Help me understand gun pricing >

Help me understand gun pricing

Notices

Help me understand gun pricing

Old 04-27-2019, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 433 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by Drock78
Performance Boat Center had a T/S Gun with outdated paint, 500 hour 525's(fresh top ends), sitting on a sub par I-beam trailer listed for $210k! I find it really hard to believe that a 15 year old boat that IMO is ready for about $70k of work is worth that.
that's someone who can't understand depreciation, who still may owe on a note, and/or tells their significant other "well, I put it up for sale..." so they can still go boating! (this is all just my opinion and the first one or two may be a little harsh. All in good humor)

Originally Posted by JaayTeee
You might want to wish for a Sanders presidency then
OUCH! What are our picks here;
1. Creepy touchy Biden
2. Creepy grabby Trump
3. "Give me all your stuff" Bernie

hmmm... How did this spin to politics so fast?
Old 04-27-2019, 11:08 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 250 Likes on 126 Posts

Figured they would get drug in at some point(politics) lol

creepy grabby trump
Old 04-27-2019, 11:15 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 5 Posts

It can always spin into politics. LOL I too find it amazing the price of a TG compared to a Tiger, that's why I bought a Tiger when I was looking, and am very glad I did, just for the ride alone!
Old 04-27-2019, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by BBYSTWY
That's true...but I have a hard time offering something WELL below asking...never been much of a wheeler dealer in that aspect haha
I have no problem low balling the price when you're dealing in the quarter million dollar range and used also consider many owners tend to disregard maintenance as they lose interest in the boat. The worst thing that can happen is the seller says something bad about you or your family and hangs up.
Old 04-27-2019, 11:27 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

My point is that the economy is good, things are selling... there’s only 2 TS’s in the classifieds that have been in there for any length of time ( the 700 boat and the odd duck with the B3’s and joystick). I don’t see these things going down in price unless Times get tough
Old 04-27-2019, 11:28 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

hahaha I guess that's true....so hypothetically if a boats listed for say 165k...what's a good starting point...100? 110? assuming its as the one listed before 01 T/S with wore out 500's or 525's?? Just trying to gain some knowledge in that area as well if something were to pop up..don't want to insult anyone but at the end of the day a boat that needs a lot of work should go for a lot cheaper than that I would think?
Old 04-27-2019, 11:42 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,051 Likes on 1,357 Posts

hahaha I guess that's true....so hypothetically if a boats listed for say 165k...what's a good starting point...100? 110? assuming its as the one listed before 01 T/S with wore out 500's or 525's?? Just trying to gain some knowledge in that area as well if something were to pop up..don't want to insult anyone but at the end of the day a boat that needs a lot of work should go for a lot cheaper than that I would think?
Seriously, I think youd get your A$$ kicked ...............
Old 04-27-2019, 11:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 157 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by frickstyle
that's someone who can't understand depreciation, who still may owe on a note, and/or tells their significant other "well, I put it up for sale..." so they can still go boating! (this is all just my opinion and the first one or two may be a little harsh. All in good humor)

OUCH! What are our picks here;
1. Creepy touchy Biden
2. Creepy grabby Trump
3. "Give me all your stuff" Bernie

hmmm... How did this spin to politics so fast?
The boat Dock78 is talking about has already been sold. I know how much it sold for, and it wasn't that far off of the $209,950 asking price. I think recently people have realized how great of an all around boat a 38 Top Gun T/S is and people are holding on to them....which brings the whole supply VS demand and why the prices have not dropped. Again, go ride in one and you'll see what everyone talks about.

This is just my opinion but....you could try offering that much less to a dealer but no private individual sets his asking price so he can take $50,000 less on a $150-160k boat. I also seriously doubt PBC sets there prices so they can negotiate $50,000 on similar priced boats. If you think the boat is that much overpriced just wait and see if it comes down. I think all your going to do by offering a private individual that much less is a dial-tone. My advice to you is to wait until you see a boat your interested in that is priced right and jump on it. The days of seeing $100,000 38 T/S are long gone.
Old 04-27-2019, 12:01 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Well that was my point...I personally would never do that but when I hear the term "lowball" offer being thrown around this is what I think of lol
Old 04-27-2019, 12:08 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

https://www.nadaguides.com/Boats/2001/Cigarette-Racing-Team-Inc/TOP-GUN-38-TS-OS/10042067/values

this is what a bank is going to see....so the difference from 100k to the price...assume 60-70k is going to have to be put down?? I don't see a bank loaning 175% on a 17 year old boat..not saying its not worth it but how would this work??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.