Opinions on my Cig >

Opinions on my Cig

Notices

Opinions on my Cig

Old 10-24-2018, 06:16 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Opinions on my Cig

ive got a very early classic 35 mistress. It is well preserved and quite original. The early ones are quite cool boats. They have the black windscreen triple hatches and the full teak/ mahogany interior. It’s been re repowered with 502s but aside from that the dash paint and interior are all original...
. I can’t decide whether to update the paint and colour scheme to something more classy but tasteful not flames tribal etc,, think more “playboy” or just leave as is. Although the stripes are classic it is very dated.
These “series 1” boats from the 70s are rare think maybe 4 or 5 still around. Jim in Michigan has one which I looked at and he restored beautifully...
it also has just the chrome sticks that have gear and power in one. Is that standard or was there an option?
Old 10-24-2018, 06:57 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

Sounds like a cool old school boat. Some will say modern graphics destroy the integrity of it's pedigree but I think most will say go for it. If the boat was a dedicated 'one of' collectors piece or ex race boat with a long history it might be different.

Do it tastefully and like you say, avoid the garish tribal stuff or anything overdone. No reason why an older boat can't have a stylish paint job that doesn't detract from what's under the surface. Timeless colors, a couple of accent stripes that accentuate the length and you're good to go.
Just my opinion......... post up pics if you go ahead.

RR

Old 10-24-2018, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Let’s see some pics! My early vote would keep it original....
Old 10-24-2018, 11:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 151 Likes on 77 Posts

Here's my '82 35 mistress that was totally redone and updated..........new interior and new 572 efi's
Old 10-25-2018, 05:22 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

I prefer old school in the older boats, they just do not look right "updated" and many go too far, to me less is more...

This is about as updated I would go personally...
Old 10-25-2018, 06:51 AM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

Timeless look ^^^^ Today, Tomorrow and 5 or 10 years from now it still will be clean, classy and grabs your attention.
Old 10-25-2018, 07:30 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Less is best. Keep it old school. Simple is the way to go as the lines of the boat speak for themself.
Old 10-25-2018, 09:59 AM
Registered

Received 394 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by J-Bonz
Let’s see some pics! My early vote would keep it original....
I'm with Jack on this. I have a 1969 Tahiti Jet that is TOTALLY original and in very nice condition. I've been tempted to paint the original gelcoat because although it still shines it isn't perfect. Here's the thing...........it's only original once, after you start changing things the originality is lost. Just my opinion.
Old 10-25-2018, 02:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 171 Likes on 86 Posts

Another vote for, Less is more.
Old 10-25-2018, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

In car and motorcycle circles on note worthy models the real patina from years of use sells. I'd stay with what paint scheme it has or redo the original. Flames, typhoon swirls or some dumb action theme on a historic boat leads to depreciated value. ed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.