Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By blewsmoke
  • 2 Post By blewsmoke

2008 39 top gun unlimited rework and upgrade project

Old 08-27-2019, 05:17 PM
Registered

My Boat: 2008 Cigarette 39 TG Unlimited Lip-Ship Edition
Default 2008 39 top gun unlimited rework and upgrade project

This fall I am embarking on first phase of project 39 problemz redux. Started on NXT1 rebuild on port side and replacement of tranny back in July. October we will deliver the boat to Mark at Visual Imagination for a complete touch-up and re clear. Debating on redoing motor's. I think I may wait another year. The motors are in super good shape even with 430hrs on them. Prior to me buying the boat in 2017, the boat had headers and exhaust replaced, brand new manning trailer, brand new interior from Waves and Wheels. We added sea deck last fall. Once motors are done this year or next, the boat will be completely redone. Starboard drive/tranny have been done before and also after pulling the port tranny, will rebuild it to have a back up since that can be the weak link. Will post up some pics as we start.

Looking forward to it. Thought about getting a 42x, but really cannot give up this 39. Just cannot replace it.
ryanot1 likes this.
Old 08-27-2019, 05:30 PM
Registered

My Boat: 2008 Cigarette 39 TG Unlimited Lip-Ship Edition
Default Some pics of as is

Originally Posted by blewsmoke View Post
This fall I am embarking on first phase of project 39 problemz redux. Started on NXT1 rebuild on port side and replacement of tranny back in July. October we will deliver the boat to Mark at Visual Imagination for a complete touch-up and re clear. Debating on redoing motor's. I think I may wait another year. The motors are in super good shape even with 430hrs on them. Prior to me buying the boat in 2017, the boat had headers and exhaust replaced, brand new manning trailer, brand new interior from Waves and Wheels. We added sea deck last fall. Once motors are done this year or next, the boat will be completely redone. Starboard drive/tranny have been done before and also after pulling the port tranny, will rebuild it to have a back up since that can be the weak link. Will post up some pics as we start.

Looking forward to it. Thought about getting a 42x, but really cannot give up this 39. Just cannot replace it.
Sydwayz and H20 Toie like this.