Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Cigarette (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/cigarette-32/)
-   -   Moving from Ozarks to Texas? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/cigarette/362245-moving-ozarks-texas.html)

Metalguy38 08-05-2019 09:29 AM

Moving from Ozarks to Texas?

Im posting this in the Cig forum as well...

I have a big career opportunity near Wichita, Falls. We currently live in middle Missouri near Lake Ozark. I have a cigarette Top Gun we keep on the 3mm. I have a trailer and the lift would go with me as well. My wife is a barrel racer so we are looking for near lake front with the possibility of having 3 horses.

I have never been to Texas. Is there any big lakes similar to Lake Ozark where a mini ranch on or near big lake waterfront is possible? In a perfect world the dock would a short drive or possibly a golf cart ride away from the house/ranch. Would like to be within an hour of major city. Exist?

Quinlan 08-05-2019 09:32 AM

Don't think there is much in that part of Fexas

20outlaw 08-05-2019 10:25 AM

Check out Possum Kingdom Lake but think you'll be a little farther than a 1 hr out.

Metalguy38 08-05-2019 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by 20outlaw (Post 4700393)
Check out Possum Kingdom Lake but think you'll be a little farther than a 1 hr out.

I was told Possum is too small for a 38’?

HOSSMAN 08-05-2019 05:24 PM

There isn't anything size wise like LOTO... closest is Lake Travis down South here or Texoma up North. PK is big enough for a 38 no problem... of course its a puddle compared to what you are used to but plenty of big boats there. We boat Canyon Lake which is small and there's a 47 Beak out there and a few others that trailer in and run...again, not big but definitely big enough for what you have. Welcome to TX!

endeavor1 08-05-2019 06:30 PM

I used to live in Wichita Falls. I have taken my 43 several times to PK to my in-laws lake house. No problem there, just not much to do besides hells gate. I did keep my boat at Texoma for several years and I really enjoyed that lake. Beaches, other go fasts, a few places on the water to eat, drink. That’s where I would be headed if I were you. Boat Hut is a great storage place near Highport Marina.

Btw, make sure you hit up the Eskimo Hut in WCF for a drink to go and the Branding Iron for bbq. You’ll thank me :ernaehrung004:

bajaholic 08-06-2019 08:37 AM

Pretty sure this is why we see so many Texas plates at LOTO... Keep the boat here and commute... Remember: Weekender's have WAY more fun!

TexomaPowerboater 08-06-2019 10:03 AM

You can keep the boats, I'll stick around those Texan girls.

endeavor1 08-06-2019 11:11 PM

:

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater (Post 4700611)
You can keep the boats, I'll stick around those Texan girls.

I found a keeper in Wichita Falls :bananalove:

Metalguy38 08-12-2019 05:49 PM

Thanks for the info!

Sounds like Texoma will be our focus for now.

anyone in the metal/fabrication/welding/manufacturing industry?