboy has been rescued from a dismal fate and is now . . . . once again . . . a fully staggered Topgun . . . . its at its very early stages of being returned to the exacting specifications of what it once was. I just converted it back to a stagger for Mitch and his body shop is gonna take it from there, I removed 100% of all that shop did to it and then some (worst glass work i have EVER seen). Mitch was very excited to have the boat back and trust me he is absolutely dedicated to bringing it back to its full former glory, I'm excited for the guy and glad to have been part of the process.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 02-27-2018, 07:24 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
Fatboy has been rescued from a dismal fate and is now . . . . once again . . . a fully staggered Topgun . . . . its at its very early stages of being returned to the exacting specifications of what it once was. I just converted it back to a stagger for Mitch and his body shop is gonna take it from there, I removed 100% of all that shop did to it and then some (worst glass work i have EVER seen). Mitch was very excited to have the boat back and trust me he is absolutely dedicated to bringing it back to its full former glory, I'm excited for the guy and glad to have been part of the process.

awesome!! Do we get to see pics of this progress??
Old 02-27-2018, 07:58 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank

awesome!! Do we get to see pics of this progress??
in two weeks, lol
Old 02-27-2018, 08:12 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
in two weeks, lol
oh no he d'int! . . . lol
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 02-27-2018, 08:23 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
yea buddy! She’s gonna be sweet again!!! You should build a all business 38 gun for yourself one day ..
Old 02-27-2018, 09:58 PM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 77 Posts

so did we ever come to a conclusion what a proper redone gun can be worth?

Frick- What are you going to list yours for if you sell it? I know the boat dave built was SICK. but seemed under powered. yours with the 5s is what a gun should have! what kind of money I'm curious. I'm building one right now my carbon boat. (its kicking my ass with all the other work I have) but its getting some 580ci blower motors. all new. blocks, heads, internals, etc etc etc. I'm just curious where this boat will fall. I think the owner will keep it forever. But curiosity has got me
Old 02-27-2018, 10:22 PM
Registered

Received 790 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by 315duramax
so did we ever come to a conclusion what a proper redone gun can be worth?

Frick- What are you going to list yours for if you sell it? I know the boat dave built was SICK. but seemed under powered. yours with the 5s is what a gun should have! what kind of money I'm curious. I'm building one right now my carbon boat. (its kicking my ass with all the other work I have) but its getting some 580ci blower motors. all new. blocks, heads, internals, etc etc etc. I'm just curious where this boat will fall. I think the owner will keep it forever. But curiosity has got me
there will never be a set price or a formula to answer what you are asking. Way too many factors. Year, quality of restore, engines, drives, buyer, etc. anyone will be lucky to get 0.50 on the dollar spent if done correctly.
Old 02-28-2018, 04:45 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by 1MOSES1

there will never be a set price or a formula to answer what you are asking. Way too many factors. Year, quality of restore, engines, drives, buyer, etc. anyone will be lucky to get 0.50 on the dollar spent if done correctly.
I agree with this, every single one is different, just like classic cars.... some like simple and clean, others like crazy and wild.... biggest issue is once you crest a 90-100,000 asking price MOST will just go after a T/S at that point, especially because financing a late 80's to early 90's gun for 100,000 is not likely.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.