What model is that? What is wrong here?

Notices

What model is that? What is wrong here?

Old 05-20-2019, 06:10 PM
Registered

Received 3,019 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by Rogue One
1st wanted to introduce myself.
My name is Tarek, from Barcelona. 41 years old and Proud owner of this Cigarette Top Gun 38. 92.
This is my 2nd Cigarrette as previously had a 35’ Cafe Racer. Must say that i’m never into forums, specialy after reading all this comments. Been almost 2 years since i left Social Networks and after this picture. The other day i was with this girl which she told me that she saw some pics of my bike in google, as i also love Motorcycles. While i was cheking what she said i unfortunately saw this post.. we started reading all this comments and then we start talking about it. Why people just talk **** without even knowing. This supposed to be a forum of a passion that we all share no matter from where we are. This is for all the people that posted here: Maybe my Cigarette is not as fast as yours, maybe is not as badass as yours, maybe it doesn’t sound as good as yours, maybe my anchor setup sucks, maybe my tan interior looks ugly, maybe my seats are not as nice as yours, maybe my paint job is not as good as yours. Maybe my fat GF is not as good looking than yours, and a long etc.. but did you ask yourself if i like it? I just came from Miami a couple of months ago and bought a pair of 525EFI, and new Merc SeaCore trims as i had old Mercury carbs. Just spend 90.000eur on it. You all know perfectly how expensive this hobby is. I’m not a millionare, having this Cigarette is a dream for me. So yes, after reading all this bull**** i just had to give my point of view. At least “thisistank” had some nice words! Thank you all for your nice respect. This is the reason why i don’t like forums, no matter what country it is, if it’s about boats, cars, motorcycles etc, it’s always the same bunch of people insulting and having a lack of respect for somebody that maybe has more passion than many of themselves.

“Musthave1”

You said: i try not to comment on the owner.

Do you have any problem with me? Do you know me?

Thank you all for your kind words.
Nice Forum!

Hey Tarek, don't get discouraged. I think the only thing that could of even remotely been taken as negative was from Interceptor and I'm positive he was just joking around. I guess the original poster (and me actually) like the stock bolster seats better. But hey, everyone has an opinion and you know the saying about opinions right? TxHawk (Matt) comment on the anchor isn't negative at all. Weight hanging over the bow like that can really affect not only how the boat can sit in the water but really affect the performance and center of gravity. I know in my Top Gun, I tried storing my anchor under the V-birth at the front of the bow and it completely messed with the CG. Running down to the Keys in my buddies Tiger we couldn't put the luggage in the front of the vee birth because it would cause the boat to porpoise.

All the interest in this thread is because everyone that posted loves Cigarettes and likes seeing different stuff from around the world and trying to figure out what's what.

It's all love brotha. Nice Cig. I really do love the color combo. So sexy.

My daughter will be in Ibiza in June before heading to bologna Italy to hang with another OSO cigarette owner. Her fiancé owns a pretty well known performance boat shop in Lake Havasu, Az. (www.barrettcustommarine.com). If you're near Ibiza and want a few shirts, let me know.

Tank

Last edited by thisistank; 05-20-2019 at 07:20 PM.
Old 05-20-2019, 07:31 PM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Old 05-20-2019, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank

Hey Tarek, don't get discouraged. I think the only thing that could of even remotely been taken as negative was from Interceptor and I'm positive he was just joking around. I guess the original poster (and me actually) like the stock bolster seats better. But hey, everyone has an opinion and you know the saying about opinions right? TxHawk (Matt) comment on the anchor isn't negative at all. Weight hanging over the bow like that can really affect not only how the boat can sit in the water but really affect the performance and center of gravity. I know in my Top Gun, I tried storing my anchor under the V-birth at the front of the bow and it completely messed with the CG. Running down to the Keys in my buddies Tiger we couldn't put the luggage in the front of the vee birth because it would cause the boat to porpoise.

All the interest in this thread is because everyone that posted loves Cigarettes and likes seeing different stuff from around the world and trying to figure out what's what.

It's all love brotha. Nice Cig. I really do love the color combo. So sexy.

My daughter will be in Ibiza in June before heading to bologna Italy to hang with another OSO cigarette owner. Her fiancé owns a pretty well known performance boat shop in Lake Havasu, Az. (www.barrettcustommarine.com). If you're near Ibiza and want a few shirts, let me know.

Tank
Tank to the rescue! Your always keeping the peace the land of cigs!!! Different note, did an anchor really mess up the ride that mutch?
Old 05-20-2019, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 3,019 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by J-Bonz

Tank to the rescue! Your always keeping the peace the land of cigs!!! Different note, did an anchor really mess up the ride that mutch?

Lol. It comes naturally.

Dude! Yes! It was crazy. Of course it was a pretty heavy anchor and a big bag of chain. In flat water BIG difference! Same running Tim’s old tiger (the green yellow purple #6 boat) down to key west. Tried putting all the luggage up past the zippered bulkhead. Oaf! Boat did NOT like that at all! Lesson learned - less weight out front the better.
Old 05-20-2019, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

I know weight displacement in a small boat can have a big impact.. I never experienced that with our gun. Then again all bags were placed on the cabin floor since they would end up there anyway.... lol
Old 05-20-2019, 08:47 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

I think you're being too sensitive. Spend some time here, its the greatest group of people around and very few entitled millionaires. It's mostly hard working guys with a passion for cigs and most do their own work. Give it a chance....
Old 05-21-2019, 07:27 AM
Registered

Received 790 Likes on 372 Posts

I just re read the whole thread...I think there was maybe one comment that could be taken as negative. Need some thicker skin rogue one...I think the boat looks cool. Good luck with the new power.
Old 05-21-2019, 08:08 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

I've never seen boats docked this way. Is this a local thing ? European as a hole thing ? I think it would make e nervous for a bit.
Old 05-21-2019, 06:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 619 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
I've never seen boats docked this way. Is this a local thing ? European as a hole thing ? I think it would make e nervous for a bit.
Very common in Europe. imagine docking like that with a yacht. they all do
Old 05-21-2019, 07:47 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

Yep ^^^^ anchor out the front then back the boat in and secure with a couple of stern ropes. Hence the anchor/winch is a necessity. Most larger yachts/cruiser also have a hydraulic passarelle (gangway) comes out the transom for boarding.

Rogue One, don't worry too much about a negative comment, everyone has different tastes and needs. I don't think anyone here would intentionally try to be offensive, it's a great forum with a good knowledgeable group of boat lovers. If someone doesn't like your boat, it probably means he's jealous.

Hope you can join in, I always like to read input from outside the U.S. too.

RR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.