Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Cigarette (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/cigarette-32/)
-   -   End of the road.... bought a 1987 Hawk Gun! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/cigarette/350803-end-road-bought-1987-hawk-gun.html)

Full Force 11-12-2017 06:17 AM

End of the road.... bought a 1987 Hawk Gun!

14 Attachment(s)
Oops went shopping.... again LOL, the last 2 were stepping stones to get where I am now.... nothing comes without hard work... I could go newer but to be honest I can care less... I have a sweet rare boat with Speedmaster drives... Kevlar layup and rough water ready boat is a 1987 it is have the same owner since 1990 I am the third owner....has 548" tall decks with dominators, not sure if I am swapping power with mine yet... super cool boat never destroyed or touched, still has factory gauges and steering wheel!! needs TLC but shes rock solid and exactly what I was looking for, been sitting on this one since April while I entertained other options, those options got me to where I am now and at the end of the day I wanted a heavier layup and speedmasters... I can go run this the way I like to....

Thx for the help Ryan (Sonic700) here for helping make this deal happen... time to get to work!!!!

BBYSTWY 11-12-2017 06:34 AM

Very cool!!! Congrats man that's awesome!!

Stewart

sprsptr 11-12-2017 06:43 AM

Bud, It's not the end of the road, it is the beginning of the journey! Congrats on your purchase, very cool, love that the Hawk insignias are still intact, grew up lusting after "Hawk Power" 38 that was local. Enjoy!

vintage chromoly 11-12-2017 07:37 AM

Keep the tall deck hawk engines!
No modifications to the exhaust needed.
Better parts in the bottom end.
better intake and carb.
more room to grow CI wise in the future with the tall decks.

i really like the colors and the cleanliness of the rigging too.

lucky strike 11-12-2017 08:06 AM

Nice......Congrats!

jeff32 11-12-2017 08:52 AM

Congrats! How did you buy a boat that was nit even listed? Nice looking rig!

phragle 11-12-2017 09:01 AM

Sweet!!!

Rick G 11-12-2017 09:18 AM

Congrats Tim , nice ride . You mentioned it being a heavier lay up . I have an 85 Flat Deck Kevlar cig and I found the boat to be real solid but in fact a little lighter . Curious to see what you find out . Also does the 87 gun have the notch in the hull or did that come the following year . Cheers Rick G.

Padraig 11-12-2017 09:20 AM

Very Very Nice!

Congrats and have fun.

Padraig

Full Force 11-12-2017 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Rick G (Post 4593281)
Congrats Tim , nice ride . You mentioned it being a heavier lay up . I have an 85 Flat Deck Kevlar cig and I found the boat to be real solid but in fact a little lighter . Curious to see what you find out . Also does the 87 gun have the notch in the hull or did that come the following year . Cheers Rick G.

Thx bud! I guess what I mean heavier layup as more then he 91 I had here... thicker glass and more bulkheads..