Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Cigarette (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/cigarette-32/)
-   -   Cig hatch latches (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/cigarette/362549-cig-hatch-latches.html)

seafordguy 08-21-2019 08:50 PM

Cig hatch latches

anyone know where to get these. I assumed they were Perko but can't find them. These are the threaded locks with the plastic black handle that hold the hatches down from inside the cabin...

seafordguy 08-21-2019 09:00 PM

Found them. Under deck hardware.

$40 bucks a piece!!!!!!!!

Anyone got 2 lying around at a more reasonable price?

Alwhite00 08-22-2019 10:08 AM

Got a picture?

payuppsucker 08-22-2019 10:45 AM

I need a couple too but at $40 a pop I'll keep using what I opted for when I couldn't locate them with is a stainless coupling nut. Just have to keep a wrench handy.

payuppsucker 08-22-2019 10:51 AM

Eric, why couldn't we use something like this along with a piece of tubing as a spacer?

https://www.grainger.com/product/3GE...!469717995536!

payuppsucker 08-22-2019 11:07 AM

Here ya go. I'm pretty sure the bolts are 1/4-20 threads.

https://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shop...olt_clamp.html

thisistank 08-22-2019 11:31 AM

I ordered a couple sets of latches that were broken as well as some shock mounts, shocks, cooler latch, glove box latch, etc etc in a bulk order from Phil (Lipship). That little stuff drives me crazy if it's not working. I want to be able to open the hatches in the cabin and have the glove box latch when I close it, etc. All the OG stuff on the cigs is Perko. You can't beat the quality, fit, finish and feel of Perko stuff. ****s expensive because it's made in America right in the factory in Florida since '61. 4th generation family owned business since 1907. Spend the money once and be done.

payuppsucker 08-22-2019 02:39 PM

How bout you order all the **** we need from Philly and hook us up with your dealer cost homie?

F-2 Speedy 08-22-2019 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by payuppsucker (Post 4703280)
How bout you order all the **** we need from Philly and hook us up with your dealer cost homie?

Yaaa, Homie...:D.....he probably gets free shipping to.............:poopoo:............jk Tankster.

seafordguy 08-22-2019 06:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by payuppsucker (Post 4703258)
Here ya go. I'm pretty sure the bolts are 1/4-20 threads.

Attachment 576471

Man, those look nice. I might try 4 of those....!!

thisistank 08-22-2019 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by payuppsucker (Post 4703280)

LOL....Dude, I'm the guy that's always on the hunt for a good deal and cheap pricing but in the big scheme of things, these things aren't THAT much money and it's the little attention to details like that, that stick out like a sore thumb if they're busted or you used some off brand cheaper stuff.

thisistank 08-22-2019 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy (Post 4703284)
Yaaa, Homie...:D.....he probably gets free shipping to.............:poopoo:............jk Tankster.

LOL...I paid for shipping!:D

speicher lane 08-22-2019 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by thisistank (Post 4703300)
LOL....Dude, I'm the guy that's always on the hunt for a good deal and cheap pricing but in the big scheme of things, these things aren't THAT much money and it's the little attention to details like that, that stick out like a sore thumb if they're busted or you used some off brand cheaper stuff.

That's my thinking.. he bought the Cig not a Bayliner... Perko has a pretty good reputation for holding up but it isn't indestructible....Sh*tty hardware is like putting 3.0L in your boat and trying to pass it off as one of the Offshore Cig Family (And I'm not talking about 3.0L Whipples).

payuppsucker 08-22-2019 10:02 PM

Tell ya what bro, let’s hear that talk after you’ve spent $60k on motors and **** in less than a year.
At some point you gotta stop the bleeding.

seafordguy 08-22-2019 10:19 PM

If you'd have bought my boat I could spring for the Perko bits.....

payuppsucker 08-22-2019 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by speicher lane (Post 4703326)
That's my thinking.. he bought the Cig not a Bayliner... Perko has a pretty good reputation for holding up but it isn't indestructible....Sh*tty hardware is like putting 3.0L in your boat and trying to pass it off as one of the Offshore Cig Family (And I'm not talking about 3.0L Whipples).

I am not gonna blast you SL because I know you are solid and I always respect your opinions, however I just phoned Tank and blasted him to get it off my chest. 😂
And Kelly told me she loved me before we hung up 😍

speicher lane 08-23-2019 06:30 AM

I have NO PORBLEM in the least with anyone trying to save money (and thank you for not ripping me a new one) but I have looked after a lot of high end clients with high end toys as well as my own. The Perkos last for X years but they are mechanical and so prone to fail... Cig used these hatches/harware for a reason and its not to capitalize on Perko making $40 on a replacement piece year down the road - they work and not bulky (And most Perko products stay in their catalogue for years + its a 30sec replacement process with a few screws in the factory holes)

Apologies for the 3.0L it was on the extreme side. CIg is a great boat, always has been but, IMHO - dropping solid money on engines & upkeep YTY for reliability, readily drop a few hundred $$$ on fuel for a weekend and then saying no way to good (visually compact) hardware (that has lasted for years) is like seriously??? again no offense - just the way I deal with long term repairs and spending my $$$ once if at all possible.

