Firefox Advise Requested >

Firefox Advise Requested

Notices

Firefox Advise Requested

Old 08-05-2019, 09:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Firefox Advise Requested

I am a newbie to this forum and am looking for insight as to the value of our boat.

Hubby and I have a custom built Cigarette Firefox that several people are interested in buying. It is black with red interior, has only been on fresh water, under cover and on a lift when not in use.

We are the original owners and the boat has 430 hours total time.

Since there were so few of them built, have been having a hard time finding a fair market value.

I do not yet have enough posts to add photos, but am working on it.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks, auntiemame
Old 08-07-2019, 09:51 AM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Based on info you provided I'd put the value somewhere between $20K-70K, the difference being how much have you spent improving the boat in the last 10 years and the quality of the work done.

What kind of motor?
What kind of improvements have been made in the last 10 years?
Transom replaced?
Fuel tanks/fuel system replaced?
Wiring updated?
Drives replaced?
Transom assembly replaced?
What kind of shape is the paint in?
What kind of shape is the trailer in?

Last edited by TexomaPowerboater; 08-07-2019 at 09:54 AM.
Old 08-07-2019, 10:32 AM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

What hasn't been replaced and upgraded + a high(er) hour hour/ possibly tired engine is what depreciates any boat quickly.

You can drop $80K in rebuilding a $50K boat that only sells for less than $40K... it comes down to how bad does someone want the boat and how solid it is.

Unfortunately a "unique" or low production run boat does not equate to a classic car in the least.

Last edited by speicher lane; 08-07-2019 at 10:35 AM.
Old 08-07-2019, 01:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Based on info you provided I'd put the value somewhere between $20K-70K, the difference being how much have you spent improving the boat in the last 10 years and the quality of the work done.

What kind of motor?
What kind of improvements have been made in the last 10 years?
Transom replaced?
Fuel tanks/fuel system replaced?
Wiring updated?
Drives replaced?
Transom assembly replaced?
What kind of shape is the paint in?
What kind of shape is the trailer in?
Everything is original except the engine. It was replaced with a custom built engine with premium components, forged pistons, forged crank, carillo rods, dart manifold, etc. (Parts list available.) The engine was built to be reliable, which it has been. Dyno at 565 HP. Approximately 200 hours on the this engine. Cost of this engine was about $25,000.00
The boat as a whole is in excellent condition.
Because it was stored under cover and on a lift, the only thing that might be required is a wax job.
Old 08-07-2019, 02:09 PM
Registered

It's early in the day, there are a few from around the US that know these boats well as they were past owners and can chime in on their thoughts..

FWIW - you need 10 posts before you can post pics... and pics would help define the value and maybe find a new owner on here -

Cool early cig!
Old 08-07-2019, 02:12 PM
Registered

How does your Cig compare to this one? No affiliation just know the posting was there and it was a full refurb for the money...

www.powerboatlistings.com/view/31582
Old 08-07-2019, 03:08 PM
Registered

Thanks for all the input. This is all new to me.
Old 08-07-2019, 03:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by auntiemame
Everything is original except the engine. It was replaced with a custom built engine with premium components, forged pistons, forged crank, carillo rods, dart manifold, etc. (Parts list available.) The engine was built to be reliable, which it has been. Dyno at 565 HP. Approximately 200 hours on the this engine. Cost of this engine was about $25,000.00
The boat as a whole is in excellent condition.
Because it was stored under cover and on a lift, the only thing that might be required is a wax job.
Sorry, forgot the last question.

No trailer.
Old 08-09-2019, 10:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by speicher lane
How does your Cig compare to this one? No affiliation just know the posting was there and it was a full refurb for the money...

www.powerboatlistings.com/view/31582
Ours is black with red interior.

HP is 565 compared to 700 HP.
Old 08-09-2019, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Most guys here will hesitate to put a value on anything, but I'm at $25-35K in my opinion. It's unique boat for sure, but its also pretty old. Most all of the major components that have not been replaced are at the end of their life. The problem is that it takes a special buyer to want to put that kind of money into it as they can buy a newer bigger and faster turn key boat with less headache for the same kind of money.

$40K might be a good starting point to feel out the buyers. Lower the price until you start generating a lot of interest, then you know it's priced right.

Last edited by TexomaPowerboater; 08-09-2019 at 01:01 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.