Oops, went shopping 91 Top Gun

Old 10-18-2017, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 239 Likes on 92 Posts

Congrats Tim, looks nice! enjoy!
Old 10-18-2017, 09:48 AM
Registered

Received 2,967 Likes on 981 Posts

Congrats! I remember when that boat was painted (there's pics floating around OSO somewhere). You're gonna love that cabin! I've always said, best cabin in a performance boat in its class.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:04 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by frickstyle
Cool, saw Ronnie's videos on IG, how's she handle the rough stuff compared to the Mistress? (Looked a little bow happy, only complaint I have. Although I seem to have a better handle on how they like to run now, they are certainly a "drivers" boat).
yes for sure different I can't even compare the 2, totally different animals, lake was good 3-5's or so yesterday fordtn5 minutes I owned boat we went out in it after I said "we will stay in beeakwall today while I learn boat" ya ok.... doing 45 or so it was bouncy haha ten the second trip hour later I ran 60-65 and it was great! Mistress busts through the waves this one rides on top and will cone out of the water, those 380 planes are amazing ice I started to see what it liked...
Old 10-18-2017, 10:06 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by thisistank
Congrats! I remember when that boat was painted (there's pics floating around OSO somewhere). You're gonna love that cabin! I've always said, best cabin in a performance boat in its class.
I would love to see what it used to be, I know it came from New York, there's people that say it went under at a dock years ago, no proof yet nor do I really care, boat is great and will be better as I fix things up it needs!
Old 10-18-2017, 10:07 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by cigrocket
Good Luck! Harvey's old boat. It originally came from my Neck of the woods in Upstate NY. I sold Harvey a Transmission and a Replacement TRS drive before he did the TRS conversion to Konrads. He did the conversion shortly after I did mine on the Old Mistress. If those were Harvey's original 555CI motors, they were nice pieces and ran great with Top Dollar Parts. Just for my Info, why are you removing that power?
my engines make some more power, and built by me and after all the bs and $ I'm keeping them lol

I thought about keeping his and adding boost, Frickstyle and I decided that's a bad idea the konrads won't take what I would do then.. there are great parts in these engines but mine do also.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:09 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Congrats! Hopefully this boat/build stays drama free.
god me too!! I'm over it all!
Old 10-18-2017, 10:09 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I welcome any info or threads about the boat before Harvey had it... I researched and read everything he ever posted about it after he got it..(Harvey) super nice guy to deal with it was very cool to dr
Old 10-18-2017, 10:12 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by thisistank
I absolutely love the cabin it's so huge compared to the mistress
Old 10-18-2017, 10:13 AM
Registered

Received 431 Likes on 192 Posts

Yeah, by drivers boat I mean that it takes a lot of input to make it happy, and I have to throttle with my setup to keep it from kiting if you want to run with the tabs loosened up. I remember riding on your Mistress, quite different. This hull runs best over 70mph, water permitting, anything under that takes a lot of adjustment and porpoise. How did those engines run? 72 you said? Wonder what the diff will be with your engines, how much HP diff? Those are bigger cubes, right? Cam change on current (j/k) How much did the Mistress weigh? What pitch props on the Konrads and what rpm did it pull to top end? Just curious as I was working on that drive setup before I changed everything.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 431 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
I thought about keeping his and adding boost, Frickstyle and I decided that's a bad idea the konrads won't take what I would do then.. there are great parts in these engines but mine do also.
I was going to run 850-900hp thru them w/572s & a 420 MegeBlower. You could add centrifugal and go up to 850-875? Konrads might run a little faster than SSM? Less frictional losses/weight?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.