Or.. someone "makes" a latch "work" but it leaks - ruins the interior... how much $$$ was saved? or... another way to look at it, you would spend that much at the liquor store for entertaining and everyone just whizzes that investment off the swim platform

offshoredrillin 08-23-2019 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by payuppsucker (Post 4703334)

Tell ya what bro, let’s hear that talk after you’ve spent $60k on motors and **** in less than a year.
At some point you gotta stop the bleeding.

ohhhh i got that beat:bananalove:

payuppsucker 08-23-2019 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by speicher lane (Post 4703357)
I have NO PORBLEM in the least with anyone trying to save money (and thank you for not ripping me a new one) but I have looked after a lot of high end clients with high end toys as well as my own. The Perkos last for X years but they are mechanical and so prone to fail... Cig used these hatches/harware for a reason and its not to capitalize on Perko making $40 on a replacement piece year down the road - they work and not bulky (And most Perko products stay in their catalogue for years + its a 30sec replacement process with a few screws in the factory holes)

Apologies for the 3.0L it was on the extreme side. CIg is a great boat, always has been but, IMHO - dropping solid money on engines & upkeep YTY for reliability, readily drop a few hundred $$$ on fuel for a weekend and then saying no way to good (visually compact) hardware (that has lasted for years) is like seriously??? again no offense - just the way I deal with long term repairs and spending my $$$ once if at all possible.

Or.. someone "makes" a latch "work" but it leaks - ruins the interior... how much $$$ was saved? or... another way to look at it, you would spend that much at the liquor store for entertaining and everyone just whizzes that investment off the swim platform

Ok, you really put things in perspective for me when you mentioned the liquor store.
I could cut my IPA intake by fifty percent and buy hatch latches for everyone that has posted here the first two weeks. 😂

thisistank 08-23-2019 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by seafordguy (Post 4703337)

If you'd have bought my boat I could spring for the Perko bits.....

LOL, yours was on the short list. Still no luck? Man, I'd think that thing would've been long sold.

thisistank 08-23-2019 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by payuppsucker (Post 4703339)

I am not gonna blast you SL because I know you are solid and I always respect your opinions, however I just phoned Tank and blasted him to get it off my chest. 😂
And Kelly told me she loved me before we hung up 😍

I thought you just called because you missed my voice. And you were like 4 whiskeys in :kiss:

thisistank 08-23-2019 11:45 AM

Just so everyone knows, Kelly's just frustrated right at this moment. Soon, he'll be all smiles and big waves to everyone as he's blasting down the water. Then, while kickin back in the cove he's gonna look over at a hatch latch and be like, "Sh*t, I need to order some perko latches, these are a little dull." LOL ;)

payuppsucker 08-23-2019 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by thisistank (Post 4703438)
Just so everyone knows, Kelly's just frustrated right at this moment. Soon, he'll be all smiles and big waves to everyone as he's blasting down the water. Then, while kickin back in the cove he's gonna look over at a hatch latch and be like, "Sh*t, I need to order some perko latches, these are a little dull." LOL ;)

I hope you are right homie

speicher lane 08-23-2019 02:48 PM

^^^ How did the prop test go Re: Frisckstyle thread you started?

payuppsucker 08-24-2019 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by speicher lane (Post 4703483)
^^^ How did the prop test go Re: Frisckstyle thread you started?

I couldn’t spin them past 4800, which is pretty much what I figured but I wanted to give it a shot.
They were monsters, 18x32.
I believe it would take upwards of 1300 HP to spin them on a heavy flat bottom like Justin and I have.
1050 HP will not.

payuppsucker 08-24-2019 09:47 AM

My attitude is much better today.
Got the fire extinguisher mess cleaned up and starter, battery cables and battery switches replaced yesterday.
Required a couple hours of doing a hand stand in the bilge but we are getting ready to go support the petroleum industry as soon as we finish breakfast 😎

payuppsucker 08-24-2019 09:49 AM

I love you Tank 😘 😎

thisistank 08-24-2019 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by payuppsucker (Post 4703576)

I love you Tank 😘 😎

Ha! I love you my brother! Glad you got it worked out and getting things dialed in. Sometimes it’s a process that takes a little patience. And when I say sometimes I mean, most the times (freakin boats :picard1: ). Just remember: We need it in tip top shape for key west! ;) :D

payuppsucker 08-24-2019 07:32 PM

This was probably the hijack of all hijacks.
Sorry Eric. 😂
But we did burn $700+ in gas today so life is good once more.

seafordguy 08-25-2019 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by payuppsucker (Post 4703628)
Sorry Eric. 😂

nicely done!
Hope it's running well

I'm just going to order the Perko pieces. It's easier, and I need easy in my life right now....

offshoredrillin 08-25-2019 07:16 AM

there was actually a guy on here that was taking those latches and taking off the plastic and putting billet on them. i wanted them but he couldnt produce them fast enough for the demand.. i just saw two of mine cracked in the tiger so ill be ordering 2 as well.

speicher lane 08-25-2019 07:27 AM

Check a local dealer for Price - Perko is selling them on Amazon so to "protect" their end retailers, they have to set the price at full MSRP... if nobody wants to swing a deal - amazon delivers to the door

thisistank 08-25-2019 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin (Post 4703674)
there was actually a guy on here that was taking those latches and taking off the plastic and putting billet on them. i wanted them but he couldnt produce them fast enough for the demand.. i just saw two of mine cracked in the tiger so ill be ordering 2 as well.

was that the guy with the green and purple 95ish top gun? He made all kinds of little billet stuff.

thisistank 08-25-2019 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by payuppsucker (Post 4703628)
Sorry Eric. 😂

Awesome!