Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Cigarette (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/cigarette-32/)
-   -   Anyone know this TG? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/cigarette/363739-anyone-know-tg.html)

Moses 11-04-2019 06:38 PM

Anyone know this TG?
 
Was considering trading my Hallett of selling if I can find the right boat. Tough finding clean boats at the correct price point. https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.off...6d0529537c.pnghttps://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.off...57dba0e0a2.png
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.off...8912b64061.png

jbraun2828 11-04-2019 06:56 PM

That boat was completely redone at lipship a few years ago. It’s a beautiful straight bottom 38 that lives at LOTO. Is it for sale?

Lucky Strike Jr 11-04-2019 06:56 PM


Moses 11-04-2019 07:42 PM

Yea I had a gentleman from a Big Marine Dealer our there send me pics of the boat A year ago and said the guy was wanting to get into a cruiser. The price was just far off for a straight bottom gun with 525s. I get it was restored but it’s still a 93 boat and engineering and there’s no getting around that. I would trade my Hallett for it which some would think that’s crazy but I want a TG:)

HOSSMAN 11-05-2019 07:19 AM

I chatted with the owner briefly at Rendezvous this year when we saw it and he didn't mention anything about selling but $$$ talks I am sure. My wife and I followed the build and at the time were interested in looking at it. Boat is beautiful in person.

Donziben 11-05-2019 08:13 AM

A friend of mine owns it. As others said, was completely redone at lip ship. Motors were rebuilt last year. Beautiful boat. He takes great care of her.

Moses 11-05-2019 08:29 AM


Originally Posted by HOSSMAN (Post 4713683)
I chatted with the owner briefly at Rendezvous this year when we saw it and he didn't mention anything about selling but $$$ talks I am sure. My wife and I followed the build and at the time were interested in looking at it. Boat is beautiful in person.

Really wanted to make it down for the event this year. I love LOTO still trying to get the wife to tag along next time out. That boat looks beautiful, would definitely need to be that caliber of a restoration or a twin step to make it worth selling. I know I donít have the time to restore a boat to that level. Or the experience😁

Moses 11-05-2019 08:34 AM


Originally Posted by Donziben (Post 4713689)
A friend of mine owns it. As others said, was completely redone at lip ship. Motors were rebuilt last year. Beautiful boat. He takes great care of her.

Thatís great heís enjoying it. Too many are parked or racked stored and never run. Well when you to run into him could you let him know Iím interested? Who knows maybe thereís a chance:)

F-2 Speedy 11-05-2019 08:40 AM

Join the 1 Team

frickstyle 11-05-2019 10:03 AM

What price are we talking about here?

thisistank 11-05-2019 10:48 AM


Originally Posted by frickstyle (Post 4713706)
what price are we talking about here?


:drink: :drink: :drink:

Moses 11-05-2019 10:59 AM


Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy (Post 4713695)
Join the 1 Team

im trying Ken!!!

Moses 11-05-2019 11:00 AM


Originally Posted by thisistank (Post 4713716)
:drink: :drink: :drink:

Tank just enjoy those Cocktails in KW😁 Iím busy trying to get in the game🤣

HOSSMAN 11-05-2019 11:18 AM


Originally Posted by Moses (Post 4713691)

Really wanted to make it down for the event this year. I love LOTO still trying to get the wife to tag along next time out. That boat looks beautiful, would definitely need to be that caliber of a restoration or a twin step to make it worth selling. I know I donít have the time to restore a boat to that level. Or the experience😁


It's a hell of a great time! We were glad we finally carved it into our schedule even though the weather was "ehh", still a great time and PBC puts on a great show, kudos to the team. The boat is of that caliber, looks just as good as it did when it left LS when we saw it. It was great to see it in person finally. I wouldn't hesitate to buy it, boat is gorgeous!

thisistank 11-05-2019 01:21 PM


Originally Posted by Moses (Post 4713722)

Tank just enjoy those Cocktails in KW😁 Iím busy trying to get in the game🤣

LOL, definitely have KW / Drinks on the mind but I also see what ol Frick did there. ;) His boat is bad azz.

Moses 11-05-2019 03:26 PM


Originally Posted by thisistank (Post 4713742)
LOL, definitely have KW / Drinks on the mind but I also see what ol Frick did there. ;) His boat is bad azz.

well maybe he can send me a pic:)

F-2 Speedy 11-05-2019 04:12 PM


Originally Posted by Moses (Post 4713757)

well maybe he can send me a pic:)

you want 1 of 4 built......

Sydwayz 11-06-2019 08:51 AM

I believe that boat spent one summer here in VA before going to LOTO, after the Lip-Ship refit. The owner of the boat in VA was METICULOUS.

frickstyle 11-07-2019 06:32 AM


Originally Posted by thisistank (Post 4713742)
.... but I also see what ol Frick did there. ;) His boat is bad azz.

Ha, I wasn't trying to swoop in. I was more curious on what the market thinks for pricing on these resto boats. What's "too much" for higher priced old boats. Doesn't matter how much money you dump into them, $100K, $200K, + etc. There is a ceiling where they won't trade above, just trying to gauge the current market, everything is for sale....

