Cig Ladies wear >

Cig Ladies wear

Notices

Cig Ladies wear

Old 01-13-2023, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 971 Likes on 441 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
I have a friend that is been having a old 20 Cig redone, he has bought a bunch of the over price cloths. Kind of like Harley gear, once you slap the logo on you have to pay the 40% premium over the non logo same $hit.
Well, when you have Eddie money it doesn't matter.
The following users liked this post:
Wildman_grafix (01-13-2023)
Old 01-13-2023, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 581 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by DrFeelgood
Well, when you have Eddie money it doesn't matter.
Did somebody say my name lol
Old 01-13-2023, 09:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Eddienel
Did somebody say my name lol
Do all Eddies have Eddie money?
Old 01-13-2023, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 581 Likes on 295 Posts

Not this Eddie
Old 01-13-2023, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
I have a friend that is been having a old 20 Cig redone, he has bought a bunch of the over price cloths. Kind of like Harley gear, once you slap the logo on you have to pay the 40% premium over the non logo same $hit.
he texted me pictures of the packaging when it came in. At least the presentation matches the price, LMAO
The following users liked this post:
87CigCafe (01-23-2023)
Old 01-13-2023, 10:01 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,119 Likes on 469 Posts

Over priced merchandising is no big deal. If you buy a million dollar sports boat, do you really care if the wife wants a casual outfit that costs $200……? The current breed of new Cig buyers aren’t fussed about the hundreds, it’s the bigger dollars they’re concerned with. Most boats are overpriced nowadays, why shouldn’t their fashion accessories be too?

Is a Rolex watch any better than Omega or Seiko? Probably not, but it’s the only one that says Rolex on the dial. 🙂

RR (and his opinion)
The following 6 users liked this post by rak rua:
ICDEDPPL (01-13-2023), larslindroth (01-16-2023), Perlmudder (01-24-2023), sonicss42 (01-14-2023), underpsi68 (01-13-2023), Wildman_grafix (01-13-2023)
Old 01-13-2023, 11:01 AM
Registered

Received 1,310 Likes on 731 Posts

If so I am changing my name!

Originally Posted by rak rua
Over priced merchandising is no big deal. If you buy a million dollar sports boat, do you really care if the wife wants a casual outfit that costs $200……? The current breed of new Cig buyers aren’t fussed about the hundreds, it’s the bigger dollars they’re concerned with. Most boats are overpriced nowadays, why shouldn’t their fashion accessories be too?

Is a Rolex watch any better than Omega or Seiko? Probably not, but it’s the only one that says Rolex on the dial. 🙂

RR (and his opinion)
That is funny, same person bought one of those! LOL. All I want is a Apple Watch to track my pulse rate, so I can see how I do at work when
The following 2 users liked this post by Wildman_grafix:
DrFeelgood (01-13-2023), rak rua (01-13-2023)
Old 01-13-2023, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 787 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by rak rua

RR (and his opinion)
I agree to a certain extent on the over priced merchandise. Million dollar boats. I get they aren’t going to sell $15 t shirts. I take exception to the fact they are literally ordering stock clothes from **** vendors and slapping logos on it then up-charging. Price increases give the impression that it’s better quality clothes. The woman’s lines look like athletica junk and the men’s look like under armour.

on the watches. Omega is no where near Rolex. Omega use eta movements and slap omega logos on it. Much like breitling, panerai, etc. Rolex design and manufacture all movements in house. You pay for it along with marketing.
Old 01-13-2023, 01:54 PM
Registered

Received 2,831 Likes on 951 Posts

I get marketing and catering to an elite clientele. I do. And correct, you drop 3 million on a cigarette you’re not gonna give two sh*ts about dropping money on over priced swag. But on the flip side, I would think there’s a way to balance catering to the ultra wealthy while still paying homage and respect to current cigarette owners and fans. I mean, skip did it. And he was even criticized for it but he still managed to have people in place to deal with prior customers (bud) even if it was limited and he kept the clothes reasonable and he did a fantastic job at building the brand recognition, turning it into a world brand and staying focused on not getting sidetracked with allusions of grandeur. He stayed on mission and understood the broader market, wide variety of supporters (fans)and clientele while understanding the limitations of the brand.

I also think it comes down to basic economics regarding the clothing prices - there’s only so many people interested in buying clothes plastered with cig logos and the vast majority of those people are NOT the huge ballers but the owners that have older boats and/ or those that respect the heritage. If you cut out that group you’ve just cut off a major portion of sales. Better to sell only a handful of overpriced swag? Or sell a ton of swag at reasonable prices? Remember, the more shirts you have out there the more free advertising you’re getting. Like I said. It’s marketing 101.

less distractions, more realistic goals and more understanding the clientele and specialized market is what’s needed over there in my humble opinion.
Old 01-13-2023, 02:01 PM
Registered

It feels like the owners never really were interested in building boats, and assumed that part of the business would just keep on ticking on its own, instead trying to grow the value of the brand by making it appeal to those who just want to be associated with some sort of luxury image without actually having the means or desire to buy a boat.

The following 2 users liked this post by DrFeelgood:
larslindroth (01-16-2023), thisistank (01-13-2023)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.