It's something that comes up here every 6 months.

jbraun2828 11-07-2019 07:40 AM


Originally Posted by frickstyle (Post 4714008)
Ha, I wasn't trying to swoop in. I was more curious on what the market thinks for pricing on these resto boats. What's "too much" for higher priced old boats. Doesn't matter how much money you dump into them, $100K, $200K, + etc. There is a ceiling where they won't trade above, just trying to gauge the current market, everything is for sale....

It's something that comes up here every 6 months.

frick, I think this boat was north of 150k when it came from Lipship

frickstyle 11-07-2019 07:57 AM

That helps thanks. Not sure what they actually trade at though.... Anyone know what sales price? $125K?

cigrocket 11-07-2019 08:19 AM

I personally have only seen 2 Top Gun Straight Bottoms in the past 4 years sell for more then 95K. When everything was said and done.

frickstyle 11-07-2019 09:34 AM

^^^Yup, that was my thinking. I've also seen some really nice guns (SSM 6s, well maintained, nice power, 90mph, etc) Go up and not sell for a fair price on those units. It's a really tough sell when you get into the stratosphere on resto mod Guns.

cigrocket 11-07-2019 10:25 AM


Originally Posted by frickstyle (Post 4714045)
^^^Yup, that was my thinking. I've also seen some really nice guns (SSM 6s, well maintained, nice power, 90mph, etc) Go up and not sell for a fair price on those units. It's a really tough sell when you get into the stratosphere on resto mod Guns.

Been their, done that. No return on the money invested. I got a decent number at the time Low $80's. And that was almost 6 years ago, and everything had been touched/massaged in some fashion.

One of the problems now facing older restored boats is financing for some. Most ....not saying all don't have a large amount of cash for the boat and need some help. Newer boats are easier to finance. Not to mention older boats tend to need some additional maintenance.

Except for 4 Straight Bottom Special Order Top Guns that were built in the 2000's. All of them are AT LEAST.....19 years Old.

F-2 Speedy 11-07-2019 11:14 AM

150k is getting pretty deep into a TS gun

Moses 11-07-2019 11:24 AM


Originally Posted by frickstyle (Post 4714008)
Ha, I wasn't trying to swoop in. I was more curious on what the market thinks for pricing on these resto boats. What's "too much" for higher priced old boats. Doesn't matter how much money you dump into them, $100K, $200K, + etc. There is a ceiling where they won't trade above, just trying to gauge the current market, everything is for sale....

It's something that comes up here every 6 months.

Iíd pay up to 80k for a Straight Bottom of this caliber. Itís still a Bravo Boat and Older Style 525s rebuilt. I restore Autos as a hobby at a very high level. bottom line you better restore the right auto to the right specs if you want your money out of it. I love watching the auctions and watching what some of these high dollar restos sell for. 100k builds selling for 25-30k. We all know what it takes financially to build toys like this and we do it because we love it not because we are trying to make a profit otherwise id flip boats:) And it would not be Cigarettes😁

Joe 11-07-2019 02:28 PM

Saw a really nice resto gun at phil's last week. might want to give him a call to discuss......

Moses 11-07-2019 04:33 PM


Originally Posted by Joe (Post 4714080)
Saw a really nice resto gun at phil's last week. might want to give him a call to discuss......

thanks Joe, I will reach out. We donít have many out on the West Coast so I appreciate the heads up.

Joe 11-07-2019 08:40 PM


Originally Posted by Moses (Post 4714092)

thanks Joe, I will reach out. We donít have many out on the West Coast so I appreciate the heads up.

have not seen this EFI conversion before. Thought it was cool. Here's a pic.https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.off...c6d3d2649c.jpg

Joe 11-07-2019 08:43 PM

Phil, if you're reading this, no need for referral fee if he buys it. How about just smiling a little from time to time... or, just once would be a good start!!!! LOL🤓

pm203 11-07-2019 10:19 PM


Originally Posted by cigrocket (Post 4714033)
I personally have only seen 2 Top Gun Straight Bottoms in the past 4 years sell for more then 95K. When everything was said and done.

Does that include the Ron Potter Top Gun?

Moses 11-08-2019 12:18 AM


Originally Posted by Joe (Post 4714111)
have not seen this EFI conversion before. Thought it was cool. Here's a pic.https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.off...c6d3d2649c.jpg

Edlebrock makes some nice parts. I met a gentleman this year that races a Hallett high speed ski boat that engineers some of there parts. His Hallett is twin Turboed have to find a picture.

Jim Diesel 11-14-2019 09:11 AM


Originally Posted by Joe (Post 4714080)
Saw a really nice resto gun at phil's last week. might want to give him a call to discuss......

I stopped by Tuesday, it's a sharp resto for sure and one of the nicest I've seen. I think he said it was an 99 and the power made 650 ish.

bigboat28 11-14-2019 12:44 PM

How much is it going up for?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33 AM.


Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.